• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh no! Stranded on an island!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Another cliched thread, but...say one day, you had a ship and you were sailing, it was a rough storm, however, and your ship sunk, leaving you in the ocean. Fortunately, you find an island, so you swim there. But alas, you get stranded there. So now, you have to think: you need shelter, food, and maybe a way to ask for help, because the snacks at your backback weren't going to last long, but fortunately, this is a tropical island of sorts, so you see lots of trees that have an endless supply of fruits (just assume your never going to run out). You also have three pokemon with you, but, its too far for your pokemon to fly to civilization, nor teleport because you forgotten them at home. Anyways, which pokemon which three Pokemon would be with you? What roles would they play? Juuust... try to avoid teleporting or flying away with your pokemon because...lets try thinking more outside the box. ^^;

Last edited:
    Years
  • A Charmander to light a fire, a Squirtle to douse that fire and a Pikachu to thunderbolt both of them if they go crazy.

Yep! That will ensure that everything goes on smoothly. ^__^

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Jolteon for companionship and electric powers, that I can use for lighting fires and such.
    Tropius to ride on and for infinite bananas.
    Tabunne to look after me, haha.

Years
  • Tropius for fruit, and shelter (it's leaves)
    Miltank, for some sort of liquid :D.
    Musharna just in case if I have nightmares, and it's looks like a fluffy Pokemon so I could lay my head on it :)

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Blissey, since they are "are capable of laying eggs that are delicious and nutritious for humans and Pokémon."
    (source: bulbapedia)

Grotle, since it can grow berries. Too many eggs will give me high cholesterol!

Miltank, since it makes MooMoo Milk and can Surf.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Love how detailed your topics always are, Shawn. <3

I would go with Tropius, for bananas and since he can weather island storms. Quagsire, for infinite water, a diving buddy to help catch fish, and he can dig me a partial shelter. And Houndoom, for lighting fires and torches and for snuggling up to at night.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • Hmm,....

Conkeldurr: To build a shelter and strength incase of wild pokemon.

Seismitoad: To put out the fire, and scout for fish.

Rapidash: To make fire, and ride to scout the island.

Its a win here.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    You know, if I'd really bring a Pokemon I'd bring a flying type that can transport me away. But since you don't allow that, I'd rather not bring any Pokemon. I don't want them to suffer like me. I'm pretty sure there are resources on said island. I could use them to keep me sane.

Years
  • I would have Samurott for water and he would be a strong protector. He could also get food by swimming and get fruit with its horn. He could also cut food with his sword. I would have a Simisear for heat and for cooking food. He could also climb trees to get food. I would also have Leavanny to make blankets for us using leaves and it could watch over me and the other Pokemon. We would survive very well.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Persian: It can take the role of both water and electricity because it can learn both Thunderbolt and Water Pulse. And it can catch fishes in the ocean.

Metagross: Utilizing its four brains, to try to figure a way off this blasted island. And also its metal skin would provide protection if needed.

Typholsion: For cooking and heating purposes.

And why can't these topics ever be, "stranded in a shopping mall" or something like that?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Rhydon. OP's stipulations include no flying off, no swimming away, and no teleporting. no mention of digging away underground. :D

Of course, this path will take me through the superheated core of the earth, so I'll need a powerful water-type to keep me cool. Swampert seems to be the best option considering his ground affinity as well.

I'd also need another rock-type that could protect me from any magma flare-ups that we may encounter. Onix, despite his huge size, can serve this purpose by coiling around me, and perhaps be even more efficient at drilling than Rhydon when Rhydon get's tired or something.

Back