• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    *Funny Shinny*

Druddigon LOL this dude looks like King Bowser! In a wierd way idk :cheeky:

Its a stretch

Anywayz From, Torch

That's Mama Luigi to you Mario!

I want a shiny Reshiram but sadly I can't, so maybe I'll SR for other legends.

Last edited:

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Just hatched a shiny tepig! ^_^ First try, no masuda method (or however you say it, lol) just bread a pignite with my shiny ditto and BAM! shiny tepig! ^_^

McCovey's Shiny Count:
    Shiny Gurdurr
    Shiny Tepig

Years
    Just hatched a shiny tepig! ^_^ First try, no masuda method (or however you say it, lol) just bread a pignite with my shiny ditto and BAM! shiny tepig! ^_^

McCovey's Shiny Count:
    Shiny Gurdurr
    Shiny Tepig

Wow. Congratulations!
    That is pretty lucky for your first go!

:::EDIT:::
    OHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GODDDDDDDDDDD!
    I was just going to Mistarlton Cave and in the grass, a cute little shint Deerling pops up! 8D
    I was lucky to have the sound on, because I wasn't even paying attention!
    Here SHE is:
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Last edited:

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    So, I just randomly got my first 5th gen shiny... a PATRAT. Oh well, I'll take it. :) I was just getting random stock to transfer Pokémon I needed from White for my dex on Black, and bam. I caught it in a Dive Ball to make Patrat a little more interesting. lol

Years
    I've just started playing and encountered more than uh, few hundreds of patrats/lilipups because I EV train.. And no shiny yet xD The only shin I've ever gotten is in my ruby version. a shiny tentacruel. -___-

I want a shiny female snivy so bad!!

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Only shiny that is not an event is a Rufflet. For now.

Quirky w/ Keen Eye. Sitting in my Black version now as I have reset my White to play it as the male and so I can attempt for a better Thundurus than Docile.

Shiny Braviary is gonna be fun. Will probably make it a Fly user. Maybe.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
    Years
    I'm off to try to get a shiny zorua through the ole breeding method taking a japanese

pokemon and my american zorua. Then i will have 1/2000 chance roughly every time

it hatches. So lol ill post on this when i finally obtain one.. (if ever)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I'm off to try to get a shiny zorua through the ole breeding method taking a japanese

pokemon and my american zorua. Then i will have 1/2000 chance roughly every time

it hatches. So lol ill post on this when i finally obtain one.. (if ever)

That is such a great graphic XD They are so cute, one of my favourite shinies because of this image. I always thought the shiny was great, hopefully I will masuada for one later. I HATE Zoraork's shiny though, the purple is disgusting, and imo even its normal looks bad.

Jockey-- Braviary is a great shiny too, the blue suits it so well. I'M JEALOUS D:<

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    I hatched a Shiny Axew Wednesday Morning after getting off from work. I was twelve eggs in. Saved my game, and was going to go to sleep, but decided to hatch one more egg from my Fraxure and japanese ditto and sure enough it had purple iris's and purple coloring around its neck. I almost threw my DS lite. im so glad that have achieved this so early. Im going for a second shiny axew.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I like shiny reshiram, emboar and scolipede but not hydreigon.

Shiny Reshiram is awesome. It's a shame you can't get shiny Reshiram leigitmately. :<

And I swear I'm one of fre who doesn't like Emboar. I mean, I love blue fames (shiny Ponyta <3), but something about it doesn't look right. :\

Anyway, I love shiny Gigalith, shiny Litwick, shiny Haxorus... the generic ones. XD Also, shiny Ferrothorn looks decent. Shiny Yamask and Confagrigus look nice too. :> I also like shiny Ducklett for some odd reason. X'D

Sadly, I haven't encountered a shiny in Pokemon Black yet. :< I've transferred my shinies over, but that doesn't cout. XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2013
    How do you know if a pokemon is shiny if you are not familiar with that certain pokemon? Is there something that tells you it's shiny?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't see an official shiny thread so here goes:
    I'm traveling down route 13 trying to get to an entrance to the great chasm and suddenly holy crap a green golbat!!!

You didn't search very long then (or didn't you even search at all?), since there's a shiny thread on the third page.~

Back