• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh dear, why am I here [OU RMT]

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Hey all, I am trying my shot at battling, so guidance is appreciated. Special thanks to Oversoul for the nickname and team building help, and Syndrome for provoking me into learning how to battle. D8<

Overview
    [alink id="Metagross"]
    [/alink id] [alink id="Latias"]
    [/alink id] [alink id="Flygon"]
    [/alink id] [alink id="Hariyama"]
    [/alink id] [alink id="Porygon2"]
    [/alink id] [alink id="Heatran"]
    [/alink id]​

[a id]Metagross[/a id]

Metagross

Pallas Athena @ Occa Berry
    Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Stealth Rock
    - Explosion
    - Earthquake

Standard Metagross lead. He gets the rocks up early match whilst surviving hits from other leads like Ape and Heatran thanks to the Occa Berry and Earthquake too. Explosion lets me remove other leads like Swampert early in the game which helps alot.

[a id]Latias[/a id]

Latias

Artemisia (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate

EVs: 148 HP/252 Spd/108 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Surf

Latias is here as my special sweeper. Calm Mind up late game and smack things with STAB Dragon Pulse whilst Surf compliments it coverage wise. Recover lets me heal of damage after some boosts and lets me take some hits.

[a id]Flygon[/a id]

Flygon

Orpheus Telos (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/80 SAtk
    Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - U-turn

Flygon is a great Choice Bander, U-Turn lets him scout counters and then he can clean up later game with Outrage and Earthquake. Fire Blast allows him to beat things like Skarmory and hits things like Forretress hard. Then, I can Outrage easier later game with those out of the way.

[a id]Hariyama[/a id]

Hariyama

Caesar (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat

EVs: 76 HP/180 Atk/252 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Whirlwind
    - Knock Off
    - Force Palm
    - Ice Punch

Hariyama is here to tank away and covers things like Tyranitar very well. Knocking off items and hitting things with STAB Force Palm helps support the team. Ice Punch covers dragons looking to switch in and also hits Celebi etc. Whirlwind is useful to get rid of annoying stat uppers amongst other things.

[a id]Porygon2[/a id]

Porygon2

Juno @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace

EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave

Porygon2 is here to beat DD Gyarados with Discharge and also DD Salamence with Ice Beam which cause this team a few problems. Thunder Wave helps further support the team and Recover allows him to keep switching in and taking said hits.

[a id]Heatran[/a id]

Heatran

Trismegistus (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 HP/16 SAtk/240 SDef
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Substitute
    - Overheat
    - Earth Power

Heatran is here as he is a good Scizor check. However, I am considering more speed though to beat all versions. This EV spread allows him to beat annoying Pokemon like Gengar. Overheat is for STAB and burn support further helps this team cripple things. Earth Power helps hit other fire types etc.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Unfortunately, once Latias gets hit with Pursuit, you lose to NP Azelf. Pursuit bait Latias is no fun anyways, so I'd suggest the Bulky CM with Reflect / Recover / Calm Mind / Dragon Pulse. You lose coverage, but nothing is immune to Dragon so you can hit everything anyways, and you don't die to the likes of TTar and Scizor.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    At this moment in time, i'm probably talking out my ass, surely PorygonZ?

Yup, you are. P-Z and P2 play totally different roles. In this case, she needs P2 so she has insurance against DD Mence and Gyara, among other things.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Unfortunately, once Latias gets hit with Pursuit, you lose to NP Azelf. Pursuit bait Latias is no fun anyways, so I'd suggest the Bulky CM with Reflect / Recover / Calm Mind / Dragon Pulse. You lose coverage, but nothing is immune to Dragon so you can hit everything anyways, and you don't die to the likes of TTar and Scizor.

I have yet to encounter Pursuit (lol). Ttar has been a problem, but I do not recall Scizor beating me up too much. >O<

I assume you want Latias to have the EV Spread 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe then? I could try that out.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, I'll admit, lately there hasn't been a large amount of Pursuit just because of the BabiriDD Tar, however, I think the craze is going to die down soon and we'll start seeing more CB Tar. And yeah, that's the EVs for the set.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    At this moment in time, i'm probably talking out my ass, surely PorygonZ?

...Must...Resist...Urge...To..Lecture...

*Niprop charges into the thread*

First of all, Porygon2 has a different stat distribution from Z. With
    30 20 more Defense and Special Defense (making 2 MUCH more durable then Z), and less speed (and Special Attack), 2 is able to make better use of Trick Room. Second of all, Porygon2 has Trace (which Z cannot have), with allows it to literally copy the ability of the last poke it was sent out against. You send 2 on Jolteon? 2 absorbs electricity, just like Jolt.
    Third of all, Porygon-Z can't stand more then a few blows, unlike 2, and replacing Porygon2's role with Z's is like trying to replace Gardevoir with Gallade. It doesn't work that way.

*gets a grip of himself*

Anyways, the only thing I could suggest for you is that you might want to consider replacing Discharge with Thunderbolt on 2, seeing as you already have Thunder Wave. However, if you want to take a risk and attempt to paralyze and damage on the same turn, keep Discharge.

Last edited:
    Back