• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
    I ask fully expecting someone to whack me over the head with an answer I must be blind to miss, but...
    I beat Mahogany Gym, and I walked out and Professah-man Utsugi (I forget his English name...) called me and told me something about the Radio Tower (I wasn't reading too much into it, as I was thinking, "RADIO TOWER?! FINALLY." </idiot>) So I flew out to Goldenrod, and went to see the radio tower, and it was exactly the same as it was before.
    So, I tried a few things, looked it up on the internet, and ohhhhh, I was supposed to listen to the radio before rushing in to save the day. Silly me. Other than that it appears I'm on the right track.
    And then I try to listen to the radio, and it's just the same stuff that's always broadcasting. Maybe I have to wait a bit? Waited two minutes. Same regularly scheduled programming.

tl;dr, Just beat Mahogany Gym, got a call from Utsugi, but I've got nothing on the radio. D:

I've looked it up in three or four HG/SS walkthroughs, even some GSC sources, but everything points to "Team Rocket's on the radio! You're just a dunce!" >> Anyone know what broken bridge I have to fix?

You have to go to the underground in Goldenrod City and you'll see a rocket guy up by the camera stand thing who thinks you're a new recruit so he gives you a rocket uniform and you'll be able to save the day in the radio tower...

hope i've helped^^

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    You have to go to the underground in Goldenrod City and you'll see a rocket guy up by the camera stand thing who thinks you're a new recruit so he gives you a rocket uniform and you'll be able to save the day in the radio tower...

hope i've helped^^
    That was one of the first things I tried; there's still the guy down there who takes your picture in the Rocket uniform, but there aren't any actual Rocket grunts in the Underground.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2010
    Events

Okay i read they are giving shiny pichu and it says november 11th through jan 11th and i been going to the gift wifi thing is it for heart gold soul silver thats out right now.. and when will that event be for the Americans

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I can't help you on the Radio Tower issue, sorry :(

Okay i read they are giving shiny pichu and it says november 11th through jan 11th and i been going to the gift wifi thing is it for heart gold soul silver thats out right now.. and when will that event be for the Americans
    We don't know yet. It'll probably be announced when the games are actually out.

I've just defeated the last Gym leader in Johto and I've seen Elm and he gave me a Master Ball, now what?
    Go to Ecruteak and fight the Kimono Girls in the dance theater to get the Clear Bell. Then, you have to go face Lugia or Ho-Oh.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    How for along on the game do you have to go before you encounter the red gyrados?
    You can get it as early as before getting a 5th gym badge - that is if you go east from Ecruteak Town.
    IDK if that event is actually active right now? I've just heard they may do it soon, is all... they had the event before though (for the movies). I suppose there will be an event for the US with the shiny Pichu as well, but when nobody knows. (Also note this Pichu should activate a notched-ear Pichu event to occur ingame in HG/SS). Also next time use this Help thread please, merged your thread here. =P
    That was one of the first things I tried; there's still the guy down there who takes your picture in the Rocket uniform, but there aren't any actual Rocket grunts in the Underground.
    This seems odd... have there been any Rockets standing around the town at all beside the one or two outside the Radio Tower? I do recall you have to talk to the one inside who's blocking the way before going to the underground to get the rocket clothes, but if he's not there you've either didn't beat 7 gyms yet or haven't done something more minor yet, or something's wrong. =/
    I've just defeated the last Gym leader in Johto and I've seen Elm and he gave me a Master Ball, now what?
    Go to Ecruteak Town and beat the Kimono girls in the Dance Theatre. Then if you're playing HG, go to the Tin Tower and get to the top to get Ho-oh, and if you're playing SS, go to the Whirl Islands to find Lugia (north-east island from memory). Once you battle/get those Pokemon then head back to New Bark Town and surf East to continue on.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Well you only have 5 spaces so that kind of limits it. I named mine Grace in a different game but that's kind of unoriginal. I usually just name my Pokemon after people/pets that I know or use a shortened version of their English/Japanese name.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I wanted one that kind of relates to flying so that i can remember it by name.
    With five spaces it does pretty much limit your options of what you would wish to name your Pidgeot. Though, I do have a couple options for you that relate to "fly or flight."

If it is a female you have, then possibly Sora might seem fitting. It twists the word "soar" into something more feminine for it while still having a similar relation to fly. As for a male Pidgeot, then possibly Skye might catch your attention.

Just be creative with what you have really, and I'm sure you'll find a suitable name for it. ;)

Years
    If the game is anything like the pervious installments, all you'd have to do is walk to the basement of any Pokémon Center.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Not sure anyone needs this info, but the woman in Blackthorn who tells you how much EV your front Pokemon has accumulated says different things when your Pokemon has 506+ EV.

Link to blog here.

While it's a small addition, if the woman says 「けっこう~」, you've already gotten 508 EV, where you can stop EV training.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I dont realy need help... just its just a question out of curiosity.

I was looking though my pokemons symetry and i saw this golden leaf thingee with some japanese writing by it! Could someone tell me what this means? or why its there? is it bad?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Golden/Shiny Leaf.
    Collect 5 on 1 Pokemon, talk to Hibiki/Kotone, and receive a Golden/Shiny Crown!

Unlocking your first Crown will give your one star on your Trainer Card.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Where do you go after the first gym i got a call from some guy and i cant go to union cave

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back