• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh my god

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Why do you care about the voice actors? It doesn't matter who's delivering the lines since they'll be the same in the dub no matter who is saying them.

Just because Natochenny says some cheesy, friendship line in the dub soesn't it won't be as cheesy and friendly because JYB says it.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Letting this switch to being about the VA's might be off-topic.. x.x but with the voices, it's opinion. A lot of people still miss the old VA's, while others are glad they're gone. Either way it's not the voice actors that write the script. There would be friendship speeches in it regardless of the who the voice cast was, or probably even regardless of who took over the series. For example, if FUNimation got it one day, they would likely stick to how to 4Kids and PUSA did things, thus keeping all the corny lines.

As for the quality of the actual episodes, yeah, I'm one of those people who aren't too fond of DP. Sure I watch the occasional episode, and I like it okay, but to me they aren't nearly as interesting as past series were. I think it's because I'm not too fond of Dawn, and/or I have no shipping that I'm into, while in past seasons I really liked Misty and May, and there were some cute shippings.

These days I find myself watching DP just to watch it, because it's Pokemon, rather than actually liking the characters. The exception is Shinji. He's an amusing reason to watch DP.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I don't have issues with the characters. I don't mind Dawn, but I do mind the voice acting and script writing. Why isn't 4kids doing it anymore?

I think you're the only person who exists who needs to ask that question, and needs an honest answer... When in any other scenario or any other person, the question would just be either sarcastic or facetious.

You probably got your answer already... But 4kids is HORRIBLE. Complete script changes? Rap theme music in everything they do? Simple food items into sandwiches and donuts?

I'm not sure what else there is to say. Also, 4kids went on a "business trip."

...Which is what 4kids replaces "death" with.

Years
  • I don't have issues with the characters. I don't mind Dawn, but I do mind the voice acting and script writing. Why isn't 4kids doing it anymore?

I'd laugh if they were sacked for their over-censoring, complete dialogue and script changes and their embarrassing mistakes like saying Arbok evolves into Seviper.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • The reason the anime is so crap now a days is because it originally was meant to only be the first season nothing more but now we have all other seasons to cover all regions brought out by the games.

Arcanemage

Arcanine at heart!
    Years
  • Just because the show is aimed at kids doesn't mean it needs to be garbage. The first 8 seasons were for kids too, but the still were decent - acceptable.

Exactly. Same problem with George Lucas, his movies are total garbage these days. Why can't Hollywood produce something decent anymore? (Maybe I have my nabob of negativity on because I'm listening to the great Beatles, and expect better.) Anyway, it was bad even before Cartoonetwork took over it 4kids just kind of went downhill once we lost our worldwide fanbase.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Exactly. Same problem with George Lucas, his movies are total garbage these days. Why can't Hollywood produce something decent anymore? (Maybe I have my nabob of negativity on because I'm listening to the great Beatles, and expect better.) Anyway, it was bad even before Cartoonetwork took over it 4kids just kind of went downhill once we lost our worldwide fanbase.

Cartoon Network didn't "take over" anything. They just air the show. They have zero creative input.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
  • The old seasons were better because Ash was just starting out and actually had an excuse to be an idiot. Now there isn't one because we've all seen him learn everything he needs to know but the writers feel it's necessary to completely wipe his and everybody else's brains at the beginning o every season.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Guns said:
    You honestly don't care how a characters voice sounds?

I never said that. I said that no matter who's voicing the lines would stay the same. Anyway, they've been voicing these characters for four-years. Four-years. If you haven't gotten used to them by now you never will.

Might as well watch the Japanese version. Where you'll get to hear friendship talk in Japanese. It'll be super kawaii!

Back