• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Hit Wonders

Years
    You know those catchy songs that you fall in love with, but the artist responsible for it doesn't make anything else that resonates with you or the public in the same way after that. You don't hear much from them in the years to come, or what they release is just not as strong in quality or as well-received as their earlier music. It might not even be music, this could refer to the entertainment industry in general. Sometimes you see an actor in a movie, and they look really promising, give a strong performance and may have even been acclaimed for their role by critics and fans, but then they don't receive many more good parts after that.

Is there somebody who that you believe this is true of today? You liked something they made, but they have either faded into obscurity and didn't do a lot, or they did things that were not so great as before.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i was not around when coven's one tin soldier charted but man, if they were gonna be famous for any song, it should not have been that lol from what i understand it was just done bc it was gonna be for some small movie and the singer was like eh okay whatever and oops the movie was bigger than anticipated and so was the song. but they're like. this psychedelic satanic band. and that is not the song to represent them or their style lol. you could largely attribute the birth of metal bands that would come about later to them and she was apparently the first to do that hand gesture that rock n roll thing u know people do. anyway i highly recommend their first album. there is literally a satanic mass on there so if that makes you uncomfortable it's easy to skip bc it literally is listed in the track as such.

also chamillionaire's ridin is rly good even to this day

Back