• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Old Pokemon, New Evolutions. Which do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If you're avoiding looking at new confirmed Generation 5 Pokémon and want them to remain a secret, you'll want to avoid this spoiler :) . It's just something I've seen a lot of people say.

Spoiler:

I'd also like to see them make more use of 'gimmick' Pokémon by letting them evolve. Minun, Plusle, Volbeat, Illumise, Kecleon and Castform, I'm looking at you. All reletivly useless in battle and were seemingly just put in as a gimmick. All RSE too, oddly.

I'm not sure if Emonga would be an evolution of Pachirisu. Yes it's very similar with the cheeks and all, but it may as well be just the next "Pikachu" electric type. By this I mean every region so far has had its main electric type as well as its normal type (recall, zigzagoon, bidoof). So Emonga could be the region's main copy electric type pokémon. If it does happen to be an evolution of Pachirisu, I guess it just grew the ability to fly and gain the color of black and yellow. owo;

Farfetch'd deserves to have an evolution. I'd like to see what they can do with it if they decide to. There are a swarm of pokémon that get a lot of attention and the left out ones become more popular and more wanted. However, if Farfetch'd gets an evolution and becomes one of the swarm, I hope it doesn't turn around and become another less wanted pokémon.

ColdSoul

Cloyster will pwn you.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Sableye needs an evolution
    Completely agree. A youtuber doing a playthrough of FireRed Omega came up with a brilliant idea for a split evolution - level up holding a ruby, evolves into Rubeye; level up holding a sapphire, evolves into [insert clever play on names here]

Could do a type change related to the colour, too - sapphire turns it into water/ghost, ruby turns it into fire/ghost.
    Which ruins the "no weaknesses" aspect, mind. So.... D:

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The Farfetch'd are crying for evolution...
    How many generations they have waited!?

I'd personally want to see Dunsparce, Corsola, Sableye, Mawile, Pachirisu, Jynx, Luvdisc and some others too...

Years
    I'm waiting for a pre evo for tauros and lapras since the 3rd generation. I hope Black and White features them.

And a evolution of ditto will be cool 8)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Definitely an interesting idea.

As for me, an evolution of Scyther would be nice. Definitely want to see how badass its evolved for will look.

Scyther does have an evolution, it's Scizor...XD; It had to hold the metal coat and you have to trade it. Then afterward, it evolves into Scizor.

An evolution for Jynx would be nice. Magby and Elekid have two other evolutions and for Jynx to have a final evolution as well would be an interesting sight to see. I can't imagine it having more larger lips. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Any Pokemon that isn't a legendary? That's quite broad. o_O I somehow couldn't imagine all Pokemon with evolutions, just think of Pokemon like Unown, which aren't technically classified as legendaries, and then consider all the other possibilities, omg. D:

Chub 777

Golden User
    Years
    Any Pokemon that isn't a legendary? That's quite broad. o_O I somehow couldn't imagine all Pokemon with evolutions, just think of Pokemon like Unown, which aren't technically classified as legendaries, and then consider all the other possibilities, omg. D:

True. But I suppose some (Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, etc.) could just have branched evolutions.

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
    Years
    Epic, a Minotaurus! No seriously, I'd love to see...Hmm...Perhaps a Jynx evolution? I can think of it turning into some kind of tall nymph-like creature like Gardevoir, haha!

Or maybe an Absol evo/prevo? That would be epic.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
    I don't want another region like Sinnoh, which had a lot of pointless pre-evolutions such as Bedew, but for some reason I would like a Lickilicky pre-evo.

A epic Tropius evolution would be nice as well. =D

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Some Pokemon make urgently need a new evolution to actually be usable in competitive battling like Farfetchd, Delibird, and Luvdisk. A Pokemon I want an evo for is Skarmory, now that would be EPIC.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    As much as I hate to say it, I don't think we'll be getting any new evolutions.

Gen1-All original
    Gen2-New Evo's
    Gen3-All original
    Gen4-New Evo's
    Gen5-All original

(See what I mean?)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Gen 3 did have Pokemon from the past though and included Wynaut and Azurill as pre-evolutions. D:

I know it's not the same as actual evolutions, but to me it still counts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back