• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Okami(den)

Years
  • Seeing how the Okami sequel Okamiden came out a few days ago in the US, I wanted to start a thread about this new game!

Although I'm a really big fan of Okami, I kinda missed that Okamiden is going to be released in Europe tomorrow. I would like to hear (from the people who have already played it), can it keep up with the original?

What do you like better, what do you find worse?

You don't necessarily need to talk about the DS sequel. You can also share, what you loved about the original Okami and so on^^

Please use spoiler tags for the new game!

Sorry, if there has been a thread like this before but I couldn't find any...

Last edited:

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • I love the new game! (although i haven't got it yet) it is going to be so cooooooool!... damn tomorrow is a long way and i don't have the money XC

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Chibiterasu is adorable but the game itself... so far, I'm not overly impressed. I'm not sure I'll continue with it. D: No real plot spoilers below but I'll sorta recap my first hour or two with the game.

Spoiler:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I didn't know it was released in the States already :O

Probably not going to buy it yet. I have such a backlog already. Damn school

For the best I guess. I can get feedback from friends once they're finished XD

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I plan on getting this game. This is the reason I have been saving all of my birthday/Christmas/Valentine's Day money: Okamiden. (That and Pokemon Black.)

Ever since I heard news of it, I've been looking forward to getting it. I loved the original Okami a heck of a lot. I hope Okamiden will be just as good. :3

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I was planning to get Okamiden on release day, but I tried the demo and hated it, and I've seen the different impressions and heard from people who've played it. I think I'll wait until it drops in price a bit. I absolutely adored Okami, but it just seems like they tried to shoehorn the game onto the DS and the end result just can't compare with the original. :/

Years
  • Since I have $32.07 in change I've collected since January, I'll be spending it all on that game.

I haven't played the demo, haven't bought Nintendo Power, looked at IGN, nada. I want to be surprised, and even if it does have some bad things in it, there has to be some good.

Though I did hear animal feeding is unskippable, which is surprising.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I knew that Okamiden was coming, thought about if I'd get it or not.
    Played the Demo and got the answer. Not gonna get it.
    Demo had boring tutorial with not much to do and you had to push L before you could draw. Why? DS has Touch Screen, there's no reason to press L and pause the game so you can draw.
    Battle was the best part but it was short and after that the Demo ended.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i just barely started okami its been on my to play list for a long time i just wish i played it sooner. i preordered and have okamiden and i love the preoder stuff gamestop was giving away. sooo kawaii.

Years
  • Thanks for your replies, everyone! :3

I'm always a little bit suspicious of sequels when the original was that good. In my opinion, the original Okami had pretty much no flaws so it's really hard to make a sequel that can live up to its expectations.

Chibiterasu is adorable but the game itself... so far, I'm not overly impressed. I'm not sure I'll continue with it. D: No real plot spoilers below but I'll sorta recap my first hour or two with the game.

Spoiler:

I played the demo and I get where you are coming from with the painting struggle. It takes so much longer than in the original! I find it really annoying that, after having painted something, you have to press the L/R button again.

You don't sound overly impressed with the whole game in general xD If you have continued playing, how is the game later on? I might wait for the price to drop as well or if the game is really that bad, I might not get it at all.

Years
  • Okay...I played the game for about 6 hours.

I don't find anything wrong, really. I mean, other than the fact there's no camera adjustment, and boss fights (THAT CATFISH) take longer than usual, look the Spider Queen took me 7 minutes. That Catfish took me 20. Either I suck, or the boss fights are getting unusually long.

But, I'm kind of pissed that there's no in battle camera adjustment at all. What the hell, that was the best part about Okami, even if the enemy was behind you could strike back. That's what drawed me into Okami.

But Okamiden is going great so far, though the humor is very, very stale. Only the Issun moments get me laughing.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah I haven't played any more since I wrote that post. (Been reading in my downtime instead of playing DS.)

But I noticed that about the humour. :/ I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to get better 'cause that was my favourite thing about the series after the graphics (and those are fine).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I was watching a video on the Nintendo Channel.

Painting looks like a real pain! Why didn't they just make the main gameplay be on the touch screen and have painting be live the whole time

Back