• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I spent a while running around looking for shiny Axews because they're amazing and I want a shiny Haxorus more than anything buuuuut I'm apparently never going to find one. :( Maybe I should like actually figure out how to increase my chances or something because running around isn't helping me find anything at all... ;-;

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
    I spent a while running around looking for shiny Axews because they're amazing and I want a shiny Haxorus more than anything buuuuut I'm apparently never going to find one. :( Maybe I should like actually figure out how to increase my chances or something because running around isn't helping me find anything at all... ;-;

There's always Masuda Method, if you have the time for it. Finding in the wild would be harder due to the chances of other shiny 'mons showing up.

Just got a Lv. 70 Shiny Boldore from GTS. Mild nature... -__- No luck this time with Natures.

The Boldore was a hack. Should have checked the capture date earlier.

In it's place, however: A Shiny Venipede! Impish Nature.

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I got super lucky on GTSN the other day Got a shiny Braviry Adamant nature, Im not sure he knew what he had though i had up 2 shinys for it yet he choose a lvl 1 spirit tomb.
    I never do Musuda method i never have the patience. But im doing really good on GTSN definitely my new favorite feature.

Reuniclus lvl 63 Mild nature shiny. Dang I am doing really good on GTS though im not sure ill keep this one, never was ever in to Reuniclus.

Last edited:

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
    I got super lucky on GTSN the other day Got a shiny Braviry Adamant nature, Im not sure he knew what he had though i had up 2 shinys for it yet he choose a lvl 1 spirit tomb.
    I never do Musuda method i never have the patience. But im doing really good on GTSN definitely my new favorite feature.

Reuniclus lvl 63 Mild nature shiny. Dang I am doing really good on GTS though im not sure ill keep this one, never was ever in to Reuniclus.

Is GTS Negotiations a good way to go in trying to get Shiny Pokemon? Just curious, as I haven't really tried it out.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Is GTS Negotiations a good way to go in trying to get Shiny Pokemon? Just curious, as I haven't really tried it out.

Definitly in fact... I dont think ive ever gotten a shiny of the regular GTS. I just edit my opening statment to " I want Color Change" and people usually get the message.

post number 666...0.0

Just got a lvl 100 Shiny porygon Z on GTS for my Charizard. again not keeping this already got my good physic im on a freaking roll.

Last edited:

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    So, I was hatching for a good natured, fake tear cottonee and while on the last batch i planned to hunt for, i saw one with gold leaves, and green eyes, I was so surprised. However, it doesn't have the ability I wanted though. Anyone have any strategies for the infiltrator nature?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    RelentlessRamenRaider said:
    So, I was hatching for a good natured, fake tear cottonee and while on the last batch i planned to hunt for, i saw one with gold leaves, and green eyes, I was so surprised. However, it doesn't have the ability I wanted though. Anyone have any strategies for the infiltrator nature?

I don't think there is anything you can do to increase the chance of getting a specific ability on a bred pokemon...just the nature and the IVs can be controlled (to some extent).

But hey, at least you got the shiny...I've been breeding Druddigons for 5 solid days now and still no shiny...

Arg...the masuda method is so painful!

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    I don't think there is anything you can do to increase the chance of getting a specific ability on a bred pokemon...just the nature and the IVs can be controlled (to some extent).

But hey, at least you got the shiny...I've been breeding Druddigons for 5 solid days now and still no shiny...

Arg...the masuda method is so painful!

I know what you mean by the chances. However, the true aim for my question was to see what kind of strategies I can use with Infiltrator ability. I wanted prankster for the priority status moves, but i am willing to learn how to work with this ability.

Also, I wish you luck on your Druddigon. I was going for a shiny one at one point until i hatched one with the perfect stats, ability, and nature. Impish, with rough skin. He is my favorite pokemon out of all the generations.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    RelentlessRamenRaider said:
    I know what you mean by the chances. However, the true aim for my question was to see what kind of strategies I can use with Infiltrator ability. I wanted prankster for the priority status moves, but i am willing to learn how to work with this ability.

Also, I wish you luck on your Druddigon. I was going for a shiny one at one point until i hatched one with the perfect stats, ability, and nature. Impish, with rough skin. He is my favorite pokemon out of all the generations.

Oh. Well, I'm not sure about strategies for Infiltrator...all it does it does is make the pokemon's moves unaffected by barriers, right? I guess use it to break through light screen and reflect then...

Thanks for the luck on my Druddigon. I need all the luck I can get! I won't give up until I've got the shiny.

Will report it here when I do get it (hopefully soon)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    There's always Masuda Method, if you have the time for it. Finding in the wild would be harder due to the chances of other shiny 'mons showing up.

Just got a Lv. 70 Shiny Boldore from GTS. Mild nature... -__- No luck this time with Natures.

The Boldore was a hack. Should have checked the capture date earlier.

In it's place, however: A Shiny Venipede! Impish Nature.

hey i have been wondering how you tell if a shiny is a hack as i see tons of them on the gts... how do you use the date to find out?

as for shinies on BW my first was an evee hatch and since then i have found several! does anyone know if BW have a better chance of shiny? as in all my other games i have never found more than one per game, (i have been playing since gen1) so far i have found, audino, solosis, boldore and riolu!

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
    hey i have been wondering how you tell if a shiny is a hack as i see tons of them on the gts... how do you use the date to find out?

I believe the date on it was something like 2007 or so, when B/W wasn't released. So it was kinda obvious that the Boldore was a bit off.

You can only tell if you get a Shiny through trade, though. Luckily, I didn't lose much.

Years
    Don't forget if someone rng'd a shiny, the date will most likely be something wacky..I've gotten shinies of black and white pokemon with a 2009 date before yet they are perfectly legit.
    by the way out of the 200+ legit shinies I have,51 of them are unova natives.
    pm me if anyone wants to see my list.

dylkimaloc

Resident Water-type fan
    Years
    I caught a shiny Purrloin yesterday. I love it!
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Years
    I don't have any shinies in Black yet. I do have shinies in previous games, but with Black I'm taking the stand of not importing Pokemon from previous games except level 1s for the sake of filling my Pokedex.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
    i have encountered a shiny cubchoo and got shiny vullaby in a trade. i was surpassed when i found the shiny cubchoo because i really wasn't looking for a shiny but hey I'm not complaining =)

Back