• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Only A Dream

ArtekOublier

Writing those writables.
    Years
    First of all it's great to see the story back up again, been waiting a while for this chapter and now we get to see what happens, you big cliff-hanger junkie ^^ he he he. Anyway I know the problems you had with things and the next plus various other things including me being there so, nothing against you ^^

I was rather put of at first by Dawn's own reaction to herself winning the badge even though numerous people congratulated and wanted to know about it. She obvious, well probably knew she'd feel this way and so played it down.
    I do like how she says about not wanting to compete I tests of strength etc, when they are meant to be saving the world.

The description of the "New" Sandgem isn't at all how I pictured it after Skya explains to her mother how they could live like that. Skya theory comes out and once again she's right.

It was however fantastic the way Dawn held her in questioning her fake daughter, something only a mother would know, this can indirectly connect both of them even more as it shows that Dawn is thinking of her daughters.

The way they are transported is rather odd, almost answering my question of what it would be like inside a Pokéball. Although I do see the energy that comes out as white not as blue. It's your choice though and your story ^^
    The way you said that the professor didn't not hear them, I thought was a mistake and was about to correct until I thought a little more, being a double negative of course she heard them, lol.

The Pokémon described is weird and to my knowledge not any of the ones I know of, perhaps a new creation? It's as intriguing and trying to find out the new Pokémon they were going to reveal yesterday but decided not to. I wonder what it is.
    Also, Coronation? This is obviously not a coronation of that sort and some kind of other coronation. This is getting weirder and weirder.

Are you also suggesting that Dawn will not be doing any more Gym battles?
    What and who is Celina? Is she a Pokémon and what is she planning?

Anyway, as always loved the chapter hunni, keep it up ^^

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Firstly, wowee! This last chapter was quite the ride! I really liked how descriptive this chapter was, and how well in character everyone was.

Your Dawn is a fascinating character; she has so many levels to her personality and her reactions to things just seem to work so well with her personality. I also like how well you write her maternal instinct, and her doubts and fears about her family and her own abilities make her seem more human.

Brilliant job on this chapter! I couldn't find anything to concrit, so another chapter well done! And, as they say, moar please ;)

Laterna

Dream-Weaver
    Years
    Chapter 13

Hey ya'll ^.^

Thank you both Artek and celuthea for posting ^.^ All else I'll say is that Dawn will continue to participate in Gym Battles considering how much I loved writing Chapter 11 ^.^

Here's the chapter, which has been renamed, oh and read this:

~~~WARNING! This chapter does contain a bit of violence, nothing majorly gory and horrible, just an arm being broken, a kick in the ribs, hair-pulling, an attack to the eyes and a face being hit into the ground to knock someone out. If that's gonna be too much for you, don't read this chapter ^.^

Chapter 13 ~ Battle Dimension

On the road...

Lost, alone, separated. Where to go? Where to go? Where am I? Who am I? I can't do this... I'm running around wild in the streets, the darkness chasing me. Maniacal laughter coming for me. She's here! She's here! Coronation cannot be stopped, I know this now. The Cover cannot be stopped...

Far from home...

Skya's hair falls over her face as she scoops a bundle of leaves up in her arms, protecting the creature as she runs from the laughter. Many voices, many voices singing and laughing, getting louder, getting closer. She nuzzles into the creature as they approach a dead-end alley, turning back to see silhouetted people laughing and screaming... for her...

But you don't have to feel alone...

Running also, Twila and May, hand in hand, fight to protect each other as mysterious masked men, white masks, happy smiles, sad eyes, chasing them, attacking them. Pokémon fire beams of light and attempt to control their actions. They are not alone as they're faithful pups cover them as they try to get away...

Brave and strong...

Rekka's arm snaps at the hands of a tall, old woman. Her hair is prim, her eyes mad, her outfit and demeanour more than refined. She is teaching him a lesson. He must learn, he must learn. A sick smile crosses her face at the sound of his bones cracking. That'll teach him to run...

Together we will be...

It's our destiny...

I stop as I reach what is left of the Pokémon Centre, quickly dashing inside for safety. Within its brightly lit seating area I feel safe, although it is deadly quiet. There are blue seats flung all over, the orange tiles on the floor are cracked and covered by dust. The roof, fortunately, is intact, preventing all moonlight from entering.

"Let's see," I speak to myself as I walk across to the computer by the reception desk.

The blue desk as a large dent in it, as if something was thrown into it. Behind I can see Nurse Joy's chair, her computer and a Pokéball lying on the ground. I carefully climb over the counter and pick up the ball and push the button at the front, but it does not open.

"Should've figured," I sigh.

I know full well that only the owner of the ball may open it, one of the most recent additions that came with the Pokéball makeovers. Beyond that, many balls were replaced and renamed, some even upgraded or taken out of commission all together. Regardless, now is not the time for a lesson in Pokéballs. I return my attention to the PC in the corner, quickly running over it, avoiding an upturned tile, and pushing the power button. No response.

"Great," I groan. "Just great."

I look around, not really sure what else to do.

"Guess I'll just have to head back out," I cringe at the thought.

There is something very strange going on in this town - all the people are gone, as soon as we got here we immediately separated. I remember being totally washed over by some intense wave of pure fear and paranoia. We all ran in different directions and I found myself here, inside the Pokémon Centre eventually. Looking at my Pokétch, I can see that it should be midday, but the moon is high and full. There is something about this seemingly eternal darkness that is causing it I'd imagine, or at least there must be some kind of connection. I really don't want to go back out there.

"Got no choice," I encourage myself.

I know that if I go back outside, this madness will overcome me and i am unsure of how to survive it.

"Got no choice," I repeat.

It could go very bad, I could hurt someone totally innocent without realising it.

"Got no choice," I say again.

What if I hurt one of my daughters?

"Gotta take that risk," I argue with myself.

What if I'm too out of it to even do anything?

"Gotta take that risk," I continue to say and sigh. "Look, there's no other choice," my eyes look at to what I can see of my hair, "we gotta do this, got no choice, what more do you want?"

Silence in my head.

"Right then," I smile as I head outside. "That shut her up," I spit at myself.

On the road...

Stepping outside, everything... where am I? What is this place? No! Shadows! No! Shades! No shadows! No! No! No! I'm running, my legs banging off each other causing me to fall to the... what is it I'm running on? Please help me. My babies, don't hurt me. No. Why? No. Why? No...

Far from home...

"Hold on to me," Skya whispers to the creature she cradles.

It's black body is covered by leaves as it nuzzles into her stomach. She is backed into a corner, surrounding by shadowed figures.

"Hold on to me," she lets out a weak smile. "My baby."

Burmy looks up at her, completely unaffected by the affliction.

"Burmy, burmee burm," it says to her, trying to reassure her.

"Ssh, my baby," tears fall from Skya's eyes as the shadows close in on her. "I know, I know, it's okay, it's okay..."

"Help me!" Twila screams as she runs away from the night, her Riolu stopping behind her.

The puppy Pokémon turns swiftly, its black ears twirling behind its as it runs towards one of the shadowed figures, clenching its blue paw into a fist glistening with snowflakes, it leaps into the air and strikes the swiftly solidly, pummelling it to the ground with a flurry of frosty fists.

"No! No! No!" May shrieks, running slightly ahead of Twila.

May's Pokémon arches its shimmering back, its coat sleek and tender, as it gathers all the cold from the night sky in front of its face using its cap-ends until a giant block of pure ice floats before it. Within an instant, the ice-cube shatters and millions of tiny shards of ice fire outwards, hitting every shade and spectre that can be seen.

The two Pokémon turn to face each other and look back upon their masters, cowering in fear, beating down on the ground as the madness overcomes them...

Brave and strong...

"Why do you resist us?" the old woman asks politely as she grips Rekka's arm tightly.

"What you are doing is wrong!" Rekka says through gritted teeth.
    He appears to be completely aware and sane.

The old woman's glove can be heard stretching and twisting as she firmly snakes her hand around his wrist, burning it with her touch.

"Who are you?" she begins to lose composure, her voice growing louder and frantic.

Rekka summons up his strength, his face contorting with pain and fear, "bite me," he growls.

"Imbecile!" the woman screams and throws him to the dark cement floor beneath their feet.

Tall buildings surround them on all sides, a strong wind forcing its way through them. The buildings creak as if alive and a shrill laughter echoes on the wind along with screams. The screams sound familiar, but Rekka's mind is fraught with confusion and turmoil, like he's really tired. He begins to realise that the madness will take over and that being near that woman someone made him temporarily immune...

Together we will be...

"Dawn," Darkrai's voice echoes in my head.

"Don't give up," Mesprit's soft voice speaks.

"Let's go!" Ash cries.

"This is gonna be great!" Brock's declaration soon follows.

"You forgot the most important thing," Zoey reminds me.

"I wanna see you in the finals," Kenny challenges me.

"Thank you Dawn," Maylene smiles.

"I would say prepare for trouble," an old enemy groans, "but what's the point?"

"Believe in yourself," my daughters say in unison.

"We believe in you," Rekka says sincerely.

"Even if you don't believe in yourself," I hear Misty's voice too.

"Just remember us when you take all the glory!" May laughs.

"And never forget where you've come from," my mother speaks.

"It's our destiny!" they all say together.

Suddenly, the madness leaves me. Everything comes back to me, all of my memories, all of my usual feelings and all that I know. I find myself lying on cold concrete, it is wet, windy and dark and I somehow do not have even a smidgen of dirt or dust on my precious whites. I stumble to my feet and look up at the pitch-black sky and see three tiny coloured lights flying away, one red, one blue and one yellow. How strange...

"The others!" I gasp as I begin to remember all I say in my sickened state.

I dash back to the Pokémon Centre, which is only a few feet away from where I had found myself lying, running inside into the light and back to the computer just behind the nurses station.

"If there was ever one thing Lucas was good at," I mutter to myself as I pull off a piece of the tower's plastic covering, "it was with computers," I pull out a cable and connect with my Pokétch, "and I learned a lot from him."

The computer screen flickers briefly and a 3D rendition of my husband comes through clearly, being projected by my Pokétch new imaging system, another advance made over the years, but now is not the time to get into such insignificant detail.

"Lucas!" I snap impatiently at the tiny image.

"Ah, Dawn," he smiles. "I see my latest Pokétch upgrade is working perfectly, although it saddens me to see it so..."

I sigh, "I know, I wish the circumstances could be better," I try to cheer him up, "but, this is exactly the situation you invented it for so let's just be glad it's working, alright?"

He nods and grins up at me, his dazzling smile still flooring me every time, it's no wonder I...

"Anyways," I swiftly shut my mind up. "I'm in Jubilife City, it's under attack from ghosts or something so Ambipom, Spinda and Lopunny are relatively useless here."

"Yes," he agrees. "You want to use the RED to exchange them?"

"Yes," I nod. "Well, just Ambipom, I'd like to keep the others just in case."
    I press a button on the side of my Pokétch and a small slot slides out the back of it, facing a way from me. On it is a small indentation, just big enough for one PokéBall that has not been enlarged. I place Ambipom's red-and-white ball onto it and watch as it is teleported away.

"Received on this end," Lucas confirms. "What would you like in return?"
    "Well, Mamoswine and Pachirisu have a lot of experience, but so does Gliscor," I think through all I have in storage. "Hmm... Mawile's pretty resilient and Venomoth's got some great speed... oh I don't know..." I begin to bite my nails.

"Ahaha," Lucas laughs and then coughs.

"What?" I turn my focus back to him.

"It's nothing, it's just that..." he trails off.

"What?" I hold his image right up close to my face. "Tell me!"

"I just... I mean..." he sighs, "I forgot how cute you could be."

Tears fill my eyes as the one Pokémon I want more than any other comes to my mind.

"Send her to me," I says blankly.

Lucas nods, knowing full-well who I want.

In a tiny flash of light, a new PokéBall appears in my Pokétch.

"Thank you," I smile at him as I place the ball on my belt.

"You're welcome," he grins boyishly.

"Goodbye," I go to end the transmission.

"Wait!" Lucas calls out, his voice rather frantic.

"What? What is it?" I begin to well up again. "What's wrong?"

"I, uh, I," he scratches the back of his head. "When you get back home, once you're done saving the world and all," he doesn't look at me, "would it be alright if we maybe went out to, you know, like a dinner or a coffee or something?" he looks at me with his deep eyes, that charming little shy look he used to always pull on me. "I've really missed you and the girls since you've been gone..." he chokes up.

I watch on the tiny projection as he covers his sobs with his creased white lab-coat.

"Lucas..." I begin to cry as well, "I don't know what to say..."

This is totally unexpected and really at the wrong time, I mean, I'm really busy here trying to save my friends and family and now he wants to get back together? Maybe this is my destiny, maybe part of saving my family is to bring Lucas back into the fold...

"Of course," I sniff back my tears and grin at him. "Nothing would make me happier."

He looks up at me, his eyes red from crying and grins back, his face a perfect picture of joy.

"Thank you," his voice is shaky. "Thank you so much."

"No," I shake my head, "thank you."

We end the transmission there. I unplug the cable from the computer and get back to my feet, turning to face the smashed in double-doors of the Centre.

"Let's go save the world!" I shout to myself.

With that, I step back out into the night...

On the road...

Skya's body shakes as she scrambles further and further into the cold concrete corner. The shadows close in on her, completely enveloping her in their sinister glare.

"Mime!" one of them yells and rushes for her.

"No!" she screams and darts to the side.

The creature's pale pink body slams into the wall behind her, but as it does another sends out a projectile beam of light at her. Skya rolls across the ground to dodge it, clutching the bundle of leaves so tightly that it coughs. As she tumbles, one of the creatures foresees her actions and fires another beam at where she will be, striking her eyes...

May grabs Twila's hand and the pair run towards the edge of the city, seeing the dawn of a new day just beyond the city's boundaries.

"What madness is this?" May asks as her sanity returns at the sight of the sun.

"Riolu!" Twila calls back to her Pokémon. "What's going on?"

Riolu rears its blue face, his black ears swirling around as he replies in a language only Twila can understand. Shortly behind him is another, much larger dog running on all fours.

"Glaceon," May spins around, "behind you!"

Chasing Glaceon are human-sized creatures, each walking in odd square patterns while pushing their hands all about them, as if they are miming.

"We should leave," May suggests to Twila, "and return with more help."

Twila nods in agreement and the two, along with their faithful companions make one final run for the city's limits. However, as they approach, a strange forces knocks them back and a large glass wall is seen before them.

"What is this?" May cries.

The pair turn back to see the miming pink creatures close in on them, trapping them in a glass box that only they can disperse...

Brave and strong...

"You know, it's funny," the old prim woman speaks to Rekka, who can barely understand her, "you've spent your entire life living a lie. I mean, The Coven have always governed the world for as long as Arceus has been alive," she says but receives no response from the disillusioned Rekka. "So why resist us now? What has changed in the world to turn you against us?" she asks him. "We've controlled Arceus ever since the moment the first Mew came into existence, it just didn't know it," she continues.

Rekka attempts to crawl away from her, but she stomps on his back, forcing him back to the ground.

"Stay down pet!" she snaps at him, her voice changing to sound more masculine. "Is it because of what we did to Dawn that you resist us?" her voice returns to its previous feminine sharpness. "No, that can't be right," she laughs and kicks Rekka's ribs with a brown heel, "because we've been taking people for centuries!"

Rekka coughs and clutches his stomach, tears creeping down his face.
    "Or maybe," she kneels down beside him, "is it because we took you father?"

Rekka's eyes widen as she pulls back his light orange hair.

"But I'm sure he's alright up there with Arceus," she gloats, "being able to see all that is happening, all that I am doing to you and all that I am going to do to you," she slams his face into the concrete, causing him more disorientation than before. "But he'll be alright," she gets back to her feet, wiping her hands and mouth with a white handkerchief. "After all," she grins, "Ash is a strong man."

Rekka's tears flow freely as the pain takes over, fully pulling him into the realm of sleep...

Together we will be...

It's our destiny...

Gardevoir suddenly teleports away, without Celina having to lift a finger.

"Looks like Jubilife is keeping them pretty busy," she licks her lips as she moves from the kitchen into the living-room, to where Johanna is asleep on the couch.

A ball of dark purple energy begins to form in the palm of her hand, her eyes widening with happiness as she approaches the old woman.

"Time to end this," she cackles.
    We will be heroes...

We can change the world if we try...

I go where you go...

Forever friends you and I...

We will be heroes...

Battle Dimension...

Pokémon!

~~~END OF CHAPTER THIRTEEN~~~
    The next chapter coming your way is slated to be called Special! Mother Of Dawn! and focuses around Johanna, which I hope a lot of will be happy to see ^.^

Til next time *cookies*

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Wow. Firstly, what an amazing ride. I felt so scared during that chapter, I actually swear that I stopped breathing when Skya and Burmy were facing down the Mime's! Those two obviously have such an amazing bond, you write it brilliantly!

The choppy style of this chapter really conveys the chaos and the disorientation of the characters and really brings the reader into the moment and into the scene.

Dawn's pep-talk to herself was brilliant, and I loved her conversation with Lucas; their history together really shone through, and the part with the pokémon and her friends and family's memories came to her mind was so accurate to what happens in a real stressful situation.

Bravo! Cannot wait for more! xxx

ArtekOublier

Writing those writables.
    Years
    As celuthea said. Wow, but even more WOW. I believe everything that she said about this chapter. I especially loved the way it kept switching about too, just makes us feel that we are there in the complete pandemonium.
    I loved you stating lines of the song all the way through, it was really heart-warming, and it was in complete contrast to exactly what was going on and the extremity of what was happening.
    Was it Mr.Mimes that were attacking Jubilife? Moreover, who was that woman breaking Rekka's arm?
    The one thing i did tear up at was when Dawn and Lucas had their conversation and Lucas being all-romantic and proving that he is indeed still very much in love with Dawn.
    Skya...is blind? Thank god, she is intelligent. It will heart rendering to read how she copes with this, but I know that you will be able to do it, because my bibi is such a fantastic writer ^^
    All the people that talk to Dawn, bar one, I knew who they all were. Is the one that talks about preparing for trouble, who i think it is?
    This has been the best chapter so far...I am just, tearing up again and annoyed at Celina...why does Johanna have to go?
    Please keep writing bibi ^^ I love it
    xxx

Laterna

Dream-Weaver
    Years
    Chapter 14

Sorry for the delayed response, just had a lot to deal with the past few weeks, been really emotionally and physically drained and thus resulting in writer's block. However, I've managed to get past it a bit to finish off Chapter 14 for ya'll ^.^

Chapter 14 ~ Special! Mother of Dawn!

September 28 1986 - 7.41am

Diary,

It's today. I can hardly believe it, it's today! My invite came through months ago and the date that I was issued has finally arrived. It's even more special for me because, today, it's a brand new Professor who's just got back from his own journey with three very special Pokémon. *smile*
    I know my choices, I've been considering for weeks. I'm just so nervous.

September 28 1986 - 1.04pm

Diary,

I got her! I got her!

She's a lovely creamy green, with a gorgeous necklace of buds, cute dumpy legs, dazzling pink eyes and a powerful leaf sitting atop her head! She'll do perfectly for Contests. Speaking of, there's one coming up in Sandgem Town in just a few days, I'd better get in a lot of training and get there in plenty of time.

I've been on the road for a little bit now, training and battling, I even tried to capture a cute little Buneary, but failed miserably... *cries*... maybe tomorrow! *smile*

September 28 1986 - 5.26pm

*sobbing*

Just got beat by some girl and her Torchic.

Not much else to say...

September 28 1986 - 11.01pm

Diary,

Well, that's the day done. It's had its ups and downs, but overall a great first day. I know it's gonna be hard and I can't let every failure get me down, even though it makes me wanna pack up shop and go back home. Just gotta try to stay positive. *smile*

Thank you, diary, for being with me and sharing this day with me. It's meant a lot. I'm hoping to meet up with some other travellers, I think it would be a lot more fun than going it alone. Here's hoping. *crosses fingers*

Thank you again diary. It's really meant a lot to me.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Goodnight...

xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And here we have it folks, the wire!" the announcer cried out over the roar of the crowd. "With only half the time left, which of these two up-and-coming Co-ordinators will win the prestigious Floaroma Ribbon!"

"Chikorita, stay sharp!" Johanna called out to her partner.

"Don't count us out yet!" a woman with long red hair yelled. "Come on Smoochum!"

The cream green Pokémon lifted itself back on to its four legs and glared across the hall at her opponent. Similarly, the pink creature across also furrowed her brow as she growled, gritting her teeth at the very thought of being beaten.

"Now, Chikorita," Johanna executed her hard-work strategy. "Use Synthesis Reflect!"

The Chikorita flicked back its leaf-hair out of its pink eyes and look elegantly up to the sun shining through the glass roof. Tiny trickles of pure white energy gently floated down towards the Pokémon, their light showing off its glossy sheen.

"Let's not give them time to finish this act," the rival grinned wickedly. "Smoochum, dear, Powder Snow!"

The pink Pokémon leapt into the air, lifted its light brown arms to its plump lips and blew up a harsh blast of soft, cute snow.

"Chikorita, hurry!" Johanna exclaimed. "Reflect!"

It was too early - Chikorita had not quite finished restoring her health, but there was no time. Johanna had to act now.

Just as the snow ploughed its way towards the Leaf Pokémon, a glittering yellow barrier rose up and enveloped Chikorita, causing the last few droplets of sunlight to bounce off and bounce around the whole stadium, enchanting all the audience with its purity and beauty.

Johanna then smiled briefly as her rival's points dropped to just below hers and with only half a minute left!

"No!" her rival shrieked.

Yes - the Powder Snow had no chance to connect with its target, but instead collided with the shield that surrounded Chikorita, its soft body melting as it slammed into the sunlit barrier, the water causing the light reflections to shimmer and shine all the more brightly.

"And that's it!" the announcer shouted.

Both Co-ordinators gritted their teeth as they waited for the result.

"And the winner is," the announcer began her final statement.

A sweet smile spread across Johanna's face as she managed to convince herself to look at the board and see that her points were indeed much higher.

"Johanna!" the crowd erupted in applause.

The Co-ordinator collapsed to the ground, holding her Pokémon in her arms, the pair smiling and crying.

"And let's give her an extra special cheer for her first Contest victory!" another eruption.

Johanna's rival made her way across the field, her Smoochum by her side. She knelt down to be eye level with her opponent, taking her hand.

"Well done Johanna," she grinned. "You truly deserved it."

"Thank you," Johanna said amidst tears, "Sophie."

Dear Sophie,

Thank you for your recent letter, it was great hearing from you again... I've missed you a lot.

Happy to hear that things are going well between you and Zak and congratulations on your baby. Does it not bother you knowing the gender so soon and naming her so long before you meet her? I mean, Zoey is a lovely name, but what if, when she pops out, she doesn't look like a Zoey, you know?

I don't mean to steal your thunder at all, but I have also found out that I am pregnant too.

It was our last night together, me and Mike, before he set out on another journey, this time to the remote region of Almia. It was an amazing night, so magical, and, when I woke up, he was gone and had left me this present.

I know it's a girl, I feel it in my bones. Her name is Dawn. It was just so magical when I found out - the sun was just freeping in through my window, the new day just beginning as I learned that a new life was just beginning right inside me. I feel she deserves the name in some way, like she wanted to be discovered at dawn, you know?

I know I'm being totally hypocritical here, but I just know it, you know? I guess, on a similar level, you know that your daughter is Zoey. Who knows, maybe they'll meet someday? I realise that you're busy up there in Snowpoint, I understand that there's a lot going on, but I do hope to meet you again someday soon my friend.

I love you,

Johanna

xxx

A woman, heavily pregnant, Prussian blue bob, bag in hand walked quite merrily along a dirt path, winding its way through a small stretch of forest, leading her back to her home.

Suddenly - a flash of pure green light!

In an instant, the forest transformed from a plush paradise promenade to a destitute devilish drag. The trees collapsed, the flowers wilted and the sky turned to a hazy grey.

"What in the name of?" Johanna gasped, clutching her inflated body, protecting her unborn child.

Moments later, a strange being, frail and broken, fell to the ground before her. Johanna, her motherly instinct over-taking her, dashed towards the green creature lying on the dying grass just steps away.

"Are you alright dear?" she asked it calmly, not caring what it was or how it came to be.

It lifted up its large head, a blue antenna falling over its blackened eye.

"Bi," it groaned painfully.

"Don't try," Johanna smiled softly and reached into her back, "just take this," she said, handing it a succulent yellow berry.

The Pokémon struggled at first, each bite seeming like an endless battle, but it became much easier as the Sitrus Berry restored its health.

~I will hurt you.~ the Pokémon said matter-of-factly. ~Someday in the future, I will alter the timeline and kill you in your sleep, in the name of The Coven.~ it warned.

Johanna's eyes widened with shock at the prospect of knowing the details of her death.

~Thusly I have come here, to this place, to this time,~ the green being floated up above, a blue portal opening behind it, ~my essence, part of I give to you freely, to fix the world, to save it,~ the blue swirl condensed and flew into Johanna's heart, ~the rest is your own will.~

With a sudden popping sound, the Pokémon vanished and the forest returned to its previous lush state...

Gardevoir suddenly teleports away, without Celina having to lift a finger.

"Looks like Jubilife is keeping them pretty busy," she licks her lips as she moves from the kitchen into the living-room, to where Johanna is asleep on the couch.

A ball of dark purple energy begins to form in the palm of her hand, her eyes widening with happiness as she approaches the old woman.

"I don't think so," Johanna calmly opens her eyes and begins to sit up.

Celina backs away, "what is this?"

"Funny," Johanna smirks and rises to her feet, "I was just going to ask you the same thing." she smiles as she approaches her care-taker, a green aura swirling around her, causing her entire body to glow.

Celina backs away, her eyes wide with fear as large dark rings form around them. There is a sudden popping sound as two long blue-tipped antenna extend out of her head and her hair retracts into a small leaf-shape behind her.

"What is this?" Celina looks down at herself, panicked. "What are you doing to me?"

"You did this to yourself," Johanna's eyes glow green as the energy wave emanating expands further, strands of it twisting out towards Celina, entangling her in its overwhelming force. "You gave this power to me," Johanna begins to explain, "and now its time for me to give it back."

With that, the energy pulsates out in one giant wave, throwing Celina up against the wall, causing her to revert back to her original form - Celebi. Johanna approaches carefully, lifting her long skirt as she kneels down to look into the Pokémon's eyes.

"Thank you," the time travelling creature chokes out.

"Fix the timeline," Johanna fights back tears. "Use what little power you have left to turn everything to the way it should be."

"Thank you," the creature nods, "mother of Dawn."

Johanna smiles down as a large beam of light erupts for the Pokémon, no larger than a baby, as she cradles it, holding it for its last breathe.

"Thank you," Johanna sobs.

"Now!" Johanna calls out as the timeline is restructured.

"That's it!" a young girl cries.

Displayed before her on a big screen, Johanna sees the two timelines merging back together - two long chittering frequencies bouncing into one another as they become one.

"Timeline restored," the young girl says.

"Right," Johanna rises from her chair in the centre of the large circular room.

"Contact with field agents re-established," the girl continues. "Tracking... tracking... Jubilife City!"

"Good work Andrea," Johanna nods in appreciation.

"Dispatch," a boy sitting next to Andrea speaks into a head-set.

"Who is available Matthew?" Johanna asks the boy.

"Closest field agents are Oliver and Amber," Matthew responds. "Linda is not far off either."

"Contact all of them," Johanna orders. "They need as much help as they can."

"Oliver, Andrea, Linda," Oliver speaks into the head-sets.

"Patch me through," Johanna says as she clicks on her head-set hidden beneath her greying bob.

"Link established," Andrea confirms as she clicks a dozen buttons on the console before her.

"Agents, Jubilife City has been compromised," Johanna speaks to her agents in the field. "This is a Code Red, I repeat, this is a Code Red: agents Dawn, Rekka and Skya require immediate assistance..." she pauses and sighs. "I don't know what exactly you'll be walking into, but good luck. Johanna out."

"Link terminated," Andrea looks across the room, her eyes running right along the large consoles beneath the mega-screen at Matthew. "I hope they can pull this off."

"I'm sure," Matthew smiles back at her.

"They have to," Johanna sighs. "Otherwise we will not be able to stop Coronation..."

~~~END OF CHAPTER FOURTEEN~~~
    I know the length isn't that good and it may be a bit rushed at the end, I just couldn't think of anything else to really put in. I'll come back to it maybe and update the last segment with a little bit more description it need be, what do you all think?

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I have to say, I love your special chapters - a lot! It was nice to really get to know Johanna a little better, know about her histroy and her impressive performance as a Pokémon coordinator. Her Chikorita sounds so cute - I love how you describe pokémon at first, just giving the barest hints as to what they are (like the Celebi later in the chapter), it really makes me think and wonder about what it could be. As for the end, it was a little rushed, but I loved the idea of Johanna getting her hands dirty for want of a better phrase, and again the speed of the last paragraph added to the joy and hope that I felt at the prospect of the people in Jubilife getting some official help.

Again, Bravo my dear!

Last edited:

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    You know, this is really the best fanfic I've read for A LONG time. And now I'm feeling very inferior... I could never hope to compare to your amazing writing...

But, back on topic, I only found a few minor grammar errors, and besides that, it's perfect in all aspects: literary value, and conventions.

ArtekOublier

Writing those writables.
    Years
    Well done bibi on another amazing chapter ^.^

We all love Johanna. And after a few choice episodes…sorry chapters I love her all the more. Getting to see her thoughts, fears and feeling put down like that, trusting us, as we're reading her diary makes her seem more like Dawn's other than ever before. Its stuff I reckon that Dawn would have said if she had also kept a diary.
    The descriptions of the Pokémon that Johanna receives are a little unknown, especially to me, I had to think what it would be for about 10 mins, then it finally clicked ^^ silly bibi.
    The diary format is what I loved. Then it's onto the contest battle. I love imagining battles like that; your descriptions are so clear that I'm sure anyone could make them out. If anyone wanted to draw them, like you ^^ then it wouldn't be difficult.
    And to introduce this rival as Zoey's mother XD it's just all too much already. To think that Johanna and Sophie (nicely named) were friends and hoped that their children would be too. Zoey would be older obviously, she seems so.
    And what's this about Celebi? Not just saying, "Bi" which overjoyed me to no end, which you'll understand, but, telling Johanna about the timeline move. It seems too that the Coven is incredibly powerful and I now want them stopped just as much as the characters do.
    Johanna is such a character now, and I hope she's here to stay, I though she was going to die for sure this time around and tbh it scared me half to death myself. She stopped Celebi which is the main thing, but, the question is, what happens with the timelines, if one is put out of place, what happens to it now that it's been put back? Are there going to be some repercussions of changing the line?
    But I'm really confused by the bit at the end. What's going on? I love the names and that Johanna seems in charge but what is it? Is it some type of operation to do things like stop the coven? Confused a bibi XD .com lol
    Ps. Thanks for using those names. I means a lot bibi, I love you ^^

Please keep going, this story always gets better and I love talking to you about it too. We all love it.

Last edited:
    Back