• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Olive Green ROM Hack Request (Adding Features Like New Field Effects, Lowered Shiny Odds; etc. (Also Looking For Dedicated People!)) 😉

GalladedOlive

Former Pokémon ROM Hacker/Video Editor
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    Olive Green ROM Hack Request (Adding Features Like New Field Effects, Lowered Shiny Odds; etc. (Also Looking For Dedicated People!)) 😉
    Hello to the Community!

My name is PokéMerch, but people call me Olive. I'm a Gamer who likes Minecraft, Pokémon, Tomodachi Life, Smash Bros., & I'm starting to get into Zelda a bit. My favorite color is Olive Green, as expected, & I like to edit videos. Today, I wanna talk about something, tho.

I'm working on a Pokémon ROM Hack, called Pokémon Olive Green Version. There's a lot of things I wanna get done in it, but that requires me to have a massive build team, which I'm looking for, & a lot of people who are dedicated to do it. But first, plot time:

"You are tasked with a challenge: meet every famous PokéTuber you can find, & win in a battle against them. But, what if we said we had a twist? What if we said that the PokéTubers--- were Conventionists (basically, the Gym Leaders)? Take on 3 Regions (starting in Olbreon), spanning 24 Conventions (basically, Pokémon Gyms), & all leading up to their respected Grand Conventions (basically, the Pokémon League). Many obstacles will come, however, such as facing Team Cyclone, an evil team that drains the life force & popularity of PokéTubers to use it for"Global Annihilation Power" (G.A.P.), which corrupts the Earth, leaving destruction behind. It's up to you to summon the power of Mega Gallade, the strongest Pokémon to exist, (We'll assume that, even though it's wrong; yes there's Mega Evolution. But, what can I say? It's MY HACK.), to stop the plans of Team Cyclone, & become famous as the PokéTubers are. Discover these secrets & more in Pokémon: Olive Green Version."

That's a bit cheesy, I know, but I want to add a list of features in: Mega Evolution, B2W2 Repel System, XY Capture Experience, Fairy Type, New Storyline, New Tilesets, New Map w/ 3 Regions, All Gym Stuff & Pokémon League Stuff changed to Conventions, PokéTubers, Humor, High Replay Value, & 6th Gen Pokémon+Mega Evolutions.

I've linked the ROM & my Twitter below, so you can hit me up there, if you have questions (which is optional). I also do Pokémon Giveaways there, so if you want some Pokémon, go there. Well, that's all for my time. Thanks, & Defog The Bisharp!

NOTE: This is a FireRed Hack, so make sure you patch it to that. Fairly new around here, so I'm not accustomed to everything yet.

IPS PATCH: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E67303F05527976E!52544&authkey=!AOPHK7yl_T4Ngu0&ithint=file%2cips

Last edited:

GalladedOlive

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    QUICK EDIT: There's 4 Things I wanted to add to the Game, which were Lowered Shiny Odds, Different Music, Different Battle Backgrounds, & New Moves. For Different Music, I plan to add GlitchxCity Remixes to the Game & make it loop. For Different Battle Backgrounds, I plan to have either XY Style Backgrounds alone, or those backgrounds with new Field Effects. New Moves is just self-explanatory; just add the ORAS/XY Moves into the game, as well as the ones from previous games that 3rd Gen didn't have. Also, if it's possible, can someone figure out how to code in new Animations for the moves? That's something I wanna try & figure out. Lowered Shiny Odds are self-explanatory as well. Just make it have the XY/ORAS Shiny Odds, or just make it 1/2000 or something. Also, it could help if someone can figure out how to code the Shiny Charm into the Game, & give the player that right off the bat, so they can have an easier time trying to find a Shiny. Everyone deserves to have their first Shiny Pokémon, so at least give them that chance. Thanks for your time, & Defog The Bisharp!

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    1. It's better to upload a patch instead of ROM (according to the rule). Try IPS, UPS, or other patcher.
    2. Which version is your base? IMO, you can modify the code used for the shinyzer to modify the shiny rate.

GalladedOlive

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    Another edit: the link has been changed to an IPS Patch, due to certain forum guidelines.

GalladedOlive

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    1. It's better to upload a patch instead of ROM (according to the rule). Try IPS, UPS, or other patcher.
    2. Which version is your base? IMO, you can modify the code used for the shinyzer to modify the shiny rate.

Thanks for letting me know this. Also, FireRed is my base ROM, so I'm gonna be doing stuff from there.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I edited your first post to say "PATCH: link" instead of ROM, that was misleading and I almost removed the link. You should also mention that this is a Fire Red hack in the first post.

GalladedOlive

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    I edited your first post to say "PATCH: link" instead of ROM, that was misleading and I almost removed the link. You should also mention that this is a Fire Red hack in the first post.

Thanks so much. Wouldn't have been able to catch that.

Back