• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Got a shiny Kyurem last night, traded with someone on Yotuube,

Not quite sure whatever it's hacked or not, :(
    There's an Official "Check My Pokémon" thread where you can check to see if your Pokémon are hacked or not. Just post and someone will get to ya!

No shinies yet, hoping for a shiny litwick (I'm breeding)
    Reminds me of the time I was EV training a Larvesta in SpA in Celestial Tower and I ran into a shiny Litwick. Glorious moment of my life! (;

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    Yeah I heard It's amazing my next goal is a furret or cinccino.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I was wondering, is it possible to get a shiny Kyurem legitly?

Yup. Soft Reset. Or RNG. But unlike Reshiram, or Zekrom, Kyurem is completely possible.

Did I ever post here about the random Ponyta I hatched? It was with 1/8192 chances and not even my intention... egg #7 while looking for a good timid morning sun daddy.

2a60b3c.jpg

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Wow o.o I haven't encountered any shinies on my own since Pokemon Pearl and that was years ago. Lucky lol.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • I still haven't encountered any shinies! I played Black for almost 100 hours and now I'm about halfway in HG and nooo shinies. Yeah, probably wont ever see one with my luck, but at least I have my dear shiny eevee on Black that I got from a trade. There it is, waiting for a 6th gen game (or the third 5th gen) to come so that I can transfer it there as a part of my team.

I'll probably try Masuda breeding on Black after I finish HG though.

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    Currently trying to Masuda breed a shiny Riolu, as Lucario is the only Japanese Pokemon I have. Hatched over 100 eggs, no luck, kind of got bored.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • After using the masuda method on many Pokemon and encountering a huge amount of Pokemon in the wild when EV Training, I have not seen one shiny at all. I began losing interest in Pokemon, I decided to come back and check my trade thread. Someone wanted a female and male Nidoran, I started breeding them with my Ditto and Nidoking. (They are both mine, so this isn't the masuda method) Anyways after hatching three female Nidorans, the third one looked purple, I said to myself yeah right... the male hatched fourth, I completed the trade and went to release the other Nidorans, but as soon as I looked at the status I saw the * symbol and I was like WTF? lol...

jordsters

The master of... TEH FLOON
    Years
  • I haven't really encountered any Shinies in Black, except the ones I've PokéTransfered. I am trying to get a Shiny Riolu egg, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2011
    Never encountered any shinies in my White game, to be fair I've been playing Pokemon games since the original Gold/Silver and I've never seen a shiny in any game! (Apart from the obvious Red Gyarados...)

Guess I'm just not that lucky when it comes to finding shiny pokemon :P

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • After hours of levelling up and EV training, I've only encountered one shiny Pokémon and that was a shiny Tympole outside of Pinwheel Forest.. unfortunately I only had levels 50+ and three Pokéballs in my bag.
    My favourite fifth generation shiny is by far Reuniclus; the blue gel-like blob surrounding it just appeals to me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    I hatched the shiny Litwick! 3rd try, no masuda method, just pure skill. :D Now its level 54, and a rockin ORANGE EV'D chandelure!

ObeyMudkips

Raichupacabra back up
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    I found a Shiny Charmander in April. It took me 156 eggs with the Masuda Mthod.

Back