• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Orange Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    I sit outside my shop, weaving a handmade fishing net. For some reason, the handmade ones seem to sell for more. Even if they sold for next to nothing, I'd make them anyway, as I find it relaxing and somehow satisfying making things with my own hands. I'm actually waiting for the arrival of the SS Milotic. I enjoy watching the bustle of newcomers flowing onto the island whenever she comes to port.

For some reason, I feel as if this particular docking of the ship is somehow more important than those of the past. I'm not quite sure why. I set down my net next to my shop, and walk idly towards the shore and lean against palm* tree where I can see the passengers when they start to come ashore.

I see a slight blue-haired figure leaning against the rail of the ship. I can't put my finger on it, but he seems somehow familiar.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Okita sat in a chair staring out at the sea. The refreshment stand she ran had a perfect veiw of the ocean for which she was glad. She could stare out at the sea for hours and not get bored. It was a good thing because sometimes she got hardly any costumers and there was nothing else to do. "There's a boat coming in. That means there should be some good business for a while. I hope they're nicer than the last group of torrists who came to the island. At least have of them were very impationt and quite rude."

"Vaporeon."

"Hmm? Oh you're back Vaporeon. Good there's a boat coming in so we should go ahead and get ready." Okita stretched her arms and stood up.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    I watch a vaporean come out of the water and go up the beach. I believe it's Okita's, who owns a refreshment stand near my fishering supply store. I see I'm right when it goes up to Okita.

I saunter over to greet her. "Hi. Nice day, isn't it?" As I get closer I gesture toward the Milotic. "I think they're gonna be a good lot this time." I add optimistically. I shuffle my feet a little. "This may sound strange, but I think there's someone we know on board. I saw someone leaning on the rail as it docked who looked somewhat familiar, but I can't place him."

Years
    OOC: Sorry about the cruddy post... At PE2K, the War is about to break, and I'm trying to get ready for it.

IC:

The announcement beamed from a siren located just above Chad's head. The piercing sound reverberated throughout his eardrums, forcing any sleepiness that was still inside of him out. The ship was extremely elegant, exhibiting the very essences of luxury and relaxation. Though it possessed all of these qualities, Chad disliked it. He aspired for his skills and talents to be dulled, even for the slightest second. He wished to remain quick and steadfast, intelligent and always on the move. However, with a vessel such as the S.S. Milotic, that was not the case.

Chad watched as they lowered the docking board onto the harbor. A shiny metallic chain carefully unraveled by a pulley allowed for the ship to descend its passengers, all anticipating what would lie on Murcott Island. There were so many passengers, with each having their own history, their own goal, and their own destiny. Just what exactly would be Chad's?

The peculiar little blue mouse-like Pok?mon, Marill, had been resting inside Chad's crimson and pearl Pok?-Ball ever sense they had boarded the ship. Chad thought it best to let the Marill stretch its limbs, what little it had, and awake from the deep slumber it had invested much time in.

Stretching himself, Chad looked about. This was the start of a new day. This was the start of the time of his life...

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    "Yeah. At least I hope it will be. I don't think I know anyone who hasn't been here before." Okita looked at the ship but didn't see the boy. "Well maybe I'll see him later. If I can remember where I've seen him before, if I've seen him at all, I'll tell you." She smiled then lookeda t the boat again. "I have to start getting my little business ready. See you Alex." Okita and Vaporeon turned and went back into the refreshment stand.

justokre

Open your eyes.
    Years
    Tyler's sandals flopped underneath him, kicking up sand and he headed away from the docking point, unknowingly making it quite obvious that he was new here. Glancing around with interest at various places and things, he even walked into a tree at one point as he headed towards a village. Modest bag slung over his shoulders, he stopped near the entrance of the town, and glanced around for either some sort of social gethering place, or a real estate agent. He was here to stay, after all.

He murmured to himself, reaching a hand to scratch the back of his neck idly, and squinting in the sun.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    "Yeah, I'd better get back to my store." I say in farewell. Before I turn to go back, I see a black-headed guy about my age who'd just come of the Milotic looking around, and looking lost and bewildered..
    "Hey there," I wave as I call out. "Need help finding where to go?"

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    As the S.S. Miltoic docked, Rey quietly observed passengers slowly crowding about the boarding/landing plank. Not desiring to be in such company, the trainer quietly made his way to opposite side of the boat. Waiting for most of the people to finish exiting the boat, Rey then started down the plank and made his way onto the shore. Raising his head, he quietly breathed the sea air. Then this is Murcott . . . I feel . . . as though I know this place. The male's silvery eyes partially closed as he slid his hands casually into his pockets and leaned against a tropical tree. If only I knew . . . If I could be sure . . .

Whiteheaven

May find the power within.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2005
    Tsukari woke up in surprise when the speaker announce that she has arrived in the Murcott Island. She mumbled a bit, then stood up from a wooden chair, where she fallen asleep before this. She looked around, searching something.

"Shinsui!" She finally shouted when her eyes reached a Totodile who is messing Tsukari's backpack. "Gee, you must be very hungry. Sorry, Sui."

Tsukari grabs a blue pokeblock from her backpack and give it to the Totodile, who eats it happily. Tsukari smiled, then realize that S.S. Milotic is going to take off again.

"Come on, Shinsui, better hurry up," Tsukari said, then run outside her cabin with Sui chasing behind her.

Tsukari finally get out from S.S. Milotic, then look around for a second.

I'm here. Murcott Island. Will I meet new friends here? Hopefully.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    As I wait for the black-haired boy to reply, I look towards the where the Milotic is moored, hoping to catch a glimpse of the figure I'd seen at the ship's rail. At first, I don't see him. Then, I watch as a lone figure with dark-blue hair walks down the ramp. There's a certain way he holds himself... a sort of casual grace... that seems familiar.

I'm torn between going over and introduce myself to him and going back to my shop. He stands on the dock with his hands in his pocket. Before I know it, I approach him.

"Hi, I'm Al" I say stretching out my hand in an offer of a handshake. I look in his eyes...they're silver... I know I know this man... but I still cannot remember how I know him. "I'm sorry, but you look very familiar to me. What's your name?"

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Name: Jacob Devins
    Age [18+]: 33
    Village Position: Martial arts instructor
    Name of Store: Murcott Island Budokan

Physical desc: Hale and healthy, Jacob stands 6'3'' with curly brown hair cropped close to his skull and deep green eyes. Given his profession and pastimes, he's well-muscled and in excellent physical condition. He's permanantly tanned and weatherbeaten from spending too much time outdoors. Typically, he dresses in the gi and belt of a martial artist, though if he's going for a bike ride or similar acticity, he changes into something more suitable.

Emotional desc: He's not comfortable in the slightest in large-scale social situations, such as parties or dances. In small groups, though, he proves to be a joker, given to over-the-top dramatics just to get a laugh. He also has a long-bred love of the outdoors and is likely to cancel one of his classes at the Budokan simply because "It's too nice a day. Camping. Be back soon." When teaching his classes, though, he's quite stern, pushing his students to their absolute outer limits.

Roleplay Sample: I took careful aim, sure to line up my target's head perfectly in the crosshairs of the sniper scope. too easy. A slight movement of my finger, and... BANG! One annoying n00b who wouldn't be showing his face on this server anytime soon. Well, until after he said, u sniper *****! uz a rel wepon111 I grinned maniacly and blasted him again as he respawned.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Rey swiftly turned, his wintery eyes snapping fully open. For a long moment he studied the light-haired male that stood before him. Though the reasons were unknown to him, the trainer felt a strange shock as he viewed this unknown individual. Then, a slight explanation came as faint recognition passed through his mind. Finally, Rey slowly accepted the proferred hand, quietly answering, "Rey Schneider . . . and you?"

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    "Alex Duit, but everyone calls me Al. I own the fishing supply shop." I point over my shoulder. The way the dark-blue hair hangs and the shape of those silver eyes. I'm certain I know this man who stands before me, but, for the life of me, I've no idea how! "Have you lived here before?" I ask with my eyesbrows knit together in puzzlement.

justokre

Open your eyes.
    Years
    OOC: Bah! I was left behind! Sorry for slowness!

Tyler only stumbled shyly for words as a tall, rather slender guy looking to be about his own age questioned him. A moment of silence past before he just decided to smile. As another came by, he waited quietly as the two introduced themselves. The white-haired one that had greeted him was Al, and the darker haired one, though just as slean was Rey. Rey had come from behind him, apparently a newcomer as well.

"Supply shop? Do you have pok?balls?" he suddenly butted in, then took a step back, "Heh.. sorry..."
    He brought a hand up to scratch at the back of his neck nervously again, "I'm Tyler by the way."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    At Alex's question, Rey felt himself stiffen. Lowering his hand with a forced calm, he paused as he considered his answer to the question. "I . . . don't know," he finally said. He paused to study Alex's facial structure and azure eyes, recalling and observing his mannerisms. This . . . "Al" . . . he seems familiar--eerily so.

Glancing toward Tyler, Rey gave a rather stiff, yet vaguely polite nod. Clearly he was not terribly accustomed to close communication with other humans.

Then, directing his piercing, icy gaze directly toward Alex, Rey offered a rather odd question. "Do you think I've lived here before?"

Whiteheaven

May find the power within.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2005
    Tsukari walks around and noticed there are 3 guys gathering at a Fishing Supply shop. Another people looks a bit rude in Tsukari's eyes, so she decide to just ask the Fishing Supply shop for direction.

"Um, sorry, Do you know where is the Pokemon Center here?" Tsukari asks politely.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    OOC: I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here. If I am, I'll edit my post.

BIC: Before I can answer Rey, two people ask me questions. "Well, Tyler, I only sell surf balls and dive balls. Go on in and look around. I'll be back in in a moment." I turn to the lovely lady and smile apologetically, "Sorry, we don't have a Pokecenter here, yet. I think one's gonna be built soon, though. There's one open at the town on the other side of the island, though."

I turn back to Rey. "Um, to tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I've never been off this island, yet I'm sure I know you. So if you have never lived here...have you visited here before?" I smile nervously and scratch the back my head where there's a scar I got from an accident a long time ago. "I know I probably sound really wierd."

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Not as strange as you might think . . . Rey pauses as his glance passes over Tsukari and briefly studies Tyler. Then, returning his cold eyes to Alex, he quietly responds, "I may have been to this island before, though under what circumstances and of what nature my presence was . . . that I am unsure of." Closing his eyes, the trainer leans further against the wood structure behind him. "Whatever the case, both you and this island do seem familiar."

Last edited:

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    I nod. "Let's have dinner later, and we can talk about it then. I close shop at sundown. Maybe some nourishment will jog some of our sluggish memory." I chuckle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back