• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ....rats. I'll have to research 5th gen RNG then, won't I?
    Or I could live in the past and RNG from the 4th Gen...

Yes, RNGing in gen V is a bit different from gen IV. I've tired to RNG for IVs in gen IV, but I find it much easier in gen V. However, it will take some time, practice and patient but if you have these and REALLY want to RNG for flawless shinies or whatever, I suggest you do. There's a lot of help guides and other stuff. =)

I think I gonna try again how to RNG for IVs in gen IV, because I still play there. And well, it's always fun to have something to do, you get so happy when you success! =D

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    We're doing okay, bro. How about you? ^^

Did you compete in the tournament that you mentioned to me a while ago? :)

Not yet. Tourny is 1 month away. I have to try for the last chance tourny before I can participate(I hope) in the VGC's. All of the other regionals are to far away from where I live.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Not yet. Tourny is 1 month away. I have to try for the last chance tourny before I can participate(I hope) in the VGC's. All of the other regionals are to far away from where I live.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes, I just wish I can join the tournies as well. But I'm way too busy with college. :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes, I just wish I can join the tournies as well. But I'm way too busy with college. :(

I am busy with work myself. But i have worked so much I have earned some payed time off so am going to use it for my tourny time.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I got two shinies from the GTS, A shelmet for a Deino level 10 and up, Graveler for a Gurdurr any, (which is now a Golem) The Golem is from Johto, it's in a masterball though, does it mean it's hacked or for some reason the guy just wanted to catch the level 22 graveler? Everything else seems legit though, what do you guys think?
    By the way I would check it on the 'check my pokemon' but I can't clone...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Gotta find me a shiny Solosis somehow. :( I visit the GTS all the time with hope, only to walk out with an empty Pokéball in hand. I am disappoint.
    I need a shiny squishy in a dive ball. :(

....Gosh, I really want to get back into trading.
    I'm going to go RNG me a collection of shinies!

...Oh, and a question, am I the only one who RNGs for shinies and then SR's for IV's?
    Because I just can't do it any other way..
    I need to get back into trading. x(
    I did that method for gen 4 on my first try. It's better than getting Lax Shiny with bad IVs. 8D

I got two shinies from the GTS, A shelmet for a Deino level 10 and up, Graveler for a Gurdurr any, (which is now a Golem) The Golem is from Johto, it's in a masterball though, does it mean it's hacked or for some reason the guy just wanted to catch the level 22 graveler? Everything else seems legit though, what do you guys think?
    By the way I would check it on the 'check my pokemon' but I can't clone...
    Don't be suspicious of a shiny if it is caught in a masterball. I've masterball'd shinies before. They're usually cloned items.
    Well it's not like I am backlogged in the checking thread... Just backlogged on coursework, haha. -sprinkles sugar on this thread-

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I need to get back into trading. x(
    I did that method for gen 4 on my first try. It's better than getting Lax Shiny with bad IVs. 8D

Yeah, I like your trade thread. Though mine what ka-boom after about... not even a dozen trades.

And I value shinies over IVs. I know that shininess does nothing in battle, but it looks cool. I lost my resource to easily check IV's upon hatching, so until I buy an AR I won't be trading nothing...

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Well, I finally managed to learn to RNG capture in Black so I did a bunch of stuff.
    These are the most notable ones:

494.png
    Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png

Victini
    Nature: Calm
    IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

First hex flawless RNG. Syncher didn't work, but calm isn't too bad of a nature (plus it's probably more unique this way).

607.png
    Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

Litwick ♀
    Nature: Bold
    IVs: 30/28/28/30/28/28

First shiny RNG capture. I just chose an easy frame and went with it. I wasn't too concerned with the IVs.

571.png
    Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

Lostlorn Zoroark ♀
    Nature: Timid

This was the first one that turned out exactly the way I wanted.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next? Like learn to breed?

Gou

Whine and Cheese
    Years
  • Proposed giveaway event! Need feedback!

I am considering a giveaway event for normal, non hacked pokemon that not many people seem to have.

UPDATE: Many thanks to Wild Zapdos for his contribution of minun and shinx! I encourage you to check out his trading thread!

So far I have:
    Vulpix
    Growlithe
    Eevee
    Zorua
    Houndour
    Charmander
    Snivy
    Chimchar
    Cyndaquil
    Plusle
    Minun
    Shinx

Proposed pokemon for giveaway (once obtained)
    Electrike

Let me know with any questions! I will open the thread when I obtain a few more of my wants

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Well, I finally managed to learn to RNG capture in Black so I did a bunch of stuff.
    These are the most notable ones:

494.png
    Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png

Victini
    Nature: Calm

First hex flawless RNG. Syncher didn't work, but calm isn't too bad of a nature (plus it's probably more unique this way).

607.png
    Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

Litwick ♀
    Nature: Bold
    IVs: 30/28/28/30/28/28

First shiny RNG capture. I just chose an easy frame and went with it. I wasn't too concerned with the IVs.

571.png
    Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

Lostlorn Zoroark ♀

This was the first one that turned out exactly the way I wanted.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next? Like learn to breed?

those are some nice breeds, even though you said you couldn't breed
    Maybe do a Petilil or Lillipup?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    This might be an off-topic post, but..... what are the rules about making a giveaway on here in the trade corner?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I am considering a giveaway event for normal, non hacked pokemon that not many people seem to have.

UPDATE: Many thanks to Wild Zapdos for his contribution of minun and shinx! I encourage you to check out his trading thread!

So far I have:
    Vulpix
    Growlithe
    Eevee
    Zorua
    Houndour
    Charmander
    Snivy
    Chimchar
    Cyndaquil
    Plusle
    Minun
    Shinx

Proposed pokemon for giveaway (once obtained)
    Electrike

Let me know with any questions! I will open the thread when I obtain a few more of my wants
    This will help the casual gen 5 players. I don't even have some of these in gen 5 yet, lol. ^^

those are some nice breeds, even though you said you couldn't breed
    Maybe do a Petilil or Lillipup?
    They're captured, not bred. :(
    And they're hot. ^^

This might be an off-topic post, but..... what are the rules about making a giveaway on here in the trade corner?

Regarding giveaways...
    - Unless you have explicit permission from the Pokémon's owner, do not give away another person's Pokémon.
    - Please do not have "guess a number" or "guess my favorite Pokémon" games, as they tend to generate spam.
    - You may give away Pokémon within your Trade Thread. If you want to create a separate Giveaway Thread with 10+ freebies, please temporarily close your old shop. We love you, but you really don't need you twice on the first page. :)

i.e. Give away your own (or authorized) Pokemon, no spam-games, and either have a 10+ giveaway thread or a 1+ giveaway within your trade shop.

The spam-game rule is open to moderator interpretation! If a moderator believes that your giveaway trivia is generating more spam than actual Pokemon trading, he or she will be inclined to lock your giveaway. A majority of the giveaway thread's posts should not be something like, "I think the answer is ___ Ohh I'm wrong sorry I'll try again next round :)." They should only post if they know the answer and supply their friend code to be more on topic.

This is a WiFi Pokemon trading forum at its core. Let there be WiFi Pokemon trading, not battling/ebay/trivia.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    This will help the casual gen 5 players. I don't even have some of these in gen 5 yet, lol. ^^

They're captured, not bred. :(
    And they're hot. ^^

Regarding giveaways...
    - Unless you have explicit permission from the Pokémon's owner, do not give away another person's Pokémon.
    - Please do not have "guess a number" or "guess my favorite Pokémon" games, as they tend to generate spam.
    - You may give away Pokémon within your Trade Thread. If you want to create a separate Giveaway Thread with 10+ freebies, please temporarily close your old shop. We love you, but you really don't need you twice on the first page. :)

i.e. Give away your own (or authorized) Pokemon, no spam-games, and either have a 10+ giveaway thread or a 1+ giveaway within your trade shop.

The spam-game rule is open to moderator interpretation! If a moderator believes that your giveaway trivia is generating more spam than actual Pokemon trading, he or she will be inclined to lock your giveaway. A majority of the giveaway thread's posts should not be something like, "I think the answer is ___ Ohh I'm wrong sorry I'll try again next round :)." They should only post if they know the answer and supply their friend code to be more on topic.

This is a WiFi Pokemon trading forum at its core. Let there be WiFi Pokemon trading, not battling/ebay/trivia.

Thanks, I was actually planning to giveaway my own pokemon.

Thanks, Twilightblade.

Years
  • With the ease of Standard Seeds, it should be easy enough to teach yourself with bearsfan092's video tutorial.

Only took me all of yesterday and most of this morning (because shenanigans), but I finally made these:

Spr_5b_420_s.png

Cherubi ♀ ★
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
    Moves: Nature Power, Seed Bomb, Tickle, Absorb

Spr_5b_037.png

Vulpix
    Ability: Drought
    IVs: 31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 30 (Hidden Power Fighting)
    Moves: Ember​

Why doesn't RNG reporter's Time Finder have a regular Breeding (BW) option? Maybe I don't want shinies for once. They have the functionality for 5th gen shinies and 4th gen eggs. Why not the 5th gen ones? /complaining

Last edited:

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011

I'M SORTA BACK YOU GUYS<3

Idk, I haven't really played BW in a long time, and I wanna learn the Non C-Gear abuse Blade promised to teach me, but I have a Mac now, and my PC is dead. So I have no idea if that will even work. Plus I lack a lot of the things you need for it. ugh.

Detox

So whats cool to breed since I am bored and feel like it now. (plus I finally found my DS fat)

I was thinking some old or UU junk idk?

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • Hey nice you meet you all ^.^

I'm so tired of waiting for my 24 hrs to be up so I can transfer my Emerald Pokemon to my Diamond game >.< I really hate how it's 24 hrs and not once a day. Same thing with GL, its so stupid! Especially since they make Tuesday maintenance end so late, every day I go on it pushes my 24 hrs back and I have to stay up later and later ;.;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back