• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opposite Gender

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't know either, but there's a few examples of such. Distraction from work, too scared to talk to them, had heart broken previously, whatever.
    I don't understand any of those reasons.

They're distracted from work because....? Are they just staring at them? O_o
    Why would they be too scared to talk to them if they are their friends?
    If they're just friends with no strings attached, what does having your heart being broken previously by someone else have to do with anything?

I'm a guy and I have lots of female friends.

The only thing I could possibly think of as an issue is if you're married. Your significant other may not be fond of the idea of you hanging out with so many of the opposite sex, or something. idk. But that's....a per couple situation I think.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Are you suggesting that people should befriend people who they're not attracted to? That actually sounds somewhat reasonable, but I'm not sure if it's necessary.

No what I'm saying is you won't necessarily be attracted to every woman/man in the world and the chances are that you wont be atracted to each and every single one of your friends of the opposite sex.

I'll put it this way. I'm gay, but I'm not attracted to any of my friends that are guys.

When we became friends my criteria was not:"hmm they don't seem sexy, so it's okay to be friends with them"

it was: "we have a lot in common, and this person is fun to hang out with."

All I'm saying is that the law of averages should mean that you won't be attracted to every woman you know and are friends with even if you are attracted to some of them, unless you're super duper horny.

That being said I have been friends with other Gay men who I have found attractive, but that didn't mean I felt awkward around him or obliged to make a move on him or anything. I can be attracted to someone without losing control of myself or doing things that aren't right for me and my friends.

The only reason you'd ever have a problem would be if the only thing you were looking for in others was hook up.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I used to be friends with guys a lot (no wonder I'm a tomboy now) but the guys in my school are impossible to me. I hate them. I can be really sexist but it's not my fault if they're so hateable.

But one annoying thing is that even when I'm with one of my boy cousins of my age, someone always says we're gf-bf. That's is VERY annoying so now I'm a bit less friends with guys than I used to be.

Back