• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Omg haha this guy is a n00b... [OU RMT]

Years
    First thing first, this is a D/P team, so no more "SCIZOR W1LL E4T j00" please

Hey there ^__^
    I'm fairly inexperianced at making teams, but i just wanted to get an idea of how to improve this, or maybe its so bad I should scrap it altogether =p

Bronzong@Leftovers
    Sassy
    252 Hp/86 Atk/80 Def/92 Sp.Def
    Stealth Rock
    Hypnosis
    Gyro Ball
    Earthquake

Standard Zong set is standard, I have been considering switching to Azelf or Aero though =S

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Sand Veil (Hyper Cutter if using Stone Edge)

180 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 218 Spe

-Roost
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge / Ice Fang / Aerial Ace / X-Scissor
    (More details here)

Alakazam@Life Orb
    Timid
    252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def/252 Spd
    Charge Beam
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

Charge Beam for the epic 70% chance of Sp.Atk boost and it owns the unsuspecting Gyrados i so often see =p. No explanation needed for the other moves. I'll put this out about mid-game as most suspect Specs set so they send out a counter that i can beat up with another move but mostly so T-Tar's SandStorm + LO damage doesn't eat it alive

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    Adamant Jolly
    4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Stone Edge

Standard DD set. Bring it out mid-late game and eat their team. SandStream helps Gliscor survive a few weak special attacks aswell.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/160 Def/98 SpD
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Recover

I was advised to take this little ducky up to stop Salamence and Gyrados. Also works as a counter to many other common pokemon such as Jolteon, Heatran, etc

Ty Vance^^

Dugtrio@Choice Band
    Jolly
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Sp.Def
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Stone Edge
    Night Slash

Revenge killer, he is awesome, although I have been considering putting a Life orb on him, but im just a bit skittish about the power drop. Lols at Scarf lead Heatran

Everything on this team is probably standard, as I said i'm inexperianced
    Have fun =p
    Standard team is standard
    Changes in bold

Previous members

Starmie@Leftovers
    Timid
    160 Hp/216 Spd/132 Sp.Atk 156 HP / 154 DEF / 200 SPEED

Rapid Spin
    Surf
    ThunderBolt
    Recover

Yes, it be mah RSer, and she still has enough Speed and Special Attack to take out a few pokes while shes at it. You wouldn't believe how many Gyrados' have switched into this =S
    Dropped because of no real need of a RSer, due to me having no SR weak pokemon

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    I'd make Gliscor SD so then you are faster than Lucario who is an idiot with ice Punch / hidden power ice.

Jolly >>>>>>>>>>>>>Adamant on DDTar or its not worth using since its too slow and gets outran by anything above 333 speed, at least with jolly you can outrun base 115's after a DD (Azelf, Raikou and Starmie). Consider Black Glasses or Life orb to let you sweep better (Black Glasses enable you to 2hko swampert after a dd with Crunch at the cost of no LO recoil before anyone says "newb" ).

As for starmie, you are aware that a +1 LO Gyarados OHKO's that spread if SR is up right ?

156 HP / 154 DEF / 200 SPEED (347 speed for infernape) is better and lets you live a + 1 DD LO Eq or Stone Edge even with SR and SS up 100% of the time, so yeah. I also doubt you need rapid spin tbh (no SR weaks and RS is useless outside of stall anyway), Ice Beam would be better..

If this is for platinum id watch out for Scizor >.<

Last edited:
    Years
    ok, I will make changes ^^
    And no, this Isn't for Plat =p
    Scizor is scary

I think I'm going to ditch Zong aswell, I'm just wondering if Azelf or Aero is better as a lead...

Azelf@Focus Sash
    Naive
    4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    SR
    Explosion
    Psychic
    Taunt/Fire Blast

or...

Aero@Focus Sash
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Taunt
    SR
    EarthQuake
    Rock Slide

Or even this, as it counters both of the above

Metagross@Leftovers
    Adamant
    204 HP/76 Atk/224 SpD
    Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

Last edited:

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
    Fire Punch > Earthquake for Tyanitar. Takes out Scizor (who doesn't OHKO w/BP), Forry, Zong, Skarm, Gross, Luke etc..

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I might recommend that you consider sucker punch on Duggy instead of Night Slash. Both have their benefits, but I personally like having priority. It's up to you though.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I love the team. I especially admire your use of Charge Beam Alakazam. It's a fun thing to use, albeit hard and sometimes impossible to set up. One thing to note is that Rapid Spin isn't really necessary for this team. You have no Stealth Rock weak Pokemon, and Spikes/Toxic Spikes is pretty rare nowadays. Starmie can either take the role of a Life Orb sweeper, which can help break down physical walls for things like DDTar and SD Gliscor, or just be replaced, since you have no definite Salamence check. For this reason, I think that a Porygon2 could be used to not only handle Salamence, but to completely stop Gyarados cold. It also makes a nice switch into Jolteon, Heatran, etc...and provides Paralysis support:

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/160 Def/98 SpD
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Recover

Max™

Needs to scarfduggy
    Years
    I dont know if its just me but I might consider substitute somewhere on ala because if you want that chance to keep your spatt boosts, you can go sub then lefties over LO

Years
    I dont know if its just me but I might consider substitute somewhere on ala because if you want that chance to keep your spatt boosts, you can go sub then lefties over LO

Nah, I think I'll stick with him the way he is

*I love the team. Blah Blah Blah... For this reason, I think that a Porygon2 could be used to not only handle Salamence, but to completely stop Gyarados cold. It also makes a nice switch into Jolteon, Heatran, etc...and provides Paralysis support:

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/160 Def/98 SpD
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Recover

*Yay *Hugs* Thank you ^__^

Well, it does certaintly look good on paper, and my team does look as though it will get fairly munched by Mence and friends
    I will see if I can get my hands on one of these. Tyvm ^__^

And also, I realy need to know whether i should switch Bronzong to one of these
    Me said:
    Azelf@Focus Sash
    Naive
    4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    SR
    Explosion
    Psychic
    Taunt/Fire Blast

or...

Aero@Focus Sash
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Taunt
    SR
    EarthQuake
    Rock Slide

Or even this, as it counters both of the above

Metagross@Leftovers
    Adamant
    204 HP/76 Atk/224 SpD
    Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

One more thing, can anyone give me any advise on whether to switch my dugtrio to an Adamant ScarfTrio to counter Heatran?

Last edited:
    Back