• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Optimism vs. Pessimism

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'm an optimist for things that I really hope do happen, which most of the time ends up in me having false hope, and me getting disappointed.

I'm a realist for most things, I try to think about it the way it probably would happen, based on past experiences with things relating to what it is I'm thinking about, or things similar to.

Being a realist involves being a pessimist more than an optimist.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I guess realist would be a better term to describe my outlook rather than the one I've coined for myself: pragmatic optimist. Essentially, I hope for the best in most situations, but am prepared to deal with the fallout if they don't exactly go the way I planned, which is fairly often.

Back