• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen OMG THE GB MUSIC

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Personally I love the thing, makes the game so much more enjoyable, I almost fell over when I first put it on.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I first used it before battling Suicune, and it brought back memories of the Tin Tower Battle in Crystal.

Darkfalz

A.K.A "The Bang-Shuhbang"
    Years
    Ah, The GB Music. Brings back old memories, doesn't it? It reminds me of when I was a child playing the original Gold. Ah.... Sweet, retro, pixely music. And you can see Giovanni in this game. It's with the Celebi Event, which is coming out later in 2010. Fortunately, I have done this event, 'cause I got me an Action Replay. :)

They call me Brandon Lee

don't u look at my girlfriend
    Years
    It's worth it though - especially if you played the original games.

Speaking of which... my Silver still works. It sounds just like the original game... although I think some songs were added (like the safari zone song)...

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
    I've loved this key item since I first got it in my Japanese Heart Gold. Put it as the second registered Key Item, and it hasn't changed since.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^ It's in Celedon City, in a big mansion/building (around the middle-ish of town, a bit east of the Dept. Store there). It's on one of the levels, and you get it from a guy standing near a globe iirc.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I already had the item when I played the Japanese SoulSilver when it came out. I was annoyed and sad at the time when the game gives you the item - at the end of it all...
    I'm currently playing the English HeartGold, and even if I'm still going to get it failry this time, on my second and final playthrough later, I'm going to use Pokesav/AR to get it at the beginning.

All I can say is, this is such an awesome item for the nostalgic fans of the original, that is me, that I felt somewhat sad too when I found out that you get it near the end.
    It plays almost all the music with a very close feeling like that of the originals.
    But I think it doesn't have all the music, since you get it at the end. And neither is its music a perfect replica of the old ones.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Along with the nostalgia of the GB Sounds item (New Bark Town, Goldenrod, Getting on the Bike, and Pallet Town FTW) you can also hear some retro stuff you might remember from G/S/C on DJ Ben's Program, on Sundays only.

Sunday is the special day, If the song you hear isn't one you like, just change channels and change back... (The intro movie song from the old G/S is there, as well as MY personal favorite, the "The End" Song that plays after you beat Red in Silver... brings me back... WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back...)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That item is the only reason I bother trying to beat all the gyms. Seriously. I love it<333

Back