• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh my god

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
  • Hence the reason I've stopped watching the anime.
    They murdered it with sparkly Dawn.
    "We just gotta keep on truckin'!"
    What is that crap? ._.;

And just...ew. The friendship thing...
    That's a bit of what Pokemon is about, but it's more about the actual show.
    Not 'everyone should always be sparkly beautiful friends'.

Years
  • I have to beg to differ. I love the D/P Series much more than the Advanced Generation series. I just.. didn't really like May. Or Max. ~_~
    I mean, yeah, they still kinda reuse the same stuff, but hey, that's the Pokemon Anime for you. It's got a classic formula, and that's what gives it its charm, to me. :p

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I just think that after 42749274 seasons everything gets old.
    They try to add new stuff which miserably fails.
    Then they have the younger kids:
    "OMG PIPLUP IS AWSUM!! ...what's a Bulbasaur?"
    -___-

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    I don't have issues with the characters. I don't mind Dawn, but I do mind the voice acting and script writing. Why isn't 4kids doing it anymore?

I'm not sure if 4Kids entertainment exists anymore. I think they folded and sold the rights to their shows to other companies.

Last edited:

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Ash sold his soul last season. The others soon followed. The result was a show with no real emotion, except the smiling and irritating friendship. With every episode killing your brain cells until you cry "NO more!!!"
    In my opinion, the only good season was the first. After that, everything started getting old. The movies went downhill after the 4th.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • If it's awful then don't watch it. There are better shows on anyway so you might as well watch those instead.

Whining about a show aimed at 6 year-olds. Teens these days.

TripleD said:
    I'm not sure if 4Kids entertainment exists anymore. I think they folded and sold the rights to their shows to other companies.

They still do exist. They just lost the rights to show and don't dub it anymore. No matter how many times their logo appears during the credits.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Ash sold his soul last season. The others soon followed. The result was a show with no real emotion, except the smiling and irritating friendship. With every episode killing your brain cells until you cry "NO more!!!"
    In my opinion, the only good season was the first. After that, everything started getting old. The movies went downhill after the 4th.
    ... and awful "sweat&cute" stuff. I mean Dawn. Why all of her pokemons are cute and sweet? Aggghh! It's just awful.

Whining about a show aimed at 6 year-olds. Teens these days.
    Not at all. Some of them think that old seasons are better too.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Semidos said:
    Not at all. Some of them think that old seasons are better too.

Cool story bro.

That's not what I was pointing out at all though. It's the fact that they're wasting their time whining about some kid's show (Oh look, I'm a hypocrite) when they could just not watch it.

Yoruichi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    I don't think it is that bad. I just never watch it anymore just because I have a life outside of PC.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I don't think it is that bad. I just never watch it anymore just because I have a life outside of PC.

Hey, I have a life, too... wait, I don't watch the anime though, so I guess that doesn't apply :)

Anyways, I only watched the first season, about half the second season, then I drop in once in a while to see if the series has gotten back to the quality of the original. Maybe this show was never good, and I only liked it because I was a kid, but I still hate 3rd+ seasons.

Like it has been said already though, this show IS intended for younger kids. As much as we would love to say we used to enjoy it, I don't think it was ever intended for our age group.

Yoruichi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    Hey, I have a life, too... wait, I don't watch the anime though, so I guess that doesn't apply :)

Anyways, I only watched the first season, about half the second season, then I drop in once in a while to see if the series has gotten back to the quality of the original. Maybe this show was never good, and I only liked it because I was a kid, but I still hate 3rd+ seasons.

Like it has been said already though, this show IS intended for younger kids. As much as we would love to say we used to enjoy it, I don't think it was ever intended for our age group.

Not what I meant. I was referring to myself and only myself. My bad for that comment if it made you angry. I didn't mean a 'life' like that to begin with though.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Just because the show is aimed at kids doesn't mean it needs to be garbage. The first 8 seasons were for kids too, but the still were decent - acceptable.

That's because you were at the right age group when they came out. Really you're just a nostalgia *****(mind the language).

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • I think it's fine, though sometimes it does seem a little to optimistic at times.

Some sad girl they meet: " Well the Bidoof are losing habitat blah blah"
    Ash: "WELL WE'RE GONNA GO SAVE THE BIDOOF!"

I just prefered the first season cause of Misty's attitude.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Not what I meant. I was referring to myself and only myself. My bad for that comment if it made you angry. I didn't mean a 'life' like that to begin with though.

Nah, unless someone goes out of their way to make it personal, I don't get offended on teh interwebz. There wasn't any REAL reason to get offended by what you said... right?

Back