• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ok why is noone responding to my story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Mack Foxx

Veteran Trainer/Mad Scientist
    Years
    First off, this is the wrong place to post this.

Second, work around here tends to have to be high-end to get a lot reviewing, though you are likely to get feedback whatever the level of quality your story is, but it may take time. It may take months, especially if you're new to the fan-fiction community. You never know.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    You mean the story you posted less than a day ago? It takes time to get responses. Even I don't get reviews in the same day that I post something unless it's a brand-new story, and sometimes, not even then. Have patience.

In the meantime, I've glanced at your story, and I highly recommend you read this thread. A story that's only a paragraph long tends not to be a reassurance to the readers. As in, you'll catch more flies with a crapload more honey than a tiny little drop of it that doesn't seem to follow all the laws of being honey.

In simpler terms, if you have only one paragraph in your story (or chapter or whatever), and the reader can easily see that there's a lot of grammar errors, they'll be turned off by it, meaning they're less likely to read it because they think you didn't put effort into it. (And if you don't put effort into it, then they assume it's probably not going to have a well-developed plot.)

So, if you want more readers, clean up your fic.

I apologize for my tone, but yeah, you need a lot of patience if you really want to write.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I knew it. I knew it. I try to spend one day away, and the effin' forum goes to hell.

This is closed for being pure spam. And I'm not even going to comment on what actually is useless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back