• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old Man on Route 228

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
  • Could he possibly be Cyrus's Grandfather? He states that he is the Grandfather of a child who was into building machines. That child was from Sunyshore City.

Thus, if you dig for more evidence. If you go to the house next to the girl who gives you ribbons, there is an old couple. The old women there says a boy named Cryus who lived in Sunyshore once who perfered the company of machines and not humans.

Thus, my epic smartness put together that Cryus's Grandfather is the old man on Route 228. But why is he all the way in a sandstorm?

Also, who else in D/P/Pt could be Cryus's family? Just a few questions. :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Thus, my epic smartness put together that Cryus's Grandfather is the old man on Route 228. But why is he all the way in a sandstorm?

They really don't focus on the villains families in the game really. Maybe the old man likes to live in private, we can all want that once in our lives right?

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Of course he is Cyrus grandfather. That's there for you to get it. He almost says that.

xXI JOE IXx

He is the grandfather, but i dont know if there are any more family members.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • Could he possibly be Cyrus's Grandfather? He states that he is the Grandfather of a child who was into building machines. That child was from Sunyshore City.

Thus, if you dig for more evidence. If you go to the house next to the girl who gives you ribbons, there is an old couple. The old women there says a boy named Cryus who lived in Sunyshore once who perfered the company of machines and not humans.

Thus, my epic smartness put together that Cryus's Grandfather is the old man on Route 228. But why is he all the way in a sandstorm?

Yeah, the rest of that in 1pt font was unnecessary. Just the first line would have done perfectly. He practically outright says it in the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    figured out that he was grandpa after i talked to him. pretty obvious really

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • Who else has relatives? The only ones I can remember are Dawn's family, your mother and your rival's mother and father.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Flint's Buck's big brother isn't he??
    ... That'd be perfect if they were. I don't think they have a relation though =/
    I could be wrong though.

I always had the theory that Volkner was Lt.Surge's son for some reason. O.o
    I forget exactly what he said to make me believe that though ;~;

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    yep, i too feel he is his grandfather. other relatives..... better hunt for them in sunnyshore!
    could volkner be his bro? (dont know)

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • ... That'd be perfect if they were. I don't think they have a relation though =/
    I could be wrong though.

I always had the theory that Volkner was Lt.Surge's son for some reason. O.o
    I forget exactly what he said to make me believe that though ;~;

Well, how many characters in the game have bright red hair?

I doubt the Lt. Surge -> Volkner relationship.
    They just use the same type of Pokemon and have yellow hair.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The two Gym Leaders Roark and Byron have a relation. The storyline in the game shows you that Byron is Roark's dad, and Roark of course is his son.

It was kind of obvious that the Old Man on Route 228 was Cyrus's grandfather once you talk to him and a few people in Sunyshore City, but I thought that was a pretty neat add.

@ Mervyn797- I wouldn't think Volkner could actually be Cyrus's brother, or LT. Surge for that matter. Volkner and Cyrus don't look too much alike, and even though LT. Surge has yellow hair and is an electric type Gym Leader, they didn't really give any hints or direct information of any relation between the two each. If there were to be some kind of family relation, then I would think it might have been mentioned, but other than that I wouldn't expect it.

Dark Shaymin

Banned
    Years
  • Other Relatives: your forgetting that the Tower Tycoon is your friend's father. BTW, Ricky, you don't have "epic smartness". The fact that the old man was the grandfather of Cyrus was quite obvious.

Last edited:
    Back