• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Old Pokemon, New Evolutions. Which do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    Im actually for a Tauros and Raichu evolution.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Im actually for a Tauros and Raichu evolution.

A Raichu evolution would really throw a spanner in the works... Imagine that! After 15-odd years of Pikachu staying the same as the series mascot, another evolution appears out of nowhere...

I have high hopes for evolutions of a lot of the Gen I and II single-stage Pokemon, like Jynx and Tauros, maybe even Kangaskhan. I wouldn't mind if some of them were actually sideways evolutions like Scyther --> Scizor though, if they changed the Pokemon's types.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I'd like there to be as many evolutions and prevolutions as possible for Pokémon that do not currently evolve, besides legendaries of course. Perhaps those Pokémon with lower stats that are neglected, but would see their usage pick up were they to be given evolutions. Girafarig and Lumineon spring to mind, but others as well such as Tauros and Jynx to be brought in line with Magmortar and Electivire.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Reposting what I said in the Unconfirmed thread... Interesting read... Not confirmed, in a sense, but pretty damn likely at this point.

Okay, I'll answer that. Kinda.

Mamanboo stays alone at both Isshu and National PokéDex. There is at least another Pokémon that could be related to an already known one but isn't.

My general guess is that Game Freak has re-done First Gen on purpose. As you pointed out, there are many Pokémon that seem newer versions of old Pokémon, like Poliwag, Machop or Zubat. Or at least perform the same functions.

The case of Mamanboo is just that it is way too similar to Luvdisc not to think they are in fact related. But as far as my data goes, they aren't. So, as far as I know, no single new Pokémon is related to a Gen I-IV Pokémon, no evolutions or pre-evolutions. As I don't have the games myself, I cannot tell if there is some kind of relation whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeos

The Mighty Xeos!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    I wanna see a different evolution line for Trapinch that can keep its high attack without having to go through Vibrava and losing most of its stats.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Delibird and Farfetch'd are in dire need of evolutions, and that fake pic posted a while ago was too good to be true...

I'll add that a Marowak evolution would be too beastly to handle, so epic.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
  • i think a kangaskhan pre evo -> joey in her pouch?
    dunsparce evo
    saybleye evo
    mawhile evo

mawhile was ok before so i wouldnt evolve it really. Kangashkhan needs a pre evo as does miltank. Tauros has toget an evolution. a giant centaur thing.
    personally, i would like a baby version of every pokemon. just a smaller version. no stat differences, just like, if they have full happiness they will sort of mini evolve into their adult form

UmbreonUniverse

ブラッキー
    Years
  • Lets see what would be nice too have... Well all that im looking at now is more Eevee evolutions and mabey a Absol Pre or after evolution, but I want them too leave all the other Pokemon just the way they are! <------Like that will happen... >_>

Years
  • I don't think Isshu is going to have any evolutions or prevolutions, kinda like Hoenn. (Although they had Wynaut and Azurill.) Anyway, very few and not pre-National dex. (If it even exists there... You're never sure.)

Hazeh

Pokemon Mastahhhhh~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    SNORLAX EVO OYEAH

jkjk. I don't want any new evos except -maybe- a new Eevee type (dragon would be really cool, flying is good too). No old Pokemon are supposed to appear in the game though so how a Gen I-IV evolution would show up is beyond me ;)

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm confused about how there could be any new members of old evolutionary families. Unless these new family members are all
    post-National (International?) Dex, which seems...odd? They WANT to show off these new Pokemon, so I don't think they're going to
    make a lot of them be available so late in the game that we don't see them. ):

That one heart-fish thing (Mamanboo?) is WAY too similar to Luvdisc. I'm kinda hoping they'll make them related in some weird way
    that won't let you see Luvdisc early on. =/

Well, the only originally special-based type Eeveelution we lack is dragon, right? This generation? Or the next, if they decide to continue? o=
    I don't really feel like anyone other than Eevee needs an evolution. (:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back