• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Onix

What is on Onix's Head

• A Horn

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • A Head Dorsal Fin

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • A Stone Mohawk

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • An arbitrary protrusion

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Aka Wikipedia "a member"

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caelus

Gone
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I always thought of it as a horn, since it uses it for digging and, in some cases, attacking (And that's the most logical reason, as far I can remember).

I don't what arbitrary potrusion is, nor do I want to know. And mohawk seems unlikely; Same can apply to Dorsal Fin.

Years
  • I think it's a compass point, much like the nose of a Nosepass. Looking at the Ruby/Sapphire 'Dex entry:

"Onix has a magnet in its brain. It acts as a compass so that this Pokémon does not lose direction while it is tunneling. As it grows older, its body becomes increasingly rounder and smoother."

So I'd say it's used for directional purposes, as per a compass.

(You can shut up now if you're going to point out that Gen III came out six years after Gen I. X3)

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
  • I never thought too much about it... but I guess she has a horn.

Btw, doesn't 'dorsal' have to do with the back, rather than the head? :P lol I dunno.

Years
  • Btw, doesn't 'dorsal' have to do with the back, rather than the head? :P lol I dunno.

Try not to let it bother you on the Internet. There's far worse a person can do. xD

But yes, the correct term would probably be the "cephalic" fin, but as far as I know there isn't such a fin on any fish anyway.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I think it is a "member" because onix is a poor excuse for a pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2008
    Thanks for the help guys, I can now safely say that onix would sodomise pikachu with his "Horn"

Back