• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [OLD] X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hey add me guys :)
    I wanna be friend with you, not with the safari's pokémon :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Currently have no friends added, so get adding me please! Friend code is: 2036-6506-8008!

Cheers! Pm with your friend codes and i'll add you back!

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • Hey re-requesting safari codes, currently after pinsir safari, squirtle or bulbasaur evolutions and dratini evolutions, if none of the above add me regardless wat u have, I have fighting but still not sure which 3!

FC:3883-5489-3902

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    Looking for someone with ditto, tyrogue and chespin safari but everyone can add me, just pm me afterwards so i can add you.
    Also, if someone who has added me can let me know what safari type and pokemon i have, that'd be great :P

FC: 5472-7471-7492

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I'm bumping my FC code as well, it's 3625-8591-5063. It's a rock type safari that contains dwibble and Magcargo (I'm still not sure what's the third)
    BTW, I'm searching for someone who has Chansey's in their safari's, please PM me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    Hey guys I'm somewhat new to breeding and such, but Im looking for a Ditto safari. I will accept anyone, though. I have a ghost safari and my fc is 3437-3053-8531.

with the way the new friend safari works you don't need dittos unless you're going to breed genderless pokemon.
    Here's a guide i pulled from another forum thread (not from this site) Enjoy!

Breeding the Perfect Pokemans, Ditto Free Edition

---Or---

Shut the hell up about goddamn dittos, god damn.

Ditto has been replaced by the friend Safari. Any pokemon which has a gender and appears in friend safari, it's better to not use dittos for it at any point.

If something has a gender and doesn't appear in the friend safari, it's still probably better not to use a ditto--just get a male from the same species up to 5 perfect IVs (probably from a different breeding project) and use that to inject genes into your pokemans.

If something doesn't have a gender but is still worth breeding (Metagross, Rotom, you know) then... well, I guess you can join the screaming mass of the ditto poor. I'd still suggest breeding gendered perfect pokemon, and then trading THOSE with whoever has that perfect Porygon. You'll both be richer.

What I'm too lazy to tell you

Where the pokemon nursery is, what egg groups are, how much the bicycle helps, how to breed ungendered pokemon, how to find out what a pokemon's egg moves are.

The answer is to look it up on serebii.net

Inheritance
    Why we are Here

Pokemon pass certain traits on to their children.

New pokemon have the species of their mother.

New pokemon have the moves that their father have, assuming they can learn those moves. Most pokemon can ONLY learn certain moves from their father, and these are referred to as egg moves. If a pokemon doesn't have them at birth, it will never learn them.

New pokemon are extremely likely to have the Ability of the pokemon that determines their species. This is the mother.

New pokemon have three IVs inherited from their parents, and three IVs generated randomly. Which IVs are inherited is random, as is which parent each inherited IV comes from. A newborn pokemon could have the HP, Att, and Spd IVs of its mother, or the SpA and Spd of its father and the HP of its mother, or any other combination of three stats inherited from two parents. The odds of getting a specific three stats from a specific parent (Say, if you have a father with perfect Att, Def, and Spd, and a mother with no stats you want) is (1/2)(2/5)(1/4)(1/2)(1/2)(1/2), or one in one hundred and sixty. Ouch!

Yes, this means half of a pokemon's genetic code is randomly determined each generation. For a game ostensibly about evolution, it sure ignores the work of Mendel.

If one of the parents is holding a Destiny Knot, the new pokemon inherits five IVs from its parents instead of three. Which parent each stat comes from is still random, and stats are not more likely to come from the parent with the knot than the parent without. The sixth stat is random. This is a new mechanic to X and Y, and why breeding has changed from 'something crazy people do' to entry-level for any weirdo who wants optimized pokemon.

New pokemon have a random nature, unless one parent is holding an everstone. Then the new pokemon inherits the nature of the parent holding an everstone. If both parents are holding an everstone, the child will inherit the nature of a random parent.

New pokemon have the same pokeball as their mother. Try to catch the grand matron of your evolutionary line in an aesthetically pleasing pokeball--or a luxury ball, if they evolve through happiness.

What are IVs?
    (And why does everyone have a boner over them?)

IV stands for Individual Values, and is the variance of an individual pokemon's stats. There are six, one for each stat, and they range from 0 to 31. At level 100 a 31 in an IV is +62 to that stat. Instead of boring you with the formula, let's bottomline it for you: A pokemon's IV is added to its base stats. A Haunter with max IVs will have base stats of 76, 81, 76, 146, 86, and 126. A Gengar with minimum IVs will have base stats of 60, 65, 60, 130, 71, and 110.

This means having high IVs is more powerful and important than being fully evolved is.

You can talk to a man in the Kiloude City's Pokecenter to find out the highest IV a pokemon has. If several stats are tied, he lists them all. And if he says a stat 'can't be beat' that means it's the highest possible value, 31. This is how people find out what stats they have maximized.

I have a pokemon with all six IVs between 25 and 30! That's really, really good, right?

Sure, if you're trying to beat the elite four. If you're trying to use eugenics to create perfect pokemon, it's useless.

See, either a baby's stat is inherited directly from it's parent, or it's generated completely randomly. Since the purpose of this exercise is to create ideal pokemon with five out of the six stats at an IV of 31, a parent which possesses no 31 IVs brings us no closer to that goal.

I'm sure it's a very nice Salamence and you're very proud of it.

Perfect IVs in the wild
    to two significant figures

A given random pokemon will have:

No perfect IVs 83% of the time.
    One perfect IV 16% of the time.
    Two perfect IVs 1.3% of the time.
    Three perfect IVs 0.055% of the time.
    Four perfect IVs 0.0015% of the time.
    Five perfect IVs 0.0000075% of the time.
    Six perfect IVs 0.0000000083% of the time.

This way lies madness, even getting enough genetic material to get started takes friggin' forever. We had to do this in the bad old days of Black and White. But now we have Friend Safaris.

A given random pokemon encountered in the Friend Safari will have:

Two perfect IVs 88% of the time.
    Three perfect IVs 11% of the time.
    Four perfect IVs 0.6% of the time.
    Five perfect IVs 0.0089% of the time.
    Six perfect IVs 0.0000095% of the time.

Friend Safaris!

serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

Friend safaris make breeding tournament quality pokemon so good, I would recommend never bothering without them. You CAN, sure. Some people even do! They are crazy people.

In Kiloude City (postgame!) there's the Friend Safari, which lets you go on a different safari for each person on your friend list. Each safari will contain two pokemon--three if the player on your friend list has beaten the Elite Four and become champion. No matter what, it's the building's backyard, and the pokemon in it are probably dumped out of a box out the back window. Who cares! Besides being a reliable source of three level thirty pokemon, it has two special traits.

Any pokemon caught in a friend safari will have two IVs raised to 31. Two of the six stats at maximum is a rocket boost to breeding programs, and makes getting five IVs not all that hard.

If both you and your friend are online at the same time, each pokemon encountered in a friend safari has a substantial chance to have its hidden ability. These can be amazing---Whirlipede's Speed Boost, Abra's Magic Guard, Frogadier's Protean, or Gyrados's Moxie. Others can be pretty bad, like Audino's Klutz or Metang's Light Metal.

There is evidence to suggest if your friend hasn't beaten the elite four their pokemon won't have a chance to get thie hidden ability. That evidence is the roughly 120 abras dirtyCajun snagged out of Baron Snow's friend Safari. I got 10 myself, so.

Dittos show up in one out of four normal friend safaris. They're still pretty useful for breeding optimal pokemon who don't show up in friend safaris, I guess.

Synchronize!

Synchronize is the best way to get pokemon of a specific nature. If a pokemon with synchronize is in the first slot of your party, most of the pokemon you encounter will have the same nature as your synchronizing pokemon. So a jolly Abra leading your party means most of the pokemon you meet (and catch) will be jolly.

dirtyCajun has a lot of synchronizing abra.

Other Useful Geegaws

A pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor will warm eggs, causing them to hatch faster.

The Egg Hatching O-Power is available to a trainer who has all sixteen other O-Powers and maximum stylishness in Paris Luminose City. Once the megastone for sale in the stone store drops to 50,000, you can get the egg hatching power in Cafe Introversion.

Fletchinder have the Flame Body trait, which speeds egg hatching, and can learn fly, so you can quickly travel between the pokemon nursery and Kiloude city, where the IV evaluator hangs out.

Why five perfect IVs? Why not six?

Pokemon can only inherit five IVs from their parents. This means the sixth IV will always be generated randomly.

This doesn't mean it's impossible for a pokemon to have six perfect IVs, it just means it's a big stupid time sink. If two parents have the same five IVs perfect, the odds of their child having six perfect is (1/6), the chance of not inheriting the trash stat, times (1/32), the odds of the trash stat randomly being 31, plus (5/6), the odds of them not inheriting a good stat, times (1/32)2, the odds of two stats randomly being 31.

(1/6)(1/32)+(5/6)(1/32)(1/32) = 0.6%

At one parent at 5 IVs and one at 6 IVs, the odds balloon to

(1/6)(1/32)+(5/6)(1/2)(1/32)(1/32)+(5/6)(1/2)(1/32) = 1.9%

And if both parents have 6 IVs in all six stats, the odds are

(1/32) = 3.1%

So that's a lot of breeding to improve your chances of getting all six IVs from bad to bad.

Some people are proud of having gone through this to get a pair of parents that generate nothing but 5 IV children... but they are honestly not an improvement. Two abra with max HP, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe will generate a child like them 1 time in 6. Two abra with all six stats at max will generate a child with the correct five IVs.... again, one time in six. Five times in six their child will have the same four random stats the child of the two 5 IV parents would have, but a higher attack... and attack is pretty useless for an abra. So while you're generating higher statted children, you're not generating BETTER children.

Having double perfect parents can be useful if a pokemon uses all six stats, like an eevee does, I guess? But then you'll probably want a variety of natures too, which means ditching the everstone, and next thing you know you've got three hundred of them looking for homes. Too much work for me, thanks.

Putting it All Together

I decided I wanted a scolipede, a giant venomous centipede, with two egg moves--Spikes and Toxic Spikes. It should have the perfect stats in everything except useless for it Special Attack, the Adamant nature, the hidden ability Speed Boost, and it should be in a classy Netball, because Netballs look neat.

First, I set up the egg moves. I caught a couple of kakuna, and got a female pineco off of GTS. Fortunately, I got an adamant male Kakuna, so I leveled it up to a beedrill, taught it toxic spikes, and gave it an everstone. I bred the beedrill with the pineco, and hatched a bunch of eggs to get a male pineco. Because of its father, it had Toxic Spikes and an Adamant nature. Then I leveled up the pineco until it learned Spikes.

The next step was to catch a bunch of Whirlipedes from a Friend Safari, while it's player was online. I got twelve and named them. Most of them had two IVs at maximum value, but one (Adelais) had three stats at maximum. Score! Most of them had speed boost, but a few didn't. Because I like netballs, I used netballs exclusively.

Then it was just a matter of making more valuable poison centipede monsters. I bred Adelais (Max HP, SDe, and Spd) with Ebba (female Speed Booster Att, Def) and gave one of them the destiny knot. Any given child has a (1/192) chance of getting all five IVs, which wasn't likely, but I hatched ten and one of them, Duodocent, had four... Att, Def, SpD, and Speed. Because she was female and males don't pass on their hidden abilities, I wouldn't have used her if she didn't have Speed Boost. Hooray, she did! Time to make her a mate.

Next, I bred Chloe (Att, Def) with the Adamant pinecone. She held the destiny knot, the pinecone held the everstone. I hatched children until I got a male with max Att and Def, as well as the Spikes and Toxic Spikes. (Any given child had a one in twelve chance of filling these criteria... half male, two thirds won't inherit a stat that isn't att or def, and one fourth will inherit both att and def from mother) Because one of them had a destiny knot, any children born inherited five stats, not three, so the odds of inheriting both att and def are much higher. I bred the new baby with Cassandra, a female with Speed Boost, HP, and Att to get an adamant male with HP, Att, and Def, as well as both spike moves named Iona.

Remember to keep moving that everstone and that destiny knot as you work. You'll probably be throwing away / wondertrading a LOT of pokemon, and this is a fun way to lose your destiny knot.

After that it was all downhill. Duodocent (Att, Def, SpD, and Spd female with speed boost) was the mother holding the destiny knot. Iona (HP, Att, Def male with Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Adamant) was the mother holding the everstone. Hatch a bunch of kids, look for a female with 5 perfect IVs or a male with 4 perfect IVs. If I get one, replace the pokemon in the nursery and repeat. If I don't, hatch a bunch more. I think I hatched thirty or so 'mon over the course of the project--not all that bad, considering. And at the end I had Metodota, a female with all five stats, and Stork, a male with all five stats, ready to start farting out dozens of children.

Any child of two parent pokemon with the same five IVs at maximum have a 1/6 chance of having five perfect IVs, a 5/6 chance of having four perfect IVs, and implausible but possible I guess roughly 1/192 chance of six perfect IVs. And of course they'll have the nature of the 'mon holding the everstone, the moves of the father, and probably have the ability of the mother. Informally, these two tiers of IV are referred to as 'perfect' pokemon and 'imperfect' pokemon. Which is some gloriously smug **** if I've ever heard it.

Then you go to the trading thread and turn your twelve perfect pokemon of the same species into twelve perfect pokemon of twelve different species. Did you know people will trade a perfect dratini for a perfect venomous bug? It's a goddamn christmas miracle! I've still got to get one of those perfect Klefki.

What about EVs?

Who cares, ask someone else.

What are dittos good for?

If you win the ditto lottery and get a ditto with four IVs, and you start a breeding program in an egg group you don't already have a 5 IV father in, I guess a IV Ditto can be pretty useful.

Also dittos are important in breeding genderless pokemon.

But don't let your lack of dittos stop you from creating a perfect Fletchling and winning tournaments with it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Hi, I'm looking for some friends, PM me if you added me =)

My FC: 3110 - 4797 - 0564
    Pokemon Y Safari : Ground

I'm looking for Sneasel Safari, if anyone have it, please let me know. Thanks

ZRTAssassin

Shiny Hunting
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    My FC: 0447 6454 2490
    Pokemon Safari is unknown right now, if someone could let me know, that'd be great. Just pm me when you ad me

Evangel

Dominant
    Years
  • Time to join the collective masses...

Nah jk, but I would be much appreciative if I could get some people on my friends list.
    FC: 4055-3399-1351
    Safari: I have absolutely no clue currently :/
    just plz pm beforehand...or something bad may happen .___.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • Looking for someone with one of the following pokemon in their FS:
    Mawile
    Ditto
    Fletchinder
    Frogadier

I have dittos in mine, so please message me if you have one of the above!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    Does anyone have an Espurr in their safari zone? I really need an espurr safari :(

Sparkle_Dog

Pkmn Breeder & Berry Farmer
    Years
  • I'm looking for a safari that has Clefairy/Clefable or Lunatones in it (I'm item hunting for moonstones). If you have either pokemon in your safari, I would be super grateful if you could add me. (Even if for just a day--let me get my item hunting out of my system, then you may delete me.) I have a water safari with protean Frogadier, Quagsire, and Panpour.

Thanks in advance, guys! :)

FC: 0748-2442-6442

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    0387-9194-1267 is my FC. Please Pm me your code if your going to add me. I need lots of code. Thank you :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Hey guys, here is my friend code. 4356-0473-5680
    Send me a message when you add me with your friend code and Ill add you as soon as I can.

Also, I believe my safari type is Psychic, the Pokemon inside are: Drowzee, Girafarig and Wobbuffet (at least that's what I've been told)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back