• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Orange Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

justokre

Open your eyes.
    Years
    Tyler gave a polite nod, muttering "Alright then."
    Feeling a bit uncomfortable by Rey's stare, he decided it best to just head towards Al's shop, rather than interupt the conversation any further. Turning towards the building that was obviously Al's shop, he began to head in that direction.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    I excuse myself to Rey. "I've gotta attend to business for now, though." I smile as I wave farewell, and go back to my store. "So, Tyler," I ask as I catch up to him, "Do you need fishing gear to help catch water pokemon? Everything I sell is handmade by mwa!" I announce proudly. "Except for the surf and dive balls, of course. I get those in bulk from Devon Corp. I throw in one surf ball for every P3,000 you spend."

justokre

Open your eyes.
    Years
    Tyler thought for a moment, unsure really. "Well," he started, "All I know is that I'd definitely like a pok?mon or two. I suppose a water type might be a good way to start..."
    He glanced around, once they had entered the shop. The various assortment seemed almost like an alien warehouse to him.
    "I guess a dive ball only works for deep ocean pok?mon... and a surf ball probably only works while I'm surfing on a pok?mon... right?" He stared at Al with an inquiring expression.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Rey nodded slightly before turning away. His hands remaining in his pockets, the trainer made his way quietly down the shore--his course slightly above the highest tideline. For several minutes he walked in silence, the silver of his eyes gradually overwhelming the pale blue. Then, pausing, he turned his gaze toward the ocean. Breathing deeply of the cool air, his eyes gently closed. The peace of isolation . . . naught can match it.

Lowering himself into a sit onto the dry sand, Rey continued to view the ocean. This island seems so quaint and innocent--a strange experience after my travels. The male gently removed a small shell from the tideline and fingered it thoughtfully, rubbing damp sand from its surface. But, were any of the Orange Islands I visited so different? I suppose . . . this island may be more innocent than even others of the Orange Islands. But . . . The shell snapped. It feels unnatural.

Turning his glance downward at the shell fragments now lying in his palm, Rey sighed quietly. Is this the Island of my origin? And if it is, what does that mean? If I was born on Murcott Island . . . then what? Rey's hand closed tightly about the broken pieces. I don't know--not yet. And I can't assume or be too hopeful. Life's purpose seems to be to disappoint me. All I can do is expect the worse . . . or expect nothing. The shell fragments were cast into the air before landing in the shifting tide.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    "Actually, the term surf ball is a misnomer. The ball works on all water pokemon. You could be fishing from the shore, and it'll work. You're right about the dive ball, though. I've a variety of poles for catching the water pokemon. Some are easier to use than others. This little babe here is great for the fishing novice." I pick up a 5' long pole I'd made of bamboo. "It's strong, yet flexible, and the reel is so simple, a baby could use it."

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    OOC: Jacob, you're in. Sorry everyone! I've been busy with the end of school and everything! That was an example of what NOT to do if you sign up for an RP. I'll be active from now on ^-^ And Al Duit, we WILL have a Pok?Center, but it's currently being built.

BIC:

Ken'ichi watched the town from his second story office above the town hall. He could see the villagers going about their daily lives. A smile spread across his face. All was well, and with some luck he'd be elected for a second term.

With a sudden briskness he went over to his desk to look at the plans for the new Pok?mon Center. Nurse Joy had arrived with the ship, so that part of the plan was already in motion. But he still needed some carpenters. Ken grabbed some papers off his desk and walked out of the room.

"Oh! Hi Ken'ichi!" His secretary beamed.

"Erm, hi Norma! I'm just going out to put these flyers up.

"Ok, well, take care! I'll tidy up your office while you're gone! Bye."

"Thanks...bye!" He walked quickly out of the office and sighed. He hated that woman, but couldn't bear to fire her.

He walked down the stairs and exited the City Hall building. The steamy, hot air hit him like a wall. That's why he loved Murcott. It was summer all year round. Some citizens greeted him as he walked to the center of the town. He politly replied, but didn't stop to chat. When he got there, he taped the leaflets to the NEWS board. OOC: It's a cork board BIC: The flyers read:

"CARPENTERS WANTED. POKEMON CENTER BEING BUILT. INQUIRE AT CITY HALL."

Smiling at his work, he headed off for lunch, still unsure of where he was going to go to eat.

OOC: Does anyone want to sign up as Nurse Joy?

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    OOC: I edited my post that said we had no Pokecenter...now it says we don't have one yet. Is that alright? :)

BIC: Before Tyler can say he wasn't interested, I put the pole down. "I'll just let you browse. Just remember, all my merchandise has a money back guarantee. If you have any questions, I'll be over there." I motion towards the back of the store where I needed to tidy up a bit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    OOC: That's fine.

BIC:
    Ken'ichi changed directions when he saw a group of people by the fishing supply shop. He went over to them, just to make chitchat.

As he came nearer, he greeted them.

"Hello everyone! Beautiful weather, eh?"

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    I whooped with glee, shooting off of a small overhang on my bike. It was a great day, and... WHAM! I came down hard. Too hard. I heard both of my tires pop and the hiss of air rushing out of them. Dismounting my cycle, I let out a stream of profanity to make a drunken sailor look like my grandmother. I began walking my cycle back to my small apartment above my dojo for a quick repair. No way in hell a piddling litle busted tube was gona make me miss my bike ride. On my way back, I passed by the bait and tackle shop, noticing a few people hanging around.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    OOC: I'm a little behind in this thread. ^_^' Sp I'm going to say goodbye and leave this RPG.

justokre

Open your eyes.
    Years
    Tyler chuckled at the shopkeeper, then inquired first, "Well, sounds fine to me... but two questions... how much is a rod and a few balls going to cost me... and what kind of pok?mon am I gonna find around here?" He spoke the question, but wasn't making eye contact. Instead, he was busy inspecting the bamboo pole.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    "The pole you're looking at is only P500, surf balls run P1000 each, and dive balls are P1500 each. If you want to catch larger fish, I suggest a heavier pole, like this one here." I point out a 10' pole. "Along the beach here there are a lot of corphish, krabbies, etc. Sometimes you can find a schuckle hiding under a rock. Fishing, you could catch anything from a magikarp or feebas to lanturn, horsea, etc. At night you might be able to catch a staryu or two. Perhaps even evolved forms of those I've mentioned. There are more kinds in the Murcott Forest." I say, cheerfully.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    OOC: Pretty much teh boat just docked, and everyone's gathered around the Bait and tackle shop talking =3 Nothing important has gone on.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    OOC: not much really, I have a customer. perhaps you could sell a drink to him after he comes out of my shop since my shop is near your refreshment stand ;)

BIC: I hear someone talking outside my store. I look out the window and see Mayor Ken'ichi. "Heya," I wave at him. "Yes, it's great! Come in here a moment, please. There's something I want to ask you."

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Ken turned towards Alex.

"Why hi Alex! Nice to see you! I'd be glad to." Ken'ichi walked into Al's shop.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    "Well, Mayor, I was just wondering. Do you remember anyone who used to live here who had dark blue hair and silver eyes? There's a guy who just arrived on the ship who seems so familiar to me. I spoke with him, and he's....well..." I shake my head as I try to find the correct words. I rub the back of my head, as the scar there starts to throb,"Well, Rey's his name, and he seems rather confused as to wether he's been here or not...kind of like me when I hurt my head when I was a kid. I still don't know how that happened!"

OOC: As if you couldn't notice, Kogenta and I are playing off each other with a storyline.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    I stopped in front of a refreshment stand, Tropical Chillers. Waving a brief hello to the owner, I pulled out my wallet and asked "How much for a peach smoothie?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back