• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • So in my...about 143 or so hours of playing Black version, I've only came across two shinies: A shiny Tangela and a shiny Piloswine. Now, I understand that neither Pokemon might not be too impressive, even as a shiny, but it was quite an accomplishment for me, though. n___n The amazing part about it is the short period of time in which the two encounters actually happened.

So yeah, I just wanted to share that. xD;

Two shinies in one game is pretty amazing IMO. I only ever find one shiny per game. XD

Anyway, I've been getting extremely lucky with the GTS at the moment. Someone wanted a Reshiram for a shiny Azelf, so I traded one of my Jirachi's from Channel for a Reshiram and then traded that for the Azelf. It's not like I'm going to trade my Reshiram. XP Anyway, I'm fairly sure it's as legit as it is going to get, as it was transferred over from Sinnoh at level 50, the level you catch it. I also found a shiny Torchic. I've always wanted a shiny Torchic just because I love Torchic. :D I even soft-reset for a while on Pokemon Emerald to try and get one. Anyway, they wanted a Breloom. Luckily, I transferred a Breloom over from Pokemon Platinum that I transferred from Pokemon Emerald that I got from Pokemon XD as a Shroomish. XD Anyway, it couldn't be traded for some reason. I'm guessing it's the National Ribbon. Luckily, I had a Shroomish in my box that I quickly levelled up and traded. It's level 1, and it has Speed Boost as an ability. It has basically the perfect nature (adamant, so it boosts attack and lowers special attack.) Meh, I'm just happy I got a shiny Torchic, and I'll try and EV train it at some point. :D

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
  • Well, I haven't caught any shinies by a random encounter, sadly. However, I have managed to get a Shiny Shuckle from the GTS (very suprised to see it there although it is legit) and a Shiny Heatmor from the Masuda Method (took a while but it was worth it in the end.
    I was trying to use the Masuda Method for a Shiny Trubbish but I got bored after a while... If I have time, however, I may go on trying to hatch a Shiny Klink. Wish me luck!

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    It's level 1, and it has Speed Boost as an ability. It has basically the perfect nature (adamant, so it boosts attack and lowers special attack.) Meh, I'm just happy I got a shiny Torchic, and I'll try and EV train it at some point. :D

Hate to break it to ya, mate, but that's hacked.

The only way to get a Speed Boost Torchic is through the DW giveaway, and they're all 1) Male and 2) Shiny-checked.

So the only way to get a shiny Speed Boost Torchic would be to breed a (not legit) FEMALE Speed Boost Torchic.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I encountered a shiny Deino in Victory Road, but this was before I replenished my supply of Poke Balls. *sobs*
    Oh man thats SUCKS. BTW just the other day i was randomly walking to challenger cave to prove to my cuz that there is no legends in there ( hes a bit slow) and on my way in i see *drummmm roollll* a shiny pawniard. As fast as i freaking could i threw a quick ball and i slammed on the A button which i havent done sence i played crystal and caught it. I then shove off my cuz and check my PC box and then i see he is adamant i nearly slapped my self in the face i am so EFFING lucky!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2011
    I found a shiny Lilligant at the Abundant Shrine yesterday! She has a Brave Nature though.... XD

Hectic

Dew yew liek Tyranitars?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    I've been trying to breed a shiny Snivy. My Snivy is Jap, so it should be easier but I've had no luck.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Alright, this is slightly offtopic, but I'm trying to breed a shiny ralts, at 400 eggs atm with no luck...

But I did get a random encounter shiny ferroseed a couple days ago :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    I actually caught my first shiny ever this week. It was a bouffalant. Then about three hours later after taking a break, I caught ANOTHER shiny bouffalant. I thought it was insane that I caught one, but two in the same day? Insanity.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I encountered my first of 5th Generation a few weeks. I was hatching eggs and I went on "Tour Around Unova" kind of thing. As I was strolling Route 3, I encountered a Shiny Patrat. I threw a Quick Ball and I caught it. I checked it's stats at the PC and it was Bashful, Boo-hoo. At least I caught a shiny.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    im not a fan of most shinies though. :|

and i was so lucky to have my first shiny (a patrat) on my first day of playing. lmao

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Awhile back I found a shiny Solrock in the Giant(or great?) Chasm. I kept thinking to myself. If this thing uses Explosion i'm going to cut myself. It was in a double battle too, so i had to kill the other pokemon in the battle before catching it in a quick ball. it didn't use explosion so I thought it didn't have it, then I checked the moves and saw explosion and I was so happy it didn't use it.

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
  • I found a shiny Audino doing the moving bush hunt in the area before the forest near the being. only one so far.

grodkorv

i like trains..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    i just breed myself a shiny solosis right about now!
    it had the ability magic guard, so im pleased :3

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • My first shiny in Black wasn't a Gen V poke. Which kinda made me sad but I caught a Shiny Ditto. I'm now in a few hunt's for shinies by breeding.

The_Evil_Weavile

used Ennui
    Years
  • I was so ticked when I finally ran into a shiny and it was a Darmanitan. -_- Oh boy! IT'S--IT'S!!! Slightly dark brown. -_- I did manage to rape a few people on GTS out of a shiny Weavile and a shiny Mr. Mime though. I keep running into hacks, but these are legit. I managed to pawn off Darmanitard for a Groudon though. So no loss.

Back