• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Olympics

ravenstorture

Banned
Years
  • Is everyone excited? I personally am. Two hours until the opening ceremonies start. I just hope nothing terrible happens. That would be horrible. *Knocks on wood.*

EDIT: The reason I didn't post this somewhere else was because I didn't want any immature people to come and start bashing other countries and such.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I think that the Olympics are cool, I watched it a few times, but I never really got into it, maybe this year I will though.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I love the fencing competition at the Summer games, that's about the only thing I watch.

I'm more into Winter sports, so expect me to be all excited when 2006 rolls around.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I tried it for a while, but the class never advanced any so I left. I found Kendo to be more to my liking. I wish there was Olympic Kendo. *pouts*

~Ozy~

Years
  • Japanese fencing would sum it up I suppose. It's more head-on than fencing and most definately more painful.

I'm reluctant to call it a martial art though, it's more of a martial sport if that make any sense.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • This really belongs in Other Chat

~Moved

But I love the olympics...I think it's so great when america totally whips the crap out of every other basketball team imaginable...Kevin garnett better be on the team...

BOO ya!

Star6

PC'S Local Sci-Fi Geek
    Years
  • The opening ceremonies were awesome but did any one else note that Iraq Iran and israel were not grouped together like all the us then the cs. I know it was based on the greek alphabet but Iran and Iraq should stilln have been beside Israel.*coughs*poltical*coughs*

Years
  • I have long considered the Summer Olympics as the "real" olympics. There are more than double the amount of countries that participate in the summer than the winter olympics. There are 202 countries participating this year, 3 more than in 2000. I watched the opening ceremony today and I must say that it was much better than the opening ceremony of the 2002 Winter Olympics. The one in Salt Lake City was great too but not as great.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Dakota said:
    But I love the olympics...I think it's so great when america totally whips the crap out of every other basketball team imaginable...Kevin garnett better be on the team...

BOO ya!

They'd kill everyone 1, 2, 3...I still remember the 2000 Olympics. XD
    I watched the opening cermemony yesterday and I don't think think I saw KG. Where is he when we need him? Where's Shaq also?

If those two aren't one the team, we'd miss little chance of of making gold metal.

shining_light

Dolphins. ^^. School. ;-;
    Years
  • Oh! the olypmics! ^_^ I just got done watching the women's synchro diving...and the Chinese kicked butt ._.;;. The opening ceremonies...were...odd...that parade scared me XD.

Micheal Phelps won his first gold medal on his quest for 7. :P who thinks he'll make it?

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Tim Duncan? Lol, he's not goin to do much. I really think, Lebron James, Tracy McGrady, and Allen Iverson will do most of the work.

Phelps just won the gold for 400m.A new World Record has been set.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • O.o...*faintz*
    OMG! That ztarted yezterday!! Noo! I never mizz the olympicz but thiz year I completely forgot about them...*zniff zniff* and I waz out all day yezterday and today 8_8
    ...zo much for zeeing the opening cerimoniez...=_=

Today waz zwimming gymnazticz and vollyball...the three zportz I waz mozt looking forward to...
    ... .... ...BUGGA!! >_<

Go Australia...*wavez a little flag around in the corner* --_--

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • I am not that interested in the Olympics, and I have never watched them. I think the track stars would be fun to watch, but I don't know the television schedule, and I'm not that desperate to find out. I'd much rather watch Degrassi or something, but that's typical ol' Nick.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I'm with nick...soccer and swimming is about the only thing that i'm into watcdhing

Back