• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Operation: Regain the Throne (OU RMT)

Years
    Hey guys, been a long while since i've posted anything here, and i have been working on a new team. This team is fairly new and some possibly glaring weaknesses are inevitable, and i was hoping that i could get some help. And the team:

Empoleon @ Focus Sash
    Ev: 156 HP, 100 Spd, 252 Sp Atk
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Torrent
    Moveset:
    -Aqua Jet
    -Hydro Pump
    -Stealth Rock
    -Ice Beam/Grass Knot

Empoleon functions very well as a lead, Hydro Pump demolishes many leads such as Aerodactyl, Azelf, etc. with ease, then picks them off with Aqua Jet. I often knock out the opponent's lead with ease as they normally taunt me first to prevent me getting my rocks up. But recently, I have been torn between Ice Beam and Grass Knot. Ice Beam helps me KO many Dragon types that could possibly prevent Kingdra setting up; whereas, Grass Knot helps me KO Pert with ease as I don't really have a counter to it.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ev: 248 Hp, 252 Atk, 8 Spd
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    Moveset:
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit
    -U-turn

Scizor functions very well with a CB allowing him to nab a good few, very useful KO's on weakened or frail opponents when using Bullet Punch. Superpower is for demolishing Blissey or any non-ghost or resistant pokemon that switches in, the Attack and Defense drop is not a very big deal when considering how much CB pokemon switch around. Pursuit is for catching frail pokemon that try to flee such as Gengar, Latias, Blissey, etc. U-turn is for scouting a switch and bringing in an appropriate counter. After KO'ing another persons pokemon, many people will switch in a revenge killer, more than likely packing a Scarf and a Fire-type move. Kingdra easily switches into this, granting him a free Sub and DD in the process.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Ev: 188 Hp, 252 Def, 68 Sp Def
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moveset:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Surf
    -HP Electric

A classic wish set. Nothing really to say about it. Wish plus Protect aids in stalling, and Wish alone aids in healing teammates with an appropriate switch. Surf for STAB and HP Electric for Gyara.

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
    Ev: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moveset:
    -Waterfall
    -Outrage
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Dance

The Late Game Sweeper of this team, Kingdra is a major force to be reckoned with after a couple of Dragon Dances and a Sub under its belt. Waterfall and Outrage form a wonderful STAB combo. The Lum Berry serves to snap Kingdra out of confusion if it happens to kick in in the middle of sweep or get rid of unwanted statuses like confusion, paralysis, burn, sleep, or poisen it might get while setting up.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
    Ev: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Levitate
    Moveset:
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -U-turn
    -Fire Punch

My revenge killer, and I might say that he does a very good job at it. Flygon easily comes in after another one of my teammates goes down and threatens with STAB Earthquake and Outrage. U-turn is useful for scouting, and Fire Punch is for Scizor and Forretres. Jolly nature, 252 Spd Ev's, and a Scarf guarantee that I will outrun Mence after a single DD boost, keeping that behemoth in check if Empoleon is KO'd or Sash is negated.

Rotom-S @ Leftovers
    Ev: 252 Hp, 216 Spd, 40 Sp Atk
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    Moveset:
    -Thunder Wave
    -Confuse Ray
    -Air Slash
    -Shadow Ball

My annoyer and crippler of the team, I generally switch him after Empoleon KO's the other person's lead. The most common switch-ins will use Fighting or Ground, neither of which hit Rotom, or Electric, which Rotom resists. I then generally get a free T-wave of Confuse Ray, crippling the opponent. They switch, again, in hopes of getting a better counter in and get slammed by yet another status, crippling, in hopes 2-3 pokemon at least. Air Slash=30% flinch rate, so flinch+confusion+paralysis=small chance for the opposing team to attack, and Shadow Ball rounds off the set with a decent STAB choice.

I would like to go ahead and thank you for reading my RMT.
    3…2…1…tear it up!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    This team is Dragonite weak imo. LO Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse or Dragon Claw hits everything except Rotom for SE. :P

Prediction is your only chance, so watch out. :/

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    With much experience with Empoleon leads, Empoleon wants Ice Beam > Grass Knot. He's also got the natural bulk, even with the given EVs to survive an EQ from anything not named Mamoswine, and Infernape leads are abysmal nowadays, so you'd want something like Lum/Chople Berry > Focus Sash for a counter against Roserade/Smeargle leads.

If you're THAT worried with Swampert, I'd suggest swapping your Rotom to a different appliance.

Operation: Regain the Throne (OU RMT)
    @ Leftovers
    Modest/Timid Nature
    252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
    - Shadow Ball
    - Discharge
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Leaf Storm

This assures that you have a decent check for Swampert, and status support, since T-Wave isn't doing you any good and Confuse Ray is dead weight.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Leaf Storm sucks, it wants Pain Split.

EDIT :

No one uses that D-Nite.

EDIT 2 :

It has a severe Bullet Punch/Stealth Rock weakness.

EDIT 3 :

Scarf Flygon too.

Back