• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Offsets of move animations?

Geodude6

It's just me.
Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    What are the offsets for the animations for the striking turns of Sky Attack, Skull Bash, Solarbeam, and Razor Wind in Fire Red?

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • wait on............
    Are you talking about the items, that come when you use an animation...
    like the seeds when using leech seed????

If so then unlz-gba can be used to view, Nse or unlz can also be used to insert and importantly hex editor to edit some important things :)

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    The issue with using PGE or G3T is that the offset points to the animation for the charging turn, which is not too helpful. I can see that the Sky Attack animation is at 0x1CAD1B, but I'm having trouble decoding it; according to Chaos Rush's guide on creating new animations, the animation should start with 14 WW 17/16, yet the location that Sky Attack's animation points to begins 11 25 AD. Help?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm looking for the same thing. I did find a document with the animation scripts from emerald so I edited Sky Attack to only animate its second turn animation and essentially transformed it into a makeshift "brave bird" attack. All I did was insert 2CD28E into the animation pointer to repoint it and then edit the rest of the move's data and worked great. This however doesn't work for FRLG Sky Attack as it appears the moves have different animation pointers.

Back