• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    @ditto's role: Ditto needs to hold an Everstone if it is going to pass down the nature. Do not use power items at all.

@guide: Lol it's something important on my to-do list. :(

@calibration: I said have the egg ready before calibration. Omega says have the egg ready after calibration. tbh there are 2 opportunities to calibrate. bummer right ?

Here's rng standard abuse for shiny eggs in a nutshell, hope it helps solve your question ?

What you need:
    A Chatot with a recorded Chatter.
    Everstone
    Good daycare parents w/ desirable nature

What you cannot use:
    AR
    Flashcart
    Dsi/DSiXL/sDS

1: "Calibrate" first in Victory Road and find DS Parameters, average Timer0 value, and Actual Second (all demonstrated and explained in other videos).

2: Enter DS Parameters and find 5th gen shiny egg spreads in RNG Reporter.

3: Gather good (preferably flawless) daycare parents. Either male or female parent can hold an Everstone to have a 50% chance of passing down a desirable nature. Do NOT use any power items.

4: Deposit parents into daycare. Bike around until the daycare parents generate an egg. Withdraw the Chatot knowing Chatter into your party. Teach Chatot any recorded sound via your microphone. Save in front of old man with a party of 5 Pokemon or less (enough to pick up the egg). Power off the DS.

5: Do the steps bearsfan is describing at 2:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSonSZQFQK8 so RNG Reporter will predict the Initial PIDRNG Frame. This prediction is right 90% of the time.

6: Subtract the Shiny Frame Number from the Starting Frame number. This is how many Chatter advancements you must do.

7: Boot up the DS. Use DS clock to hit the target time RNG Reporter says (do keypresses if RNG Reporter tells you to).

8: Once you load the game (do not launch C-Gear), immediately press X to pause and open your party. Do the number of Chatter advancements required. Exit menu and immediately collect the egg. You don't want the offscreen trainers walking around and advancing the PID frame.

9: Slow hatch it (do NOT save and do NOT pop in the fast hatch code!). Bring the hatched baby to the IV Judge in Gear Station in Nimbasa. If the baby is not "outstanding" with flawless IVs in the desired traits, reset and try again. If the baby is outstanding with flawless IVs but not shiny, note the nature and match it up (what bearsfan details at 8:40).

Bearsfan goes into detail about how to make up for the 10% chance the PID is off. This can be said to be another "calibration" phase (the one I am referring to) as you have to adjust by a few increments to find the Shifted Starting Frame or otherwise, you may never get that shiny egg.

TwilightBlade

Years
    Silly Dsi/XL/3DS users only have the c-gear method available to them. I honestly forgot how to do it.. It's more difficult than non c-gear (standard seed abuse) method. Go buy a garbage DS brick. :P

Another breeding guide for shiny eggs, non c-gear abuse, if you haven't read it before: Gen V RNG Breeding Guide

The only problem with these guides is that they don't use the newest RNG Reporter version so there may be some differences, iirc.

edit: Of course we do have a trade corner chatroom where you could get your butt on, join, and ask for real-time rng help ? -_-

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    I really need help with RNG a shiny egg. The thing I want to breed a shiny flawless weedle but everytime I reset to do the seed, the outcome will always be:
    1) wrong nature, wrong IVs, not shiny
    2) wrong nature, flawless, not shiny
    3) right nature, flawless, not shiny

TwilightBlade

Years
    That's still good progress. :P

If you are hatching a flawless baby missing the shininess, that means the wandering offscreen trainers are secretly advancing the PID RNG (controls shininiess) Frame. Shame you can't rebattle the trainers and unleash your level 100 Arceus on them, huh ?

1) wrong nature, wrong IVs, not shiny
    Reset and try again. It's only a Weedle so it should only take a few minutes to hatch. If you're hatching something like Larvesta with base 10,000 steps, there is a shortcut to determine whether or not the baby is flawless.

2) wrong nature, flawless, not shiny
    3) right nature, flawless, not shiny
    Good, but not quite the right PID. You'll have to pull up a table of the natures after your intended target. You are most likely 1-5 PID frames too far ahead of the shiny.

Here's what you do:

Change Method to Breeding (BW) Method (or International if applicable to you).
    Calculate the Starting Frame again.
    Copy Paste Seed into Seed (Hex).
    Uncheck the shiny box. Click Generate.

Examine the Natures of your generated table. You should have landed maybe 1-5 frames after your Target PIDRNG Frame.
    If you hatch a Pokemon wrong nature, just match it on the table. If you hatch a Pokemon with the Everstone nature, you may have trouble matching it. Just do 1 less Chatter the next time until you happen to land on a wrong nature.
    For example, I hatched a Bashful Pokemon, which happens to be on Frame 57. I am trying to hit Frame 53. 57-53=4. I need to do 4 less Chatter advancements in order to get that Calm Shiny Pokemon. On my next attempt, I will do 0 Chatter advancements.
    This time, I successfully hatched a shiny Calm Pokemon.

In other words, if you got a "wrong nature, flawless, not shiny", you are very close to your shiny! Just do some math and figure out how far off in the Chatter advancements you were. o.0

Do NOT resave and do NOT keep the wrongegg+save. This is pointless. You'll change where the wandering trainers (i.e. NPCs) are turning/walking, thus throwing off the math again. Just soft reset if it is not shiny.

Of course, in my example, if my target is 53 and I consistently hatched a Jolly (Frame 59) egg, I would have to resave to change the position of the NPCs. They're messing up my PID by too many frames, or I just stink at button mashing to collect the egg. -_-

johnny18

Years
    Thanks TwilightBlade and I just notice what I miss: I forgot about the capture tab plus check the released roamer box.

EDIT: The more I try to RNG the more I messed up with the egg now it does not even give me a flawless adamant anymore. It always comes up with a different nature and is not flawless + not shiny T_T

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Hello again everyone. :)

I'm thinking of going back in playing Pokemon since I still have my DS, Platinum, SS, and White. How's the competitive battling scene so far? It's sad that the DSi and above still cannot be used to Standard Seed abuse. D:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Hello again everyone. :)

I'm thinking of going back in playing Pokemon since I still have my DS, Platinum, SS, and White. How's the competitive battling scene so far? It's sad that the DSi and above still cannot be used to Standard Seed abuse. D:

Competitive battling for 5th Generation is going quite nicely. Although a lot of people are raging and such over new things. I'd go read the CBC stuff for that. :) Yes please do! This forum needs more good traders.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
    Hey TwilightBlade told me to post this here XD

I've just RNG'ed my first pokemon and here it is

Virizon
    Timid|Justified
    IVs: 31/31/30/31/30/30 (HP Rock)

Perriechu

Years
    Should be Hp Fire. ;o; BUT WHO CARES YOU CAN RNG NOW. My first was Cobalion. :33

TwilightBlade

Years
    HP Fire wut? Smogon analysis suggests HP Ice, but that's overdone in the trading realm.

Congrats on the amazing Virizion + RNG powers!

Others still struggling can always ask for live assistance or trade in our live chatroom if you download Pokemon Online and join the Pokecommunity server (Advanced Connection: 74.102.89.161:5080). I'm there now. x)

Perriechu

Years
    HP Fire wut? Smogon analysis suggests HP Ice, but that's overdone in the trading realm.

Congrats on the amazing Virizion + RNG powers!

Others still struggling can always ask for live assistance or trade in our live chatroom if you download Pokemon Online and join the Pokecommunity server (Advanced Connection: 74.102.89.161:5080). I'm there now. x)

I meant Hp Ice. ):

Advertising, blade? ;] Use that "x)" again and I will hurt you.

johnny18

Years
    I need help with RNG
    I did exactly what TwilightBlade shows me in here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6624291&postcount=72
    and I am getting nowhere.
    I ask someone else and that person said that I have to find the starting frame myself since the calculate initial PIDRNG frame could be wrong. I did and each time, the nature always different T-T. I do not know what should I do now.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    It's good to see a few first time RNG abusers!

So now that I have a little free time, I might try to RNG that Celebi Wondercard that's been sitting in my HG cart since like February.
    What natures should I go for and what Hidden Power should it have? I'm thinking HP fire, but I'd like a little input on this.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I need help with RNG
    I did exactly what TwilightBlade shows me in here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6624291&postcount=72
    and I am getting nowhere.
    I ask someone else and that person said that I have to find the starting frame myself since the calculate initial PIDRNG frame could be wrong. I did and each time, the nature always different T-T. I do not know what should I do now.

There could be two different reasons why the nature keeps shifting. 1, your timer0 keeps shifting. If this is the cause there's nothing you can do to stop it. 2, the wandering npcs are moving quicker than you are. You move faster than them if that's the case.

johnny18

Years
    Thanks to Mercyful Fate and TwilightBlade, I manage to get my "Knight in Shiny Armor" XD

Adamant l NN: Excalibur
    31/31/31/31/31/31

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back