• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old Pokemon vs New Pokemon

Which is better?

• Old Pokemon

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • New Pokemon

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    I don't freaking care. There are Pokemon I love and can't stand from all generations, and I've been around since the beginning. I remember being excited to have 251 Pokemon. I was happy with just that. Now we're at 493, and yes, some have their flaws and are hideous and all that junk, but some are pretty good. I'm one of the few that actually likes Arceus. The concept is stupid, but I don't know...it's got a divinity to it that I like. I'll take Vespiquen over Beedrill. Why? Because Beedrill is scary looking. There's ups and downs to all generations, so I'm not even voting on the poll.

I think this sums up perfectly what I want to say.

I'd like to add that I don't understand why people say that the Pokémon of later generations are less original, or uninspired, when compared to those of earlier generations. Cases in point: Grimer and Voltorb. A pile of sludge and a ball.

Years
    I prefer the original as well, they aren't that weird... almost every single one I have seen of 4th gerenation is ugly or looked too much like a robot. Third generation had some good pokes, but some which look stupid (Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Spinda...). First and second generations are the best in my opinion =)

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I'm always going to like the old guys. But it's interesting to see the new ones.
    I think the 4th gen overdid it with legendaries.. and some pokemon were just awful.

I do like Probopass though (:

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    If only there was a choice that said, I like both old and new, I would've voted for that, but I actually liked the DPP series, so go new pokemon!

Although, I have to agree with the lame legedaries.... I mean come on! Rotom is not even worth being a legendary! Or is it even considered a legendary?!

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
    I selected the second option, even though I like the older Pokémon, too. Why does everyone seem to not like the 3rd and 4th Gen? Palkia, Piplup, and various other Generation 4 Pokémon are the reason I started to like Pokémon. Palkia was also good to teach Surf to. And my Palkia is almost always in my party. I started with the 4th Gen, so I like the 4th Gen Pokémon just as much as I do the previous ones.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    Pssh im really speaking my mind (i know some of you are just agreeing with the rest of the crowd) I love the 4th gen. Yup and 2nd gen. 1st gen i got a little bored of. 3rd gen shouldnt even exist ):<

Years
    Old pokemon FTW. I grew up with R/B/Y and G/S/C, I'll always love those pokemon the most.
    I have to agree here because that was really all I played back in the day. I started to lose interest after all the new Pokemon started showing up but I'll always remember how cool I thought the old Pokemon were lol

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    I like both.
    I'll admit though, when I saw some of the new ones when I got into Pokemon again (especially the D/P ones) ..I was like "WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE THINGS?!" Like ..they're running out of ideas and just randomly creating creatures. Which is fine, that's what they are ..but yeah. you get what I mean.

But I got used to most of them. And now I say I love the old and new Pokemon both.

Years
    Well... i voted for the old pokemons.
    But i got to admit that the new ones is not that bad also .... :)

thadarkcookie

jedi mind
    Years
    really i like both it hard to pick one yes now the leg are not really that rare but i do like that u can battle n trade all over the world it suck that it not like ex box live ur the sony thing when if u find them online u can just add them u can do that on anmial crossing but i dont think pokemon yes i do miss the old pokemon the most and it really bad ass that they are re-makeing g and s for the ds now i with they would re make yellow

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
    I love 2nd and 3rd gen (except slackoth family and smoochum) 4th gen was ok, and I hate most of 1st gen.....

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Actually every generation has its gems and so I don't think that I can classify which I like more. I like'em all!

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I like first and second generation. Those are best but third is 4th and at last 3rd generation.

First ones are good because those pokémon started whole pokémon thing and they are always them who looks like pokémon.

Second generation is best, because G/S/C are really good games and pokémon looks great.

Third generation has few stupid looking pokémon and R/S/E are worst pokémon games.

Fourth generation has more stupid looking pokémon than third (at first they was horrible because I spent two years without pokémon and then I tried Diamond, and when I saw a Bidoof, ARGGH!!! What a horrible pokémon! Is... that a pokémon!?) but games are good. I really like D/P/P too.

So, Old pokémon wins 10-0.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    mewtwo is the best legendary ever,
    squirtle is the coolest starter (appearance-wise; although treecko is a close second)
    nidoking is the most freaking awesomest pokemon design EVER!

GEN 1 F***TheWorld!

Back