• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Thanks for telling us, but unless your post relates directly to shinies, it's not needed. Just PM or VM one of us next time.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I agree, its normal colors are vibrant and nice. Its shiny colors are dull.

I have began to hatch for a Shiny Munna via the Masuda Method.

At 30 eggs. Hurray for only taking 1000 steps to hatch with Flame Body in front. ^__^

----

EDIT: OH MY GOD! I JUST HATCHED A SHINY MUNNA ON THE 66TH EGG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG

I am so excited, you have no idea. Really. Omg. Recorded it on video. OMG FIRST SHINY IN BLACK WHITE! AND ONLY TOOK AN HOUR!

It has Forewarn (worst possible ability) and is Jolly (worst possible nature) but who cares? It's SHINY! <3 <3 <3

Spoiler:

MY FAVOUITE SHINY OF ISSHU!!!

Congrats and, only on 60 eggs. I am really, really jealous at the moment >.<

I just love of it is so balloon like (shiny), and the green flowers look so cool. I love how it floats around in the video you took. So cute <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Shiny Munna actually looks better than non-shiny Munna. XD; But wow, only about 60 eggs? That's pretty good for a shiny (I think?) I so want a shiny Denchura for my first when I get to play next yeaaar.

King Gumball

Years
    @ Amai-- Did you use the Masuada method to get the Munna? that is breeding a Japanese Munna/Musharna and a foreign Munna/Musharna together?

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    MY FAVOUITE SHINY OF ISSHU!!!

Congrats and, only on 60 eggs. I am really, really jealous at the moment >.<

I just love of it is so balloon like (shiny), and the green flowers look so cool. I love how it floats around in the video you took. So cute <3
    Thank you :3
    Shiny Munna actually looks better than non-shiny Munna. XD; But wow, only about 60 eggs? That's pretty good for a shiny (I think?) I so want a shiny Denchura for my first when I get to play next yeaaar.
    It is good, although it's not that rare to happen with the Masuda Method I believe. Thank you ^_^
    @ Amai-- Did you use the Masuada method to get the Munna? that is breeding a Japanese Munna/Musharna and a foreign Munna/Musharna together?
    Well, foreign Munna and Musharna do not exist yet. I did however get an English Ditto by trading it to my friend's Japanese Heart Gold, who then transfered it to her Pokemon Black, then traded it back to my Pokemon White since transfering doesn't work with English games if Black/White is Japanese.

But yes, I used the Masuda Method.

I am going after Tsutarja now ^__^

Edit: Just realized Munna was the 36th egg, not the 66th. I was being stupid, my box names confused me I thought the second box started at 60, but it ends at 60 making my shiny on the 36th egg. Sorry for being stupid ^_^;

I will never be that lucky again. :(

Last edited:

King Gumball

Years
    @Amai- Oh sorry, I meant foreign Ditto XD

@Kaori- I actually like the shiny Bachura more than normal. I think the purple eyes look like little amethysts, making it heaps cuter <3

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    I think the dull-colored Bachura should have been the normal one. The brighter yellow and blue eyes seem like shiny colors to me.

I don't like the dull yellow though. I like the purple eyes.

At 60 eggs with Tsutarja. I am going to start breeding it with Egg moves now. I want it to have Iron Tail and Glare, so what I have to do is:

Male Agron w/Iron Tail -- Female Gible
    Male Gible w/Iron Tail -- Female Seviper
    Male Seviper w/Iron Tail and Glare -- Female Tsutarja

Male Tsutarja w/Iron Tail and Glare -- Ditto

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well... BachuLock looks nice as a normal coloured Bachura and the (whatever program Erica showed last night) one from that program last night was adorable and pretty, so... I dunno, I think now I'm used to the normal colouring of Bachura, that the shiny one, you'd expect more. So really, I think the normal Bachura is fine, but the shiny one needed improvement, idk.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    Man I want a shiny now! What are the chance of encountering a shiny in B/W? Someone please tell me.:3

Forbidden1

csgo
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    wow. i got a shiny cobalon and a shiny kibagon.. two in the same day lol
    i got lucky as heck today..

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    It's the same.

All these posters sure are getting lucky, then. :cer_laugh: I hope there are easier ways to encounter Shiny Pokemon other than the proposed Masuda Method, though, like chaining with the PokeRadar... Or at least raise the shiny encounter rate to a tolerable level! :P

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    Personally, I think the Shiny Rate is fine the way it is.

Makes them more special when you find one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It's gonna suck if I encounter a Pokemon I've never seen and I don't notice the sparkle and I just kill it accidentally. But no, I haven't found a shiny in White yet. Maybe soon? :)

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    Not really. They're different animals (although this can be debated), and they're not the same colors, unless you consider light green yellow and pink purple.

Back