• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Only Runs

Poke_licious

Ready to Rise
    Years
    I am fairly new to these forums, and I think we should get some people started on doing only runs.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the term, that is where you use only one pokemon (HM Slaves not included) throughout the whole game.

If anyone is interested on joining, please respond. The rules are basically the same as the mono-type challenge. Remember, keep us updated!!!

Years
    Huh...I've never really done that before, but I did use my Charizard for about... 2/3 of the battles in FR, xD
    It seems virtually impossible, but I'm not one to talk..xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I used to do that all the time, but when it came to hard battles like theelite four so I always lost

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, I suppose with a lack of anything better to do, I'll do a Pachirisu only run. xD And not only that, I think I'll aim to get it done tonight. However, I'm cheating for all TMs. :o

(However, I'll be starting on Cycling Road, because I don't feel like erasing my file :P)

So, current status:

Pachirisu@Leftovers
    Nature: Hasty
    Iron Tail
    U-Turn
    Thunderbolt
    Spark

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    I tried to do a Ratatta only run through FR. Needless to say, I failed. Epicly. EPICLY.

(I got up to Giovanni, then I just quit)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, lol, I didn't exactly beat it in one night. :P

Pachirisu@Nothing
    Same moves

Level 20

Years
    It's not that hard. I'll do it one day if I get another game because my Pearl is all I have and I'm not erasing that file. The best pokemon in D/P/Pt for it is Infernape/Electivire, due mainly to the fact they can be given movesets which pretty much hit everything for Super Effective hits. Especially a common competitive set for Electivire.

Years
    I would consider doing a Mono-run for Yellow or maybe for Platinum. It just strikes me as incredibly time-consuming, though.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    there not impossible but i cannot do it right now because right now all my games Emerals saphfire Ruby fire red leaf green diamond and pearl are all important right now.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Uhm interesting... I didn't know there was a term for it but yeah, I've done it , with my pearl using only Piplup, by the end of the E4 it was a level 74 Empoleon :p , the only help I recall using was the Palkia to take a hit in Cynthia's battle so I could revive Empoleon and strike again :D

My current sapphire file has a level 58 Swampert and I'm with Kyogre atm (SR-ing) where level 40-45 is a given hehe , Swampert has smacked down every gym by its own

月面兎兵器ミーナ

Lunar Rabbit Weapon Mina
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    I want to try that on my silver game with just a Sentret/Furret, but I don't think I'd be able to do it. xD Since there is one Ghost leader and all.

Back