• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ORAS OU team

Years
  • Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've last been on these forums but that's besides the point. I'm coming at you guys with a team I've built to try in ORAS OU. I think it's pretty good except it can be better. So here we go!

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
    Impish Nature
    IVs: 0 SpA
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - U-turn

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Psyshock
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Fire Blast
    - Moonblast
    - Wish

I feel like this team struggles a bit with Keldeo once Starmie dies. I also feel like this team also struggles with choice scarf T-tar. Other than that I haven't noticed any problems, but I will continue to test this team out and post any other flaws I've noticed.

But suggestions are always welcome. Thanks!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not entirely sure why you'd find Keldeo a major problem when you have 3-4 checks to it already. Even Keldeo+Scarf T-tar cores shouldn't be a huge issue since you carry checks for both of them. Clefable in particular can kiiiiiiiiiiinda check them both.

Though speaking of Clef, it might be better to run a set with Magic Guard and different EVs to give better all-around bulk. Being immune to the status damage and entry hazards is amazing, especially when combined with its bulk and things like Calm Mind and recovery. Up to you though, maybe you've found that you really need Unaware and Wish on this team during your time with it.

Also I take it Thunderbolt on Latios is for Slowbro and Starmie or something?

Years
  • Ah ok thanks for the suggestions. I'll test them out pretty soon. Also I'm a bit rusty at competitive which is why I think I struggle against Keldeo (specifically choice scarf with scald and icy wind), and Ttar as well. Also the Magnezone suggestion seems nice but I haven't seen Volcanion at all. On top of that, my experiences with Magnezone have been somewhat bad. To me it's a poke that sometimes doesn't do much and ends up dying, but I'll try it out along with the other suggestions.

The reason I have tbolt on my Latios is to check belly drum azumarill and I guess coverage. As for Clefable, I prefer unaware because I see a lot of people like to set up and wish gets me free switch ins most of the time.

Edit: So my team is weak, or at least I think it is, to weavile + defensive garchomp core. While I have the coverage moves to take them on, I simply couldn't get through it. Maybe I was over predicting too much because my opponent did not switch as much as I thought he would.

Last edited:
    Back