• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Opinions on "trolling"

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
  • I wouldn't call that trolling. That's just F.E.A.R, and it's a legitimate tactic. Unless its banned, than go for it.

Competitive players should be prepared for a F.E.A.R anyway

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Thanks for this awesome post. There's a lot of useful and interesting information on here. Keep up the top work!

Bryony

Oh my, oh my?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    And then there's me. Never experienced anything "fun" on Pokemon quite yet..

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I've been trolled some and trolled myself some. Had to deal with sturdy aron with endeavor and shell bell 3 times in rotation battles, thank god i use mega kangaskahn alot. As far as my trolling, its usually shuckle sometimes blissey. Its shocking how many people can't deal with them.

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • I personally don't mind it, the first time I saw it happen I couldn't stop laughing although it has never been done to me.
    I don't think it is often competitively someone uses 'FEAR' but there are a few ways to prevent it, such as entry hazards, forcing the sash Pokémon into battle which can happen, those Ghost type Pokémon.
    This is only my opinion of course, if it was me it happened to the first time I saw it and not a friend, I would have probably needed to replace my DS :)

Years
  • Honestly if you see a level 1 Aron you should be able to come up with a quick way to kill it(Hit it with a priority move twice usally works) I understand how on battlespot it can troll some people but honeslty just prepare for it.
    Tho it's not trollig it's a tactic. Funbro is just trolling tho lol. Ibtw don't use a choice scarfed ditto against a chancey. Learnt that the hard way lol. (Some odd reason it had block lol).

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think trolling is fine. A good troll ticks me off soo much in competitive play, but a good trolling strategy is legit. Definitely, troll teams and bp teams have made me punch a wall more than once. xD

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • I like being trolled, cause usually if it's successful, it points out a huge flaw in my team...

The first time I was trolled hard by Prankster Riolu, it was because I idiotically forgot to give any of my pokemon Priority...I know I need a Ghost type to fight any F.E.A.R. variations (I know the R stands for Rattata, but you know what just about any Level 1 pokemon is going to do...)...

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Hey OP, I recommend you using a Scrappy Taillow. It can hit Ghost types with Normal moves. That could help you against Swordmon and Gengar.

I do have a stall Pokemon myself, but I'm not sure if my Wish/Protect/Scald/Toxic Vaporeon with Leftovers is trolling. It's legitimate tactic. Poison/Burn my opponent, then Wish/Protect/Wish/Protect.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I think the only way you can really troll in XY is by putting crap on Wonder Trade such as Zubats and Magikarps. But really, if you're expecting to get perfect IV Pokémon from Wonder Trade, then you need to face a hard realization.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    I think that the kind of trolling you a referring to is fine, it would be extremely funny in my opinion. Of course people may get frustrated sometimes but I say deal with it.

Back