• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Game, Many Consoles

Years

• One Game, Many Consoles

There have been so many consoles released since the dawn of the arcade era; some amazingly unique, some just painful to even play, some that made you feel ill and others that were just legendary in their own right.

I am sure we have all played/owned a handful of consoles, so the question I want to ask is:
    "what is your favourite game for each console you have owned and why has it pipped all the others to the favourite post?"

So, the answer is, obviously, dependant on how many consoles you have owned. I could be here for a while answering this.
    You can include anything really, your handhelds, your normal or wacky consoles, whatever. So, for example, one post could go:

Sega Megadrive: Mortal Kombat - This game opened up a new world to me, it was just so much fun and, for me, had hours and hours and hours of playability; I never got old of it.
    Gamecube: Tales of Symphonia: - This defines the Gamecube for me. Obviously it was on this console, but whenever someone says ToS to me, I think of the Gamecube. The game was big enough to really enjoy, but not to feel like I will never complete it. I loved and hated characters and it just pulled me in from the moment go.

Think long and hard about it! Go go go!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Okay, so expect this to be a long post from me, as I have many favourite games, or games which stand for me on each console I've owned sometime in my life, which is pretty much all of them, except PS3 or something. :P

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
    Wow it's been a long time since I've even played one of these things, like, 10 years at the least, and it was amazing. There was one game which I loved on there, which I think was a beat 'em up of TMNT, but I can't remember. Favourite game however would have to be probably Duck Hunt. It revolutionised gaming, or in retrospect, the shooting with a light gun or something. :)

Super NES (SNES)
    Again, another hard one. I've had a lot of favourite games for this, including DKC2, Vegas Stakes, Mario Kart, but I'll go for one standout for me, which I still play to this day (Virtual Console ftw), which is Kirby's Fun Pak/Superstar. This is probably the best Kirby game to date, and really has opened the Platform genre to me. It's easy, so good for beginners, fun, and has lots of food in it. Not to mention multiplayer, which just makes it even more fun!

Nintendo 64 (N64)
    Probably my most favourite console of all time. It's just so amazing, and has all these awesome games, but shame on the controller though. Anyway, my favourite game for this is really a tough one, but I'll go with Banjo Kazooie. Probably one of the most difficult video games to date, with only one real boss, and really hard levels. It's an awesome platformer, and I could easily get 20+ hours into it before getting to the end. :)

Playstation 1
    I didn't really play a lot of video games on the PS1, since I really didn't have one for very long. I probably spent most of my time playing Yugioh Forbidden Memories, but I'll say my favourite game for this system is Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped. Yet another amazing game, with lots of variety in game modes, and it's fair share of difficulty. Another platformer which was nice and crisp, and had lots of spinning. :)

I'll update this later, as I really can't be bothered writing loads more words for like, five more consoles. :P

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Playstation 1: Chocobo Racing
    For me Chocobo Racing is the most enjoyable game in all Playstation games, I like play this game together with family or friend.

Playstation 2: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
    In my opinion Castlevania: Curse of Darkness is the most cool game ever. I think this game graphic quality, background music is just perfect.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Well...
    (Get ready for a long post)

N64: Mario Kart 64 was just, well, fun. Even now I'll sit down with some friends and race. Not only that but it seemed to have the best tracks out of any Mario Kart game. (Moo Moo Farm anyone)

PS2: I'm going with Megaman X8 on this one. The game is challenging, has tons of unlockables, and the only bad thing is that the ending is cliffhanger-ish.

PS3: Gran Turismo 5 has great tracks, a great online mode, several other good modes, and more cars than I'm able to count

Wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii has fun gameplay, fun multiplayer (or at least when you only have one other player) and lets me do something that should have been in the original Super Mario Bros.: Kill Toad.

Xbox 360: Marvel VS Capcom 3 is a game that if me and a friend of mine start playing, will keep on playing (and constantly changing our teams) four hours on end.

PSP: Megaman Maverick Hunter X. Great gameplay, good challenge, and awesome anime cutscenes!

DS: Pokemon Heartgold, which coincidently is a remake of my favorite Gameboy game:

GB/GBC/GBA: Pokemon Gold, which has two regions (which something that only HG/SS has had since), awesome music (National Park, anyone?), and overall is not just the best Pokemon game, but the best game on any of the Gameboys.

Phone: Whenever I'm either on an airplane, in the car, or just bored (and don't have any of my Portable consoles with me) I'll play Tetris. And then I'll have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • SNES: Super Mario All-Stars
    Considering this and Dr. Mario/Tetris were the only games I had on SNES, of course I'mma pick it. Haha. But this game was my early childhood, through and through. Whether I was watching or playing it myself, it was the best game, specifically Super Mario Bros 3. LORD. I am not even gonna rant on that, haha!

Game Boy Pocket: Pokemon Yellow
    Okay, another console I had limited games for, yeah. Even though I didn't get past Brock before losing my copy of the game, along with my GBP, this was still my favorite game for it, and since then, I have gotten a new copy and can play it with common sense. :P

N64: Ocarina of Time/Pokemon Stadium 2
    OoT doesn't even need a comment on it. I mean...it's OoT. Sure, it took me til my senior year to actually beat the game, but who cares! And Pokemon Stadium 2 taught me how to really battle after that fiasco with Yellow I had. 8D;

Game Boy Advance: Pokemon Emerald/Mother 3
    Emerald. Favorite Pokemon game. Of all time. Hands down. Mother 3 I played on an emulator (sorry, but you know, everyone outside of Japan has no choice!) and it's my favorite game of all time, so yeah. I can't go without mentioning two of the greatest games ever.

Gamecube: Pokemon Colosseum
    Again, another game that pretty much ruled a part of my life. ...I'm totally not playing it now btw...totally not...

Nintendo DS (Lite): Pokemon HGSS/BW
    All these damn Pokemon games running how I answer these...but yeah. HGSS had my favorite Pokemon following me. FOLLOWING ME. And BW introduced a lot of goodies to the franchise, including the fabulous Petilil.

PS2: Kingdom Hearts II/Tales of the Abyss
    KH2 I spent a lot of my senior year in high school playing, along with OoT. Tons of fun, and I kinda wanna play it again now that I'm sitting here talking about it. ToA I need to get back into. I kinda got uninterested after I started watching an LP and just got lazy. ToA is great cause it has Guy. Mmm. Guy<3

Wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn/Mario Kart
    Aren'tcha glad I didn't say Pokemon? But yeah, this is a cute game and really enjoyable! I love playing it, and I have yet to play with a friend. Mario Kart is hilarious to play with other people, especially when they get knocked off the course three times in a row.

360: Final Fantasy XIII
    idc what everyone says, I really enjoy this game and I love the battle style. I think I took a break from this game for about two months...then one day, I just popped it back in and played for 7 hours straight, haha. Addicting when it wants to be!

Years
  • Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2. No doubt about this one. It's my favorite game of all time.

Nintendo 64
    GoldenEye 007. Still the most epic FPS shooter ever made, at least in my opinion. It's difficult, follows the movie extremely well, and has some of the greatest multiplayer you can find.

Sony PlayStation
    Spyro the Dragon, the original trilogy. All three games are amazing platforming games. It's a shame that the games have completely sucked since Insomniac Games sold the rights to the series, but the original three are often considered the platforming games on the PlayStation.

Sony PlayStation 2
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. This is actually the first and only Grand Theft Auto game I've ever finished. The game had a great story, fun missions, and great gameplay. It was just as much fun to wreak havoc as it was to actually complete the story mode.

Sony PlayStation 3
    Portal 2. This is how you do a sequel. You establish a great base in the original game, and then expand it to truly test the abilities of your fanbase. The first game was insane enough, but with the addition of propulsion gels, bounce gels, light bridges, movable lasers, and multiplayer, it tested you in ways that you can't even imagine.

Nintendo Wii
    Resident Evil 4. I think most fans of the series will agree, this is the definitive version of Resident Evil 4 to play. Best graphics, all of the features from the PS2/GameCube versions, and awesome motion controls. Not to mention it has Classic Controller support.

Game Boy
    Pokémon Yellow. The first Pokémon game I owned. The game that started it all for me. A game that I cherish so much, I refuse to restart it since I don't want my hard work to go down the drain- even to this day.

Game Boy Color
    Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. It was a portable version of Super Mario Bros. with The Lost Levels thrown in for good measure. Need I say more?

Nintendo Entertainment System
    It's been about 15 years since I owned one, probably even more. But the game that always stood out on this system was Super Mario Bros. 3. It was awesome back then, and it's still awesome to this day.

Sega Game Gear
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I still have one of these massive, battery-sucking beasts in my closet. Not too sure but I think it still works. Anyway, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was one of the only games I owned for the system. By far my favorite out of the ones I did own, but it was HARD AS HELL. I still to this day cannot even beat the first boss. The limited draw distance was the problem, but honestly it was the best they could've done at the time. And it was still a load of fun to play.

Nintendo DS
    Gotta be a tie between Pokémon Black and White and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. HeartGold and SoulSilver were the sole reasons I bought a DS. Then Black and White came along and game them a great run for their money. I can't choose, so I'll go with both of 'em.

Nintendo 3DS
    Nintendogs + Cats. Currently the only game I own for the system. Fun at first, but gets repetitive quickly. I'm waiting for Star Fox 64 3DS and the next Mario Kart game, personally.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • NES- TMNT Arcade; spent loads of quarters on the arcade version of this ninja turtle game, even beating it at Chuck E Cheese. So happy with this game.

Game Boy- Nail 'n Scale - a fan of puzzle games, this added an adventurous feel to it.

Gamecube- Animal Crossing - yeah, the NES games it came with, the comedy, the one-liners from fishing...

Playstation 2- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - more of a mess around game these days, I have spent hours in the GTA 'world'.

Wii- Smash Bros Brawl, but I no longer own a Wii.

Xbox 360- Mass Effect - awesome jog, awesome game.

Xbox 360 (Arcade)- Castle Crashers - all my characters are level 99, but i still have yet to complete insane mode

Game Boy Color- Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons- my copy got stolen early in to my owning the game, and local stores sell it for 50-80 used...

Game Boy Advance- Pokemon Emerald- I AM NOT A FANBOY

Nintendo DS- Animal Crossing Wild World- have had this game stolen or disappear a number of times. Since it came out, I have repurchased it 9 times... ten owned total.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Nintendo 64.
    I loved all my games, because I was young I had such great times on this. Pokemon Stadium 2, Conkers Bad Fur Day and Super Smash Brothers, and Mario Kart were my favourites. I probably enjoyed Conkers Bad Fur day the most though.

Gameboy Colour.
    Pokemon gold. I loved this and was my first pokemon game ever. I couldnt stop playing it and restarted and played it through so many times I lost count. I really miss never getting bored of games :(

Gameboy SP.
    Sapphire. I had the most hours on that, like 350 which is a lot without getting bored for me. I remember getting the little hand book so full of errors it wasn;t funny (lol Torchics move set was like whirlpool and poison sting). And I remember being so amazed by the graphics.

Nintendo DS.
    Pokmeon White <3 Just truly an amazing game that has amazing features and brought pokemon to a whole new level.

Nintendo Wii.
    SSBB was so amazing and I loved it so much. I remember when the official website slowly revealed the characters one by one and I went on that website for hours on end reading everything over and over. Also Mario Kart Wii. So fun and will always be fun. Also Cod, all the Cods on wii. My computer is crap so I only got to experience cod on Wii. It was still super fun and the graphics aren't as terrible as everyone thinks they are. Sucky older brother wont let me touch the PS3 >.> He said I could pay half but he decided he didn't want to share.

PS2.
    Dynasty Warriors was a good one that I loved playing so much. I beat it right when my brother got the PS3 and replaced the PS2. Only then did i discover I couldn't play it :(

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • PlayStation 2: The Burnout series. Driving dirty while trying to win a race is one of my favorite styles.

PlayStation 3: Gran Turismo 5. The graphics are incredible

Game Boy Advance: All the Gen III Pokemon games. This was when I learned the basics of Pokemon gaming.

Nintendo DS: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver. I never got to play Johto, so this was my big chance. Luckily, I never missed out on it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Hm. /opens up Backloggery for a list of the games she has on each console

Wii - Super Smash Bros Brawl
    I think it's the only game on Wii I've spent a decent amount of time with. @_@ Too much time, really, since the idea of playing it right now still makes me go "uhhhhh no thanks". Took a very long while for it to get old, though.​

Playstation 3 - Little Big Planet 2
    Some of the magic from the original game was lost when it ported over to this game but... for the most part? I really, really enjoyed this game. Some of the new effects they showed off in the SP campaign were a bit gimmicky for my tastes but almost all the additions felt right. My brother and I haven't laughed so hard playing a game together in ages. Picking each other up and hurling us at bosses was so much fun!​

Xbox 360 - Plants vs Zombies
    I... feel kinda weird tossing in an XBLA game here but this version is, surprisingly, much better than the original PC game so I figure it deserves its spot. The co-op made playing this so much fun, both with my friends and with my brother, and it's a great game in general. Only complaint I had about it was that some parts are too easy because one person can essentially just butter the zombies in their tracks the whole game while the other sets up plants. XD; If XBLA games didn't count, it would probably be Assassin's Creed II or something.​

Nintendo DS - The World Ends With You
    I was torn between this and Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days but chose this for not being a money-grabbing spinoff. xD; TWEWY has Pi Face so it really shouldn't have been a question at all. (Then again, Days had playable Marluxia. Hum.) Anyway! I loved TWEWY. I 100%'d it which took well over a month and it was one of the first games I ever felt used the DS to its full potential, the only other one I can think of being Phantom Hourglass. Just sitting here thinking about it is making me want to play through it again.​

Playstation Portable - Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
    As my favourite game period, this is obviously my favourite PSP title. I own it three times (original Japanese, English, and Final Mix) and I've played through it... about 6 times? (Full loop in JP, full loop in English, Terra's file again in English, full loop [at level 1!!] in FM, Aqua again in FM.) Hundreds of hours. I actually don't have a "complete" game yet in any of them because I can't beat the last arena battle by myself with Ven but... otherwise I've essentially beaten every boss and gotten everything with someone in all the games. :D I know the game like the back of my hand and I haven't gotten tired of it yet. (I still want to replay it again.)​

Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia
    Another one where I didn't have to look. xD; I looooved ToS. It was my introduction to the Tales series and I was attached to the characters and plots for years. I find it virtually unplayable now, without free run and all, but I still have a soft spot for it. I nostalgia'd so hard when I played the sequel, I still feel for the characters when I watch the anime, and I still love playing spin off Tales games that feature the characters. Unfortunately, I played this before ever getting the collector's itch and as a result, don't have anywhere near a perfect file. XD; To be fair, though, a lot of those titles and whatnot look ridiculously hard! If I ever do play it again, it'll probably be on PS2 anyway for the voiced skits and added gameplay but... I'll probably always think of it as a Gamecube game regardless. :P​

PC - Portal
    It's gotten a bit old to me, but Portal was pretty much the first PC game I'd played in a really, really long time. I'd heard good things about it but definitely didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I've played through it plenty of times since the first and while it might not be as magical as it was the first time, I still really enjoy myself. The writing is top-notch and both it and its sequel are just brilliant puzzle games. n_n;​

Gameboy Advance - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    Before BBS, this was my favourite KH game. :D I looove the card battle system and while this game isn't as pretty as its remake, it has a charm all its own. And is portable, which is a plus. If I recall correctly, I have a perfect file on it which took a looot of time and grinding. I think its story was one of the better ones in KH, too. Interesting without being really confusing. @_@​

Playstation 2 - Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+
    Again, this was a really close one. D: It was a toss up between this and Tales of the Abyss and this only wins because I can cheat and say it also counts Re:Chain of Memories since they came packaged together in Japanese. 8D; I loved KH2, despite its ridiculous plot, and the FM version improves upon it so, so much. The extra bosses are tons of fun and kept me occupied for well over a year after its release. It was only last year, iirc, just before BBS came out, that I finally completed the game and set it aside. And I still get the urge to go back to it. I probably will next month. ToA is a great game too, and I love it and its characters to pieces, but after doing a complete run with a friend, we're kind of sick of it since it took so, so long.​

Nintendo 64 - Paper Mario
    I love this game. It's fun, adorable, and it looks really good, even by today's standards. (The style just... never goes out of style? xD) I've been sort of playing through the Virtual Console version and I fell in love with it all over again. It's so much fun!​

Gameboy - Pokémon Red
    It may not be the best game I had for GB but as the first video game I ever owned--and the game that solidified my interest in Pokémon, thus bringing me to PC down the line--it'll always stand out as my favourite on the Gameboy. :D​

I realize all that was in a really weird order but Backloggery has sort of a weird newest-to-oldest order so I'm gonna blame them. :D

Years
  • Well, I think it is time that I post my own.

Playstation 3 - Uncharted 2
    The Uncharted series has been a real enjoyment to play. The main character, Nathan Drake, is so fun to listen to and see his character develop. I really enjoyed the visuals, sounds and storyline. I found myself being really nerdy and being amazed by the water physics in the game and reading up on how they were done and then ended up watching random videos on how it was made, making me love it even more.

Wii - Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Ever since the SSB version on the N64 I have loved the games. They are very fun to play with a group of people and I ended up just playing it a lot on my own, even though I wouldn't normally. There aren't many games on the Wii that I really liked, so this a hollow victory because it was the only one that I enjoyed a bit.

Nintendo DS - Golden Sun DS
    Golden Sun DS reminded me of how much I loved the original games or the GBA. They were the games that I always use to play when I was bored. This game captured all that I loved from the originals and put them into this one. Maybe the art style isn't what I really liked, but that was always going to change.

Playstation Portable - God of War: Chains of Olympus
    There are a lot of random games on the PSP that I really enjoyed but the GoW game has to top that. As usual, the GoW games are really fun, but this one was just amazing, in my opinion, because of what was packed into the PSP console.

Playstation 2 - Silent Hill 2
    Silent Hill 2 is one of my most favourite games out of any and every console. A lot of people might question why this game, out of many, is my favourite. Some of the gameplay might be a big annoying and unstable, but it is the feelings that the game gave me. Fear, loneliness, excitement and shock; there aren't many games that can do this do me.

Playstation 1 - Twisted Metal
    I use to play this game all the time and when I heard that it would be re-released at E3, I was so very happy. It was just so fun playing on multiplayer with my friends, blowing each other up, driving into each other, it was like Destruction Derby but with guns as well.

PC - Portal
    Oh how can you not love Portal? Portal has got to be one of the best, compact games that have been developed. It has humor, challenges and more. I never thought I would see a second game come from the Portal team but I am very happy that it did come. The game has been imprinted into my favourite of all time games just for the way it has been developed. It wasn't rushed or an after thought, it was perfect.

Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia
    Well, I can say a lot about Tales of Symphonia, so I will try to keep it short. ToS has got to be one of the top games I have never played. When I first played, I fell in love with the characters, gameplay, game world and everything else. It was just so beautiful and a joy to play that I am thinking of restarting it tomorrow again! XD

Nintendo 64 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Well, this was an obvious one for most people. LoZ - OoT is just a stunningly well done game. The story is so fun and gripping and the gameplay is simple but oh so effective. I just can't wait for the remake.

Dreamcast - Gauntlet Legends
    A lot of you might not have heard of this game and if you have, you might know it was on a few different consoles, however, I remember it on the Dreamcast because of the endless hours me and my friends had on the 4 player mode. I always remember telling everyone to stay away from death, then one of my friends would run up and touch him, causing death to randomly pick on person and run after them. WAS SO ANNOYING BUT SO FUNNY! XD

Game Boy Advance - Advanced Wars
    Advanced Wars is a amazing game. The gameplay is awesome and I found myself just playing it for hours and hours without realising it. My love for it has lived on since this day and I still love the most recent ones, but I do need to play them more.

Game Boy Colour - Dragon Warrior Monsters
    One of my first top favourite games. Me and a friend both had this and we spent hours playing the game, breeding the different monsters to get new and strange monsters. I always remember when we were trying to get Metal King Slime and he finally got it. He rang me up and told me, too which I ran up the road to his house just to see! XD

Game Boy - Pokemon Red
    We all know this one. The game that sparked my love for the Pokemon series. It was very much like Dragon Warrior Monsters for me, but it had its own charm to it. I was very much into these games when I was younger, so this is why I loved DWM as well.

Sega Megadrive - Mortal Kombat I
    This game opened my eyes to the world of Mortal Kombat, obviously. I instantly loved the character Scorpion. His 'GET OVER HERE' line I loved from the start, firing out his harpoon thing and pulling people in to beat them up. I still love the MK games to this day and the most recent has made me love them even more.

SNES - Chrono Trigger
    Chrono Trigger is, let's face it, one of the greatest RPGs ever made. I know what much more I can say; if you haven't play it, PLAY IT!

NES - Metroid
    The one Metroid game that I really liked. The original is the best in most cases for me and this is no exception. The game introduced the awesome character of Samus and kept her being awesome, simple but effective.

Atari 2600 - Asteroids
    We should all know this game. It is a fun game that I even play on the Internet from time to time. This game was massive for the games industry, it was the cutting edge at the time and rightly so, because it paved the way for the games that we know today. It is simple, but oh so addictive.

SORRY for going on such a rant there, but I had a lot to cover and I even missed some out.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • Alright, prepare for a very long post.

NES -The Legend of Zelda. I remember playing this game for hours on end. It has addictive gameplay and wonderful puzzles.

SNES - Super Metroid. This has been one of the best games in the Metroid series, if not one of the best game on the SNES period. Words cannot describe.

Nintendo 64 - Penny Racers. I have no idea, but ever since I played this game, I have been addicted to it.

Gamecube - Metroid Prime. A futuristic shooter that plunges you into the footsteps of bounty hunter Samus Aran as she searches for the source of the destructive material know as Phazon.

Wii - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. the third game in the Metroid Prime series, it follows Samus once again on her quest to discover the source for Phazon and it ends her up on the planet Phaaze.

Gameboy - Pokemon Red/Blue. The games that started the craze that is Pokemon. These are the games that got me hooked on those wonderful creatures that I haven't forgotten since.

Gameboy Color - Pokemon Crystal. Even though it's very similar to Gold and Silver, this one was better imo. This was actually the first one I beat the Champion on in any Pokemon game.

Gameboy Advance - Lunar Legand. A wonderful RPG that has been ported to many consoles. It follows the characters by the name of Luna and Alex and Nall on Alex's quest to become a Dragonmaster.

DS - Dementuim: The Ward. One of the few survival horror games for the DS, this one is a truly wonderful game that everyone should play.

Playstation 1 - Chrono Cross. This game, which has a very entertaining storyline, plunges you and a humungous cast of characters into two different dimensions, in which one you are dead, and the other you are alive. Words cannot describe this either.

Playstation 2 - Dark Cloud. A dungeon crawler in which you have to rebuild cities? Sign me up.

PSP - ObScure: The Aftermath. A great survival horror game about a group of college kids, mysterious plants, and monsters.

Atari 2600 - Adventure. This was a great adventure game where you controlled a square. It was great, even if it did have a simple concept.

Sega Genesis Zero Wing/Sonic the Hedgehog. This one I couldn't decide, so I chose both. Zero Wing, a game notoriously known for it's Engrish, is a game similar to Galaga or Aegis Wing as a side-scrolling space shooter. Sonic is a classic. This game pretty made up most of my childhood. I remember getting up on Saturday mornings and going straight to the TV and turning this game on.

Sega Dreamcast - Jet Grind Radio. A game that combines rollerblading, racing and spraypainting into one.

Xbox - Jet Set Radio Future. The sequel to Jet Grind Radio, It features many of the same mechanics from before.

Xbox 360 - Gears of War/Dead Rising. Again, I couldn't decide, so I just put both. Gears of War is a run-and-gun shooter where you can just be a tank and own everybody and everything, while Dead Rising has you trapped you in a mall filled to the brim with zombies where anything you find can be used as a weapon.

PC - Left 4 Dead/Bioshock. Once again I couldn't decide. Left 4 Dead has you and 3 comrades pitted against hordes of Infected in an end of the world setting. Bioshock is a game where FPS' combined with puzzles meet, with a spice of Steampunk thrown in. You are trapped in a majestic underwater city called Rapure that has been plunged with it's citizens being driven insane with the addictive powers of plasmids.

Arcade - I know this doesn't really count as a console, but whatev. For this, it's House of the Dead. I remember everytime I went to the mall, I would take a pocketful of quarters just to waste hours perfecting this game.

Last edited:

Oharo

&#803;
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I'm not really an old school gamer, since I was pretty young back then when the PS1 was a hit.

PS1
    Digimon Rumble Arena. I can vaguely recall playing that a lot when I was waay younger. I can't really remember anything else. But it's probably one of the only games I ever played, other than the FF VII-I when I was older. But I guess that doesn't count.

PS2
    GTA: San Andreas. This practically defined the GTA series for me. It made the later series look so linear compared to this one.

XBox
    Halo takes it hands down for me. I was way older and the the gameplay was legendary for me. I spent hours and hours playing that with my cousin.

PC
    Can't really pick to be honest. But if I had to really choose, it'd be Counter-Strike I guess. It's the first FPS I actually gotten into. It requires much more skill than the modern FPS games in my opinion.

Gameboy Colour
    Pokemon Crystal. I used to constantly play Pokemon on the GBC, it was pretty much the reason why I bought a GB. Red was enjoyable, Crystal/Silver/Gold was legendary. Nothing beat the satisfaction of returning back to the region of the first version. Colours were a plus too.

Gameboy Advance
    Emerald. Yes, yet another Pokemon game. Fire Red was just a remake to me. Although Emerald was rather short, I still enjoyed the Secret bases, the new graphics, the weather and other such things.

DS
    This is a tough one. I haven't gotten Black and White yet, so I can't really decide.

PSP
    Monster Hunter. Amazing game. Simply amazing. I've spent hours and hours on it, honing my skills. Not to mention it's gotten pretty popular with my friends, and nothing beats fighting a giant monster with friends.

Back