• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online storage.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
  • I tried using Google Drive to backup my stories and characters, but it was too tidius to keep manually reuploading everything once I made a slight change. That was before the last few updates, mind you.

I tried to use Google Drive to transfer images from my iPod to my laptop, since I can't use iTunes, but nowadays I just use imgur.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I have Dropbox, but I don't really use it. There's nothing that I really need to store Online currently, but maybe when I go off to college I'll look more into it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I love Dropbox so much. I flip between my laptop and my desktop fairly often and it's so nice to have a quick way to share files between the two. I mainly use it for images but I keep my schoolwork on there too and... man, it's just so convenient and quick. I'm so glad it exists.

Admittedly, though, I'd probably go back to usb sticks and the like if I had to pay for storage. :( It makes life so easy but it's not reeeaaally necessary and I've really lucked out with getting space. I'm a little worried about what will happen in about a year when the extra ~25GB I got from that university challenge disappears but I'm only at 5/55GB so I guess that shouldn't really be a concern.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I use Dropbox. It's free for basic storage plans and I find it extremely convenient to have my files in a safe place where I'll never have to worry about whether or not I've brought my USB drive. I used to not use cloud storages, but after an incident where I lost all of my data including my Pokemon ROMs and save files due to computer breakdown, I finally learnt my lesson.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I personally don't like online storage, the only thing I use is Google Docs and even that is just a backup of my files on my laptop hard drive. I guess if I got into the habit of storing files in the clouds, I probably could live with it. Just have not got to that point yet.

Back