• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original Jungle Set-Mr Mime

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    I have a Mr. Mime from the Jungle set, that doesnt actually have the Jungle symbol on it, does this mean it is a fake? If it is, I will buy another I think. I remember noticing it years and years ago, and not particularly caring, but I would now like my set to be complete, no fakes :)

Years
  • According to Bulbapedia's article on the card, some of the first cards from the Unlimited print run (meaning the ones without the little "1" in the black circle) had the symbol missing.

And remember that each holo from that set has a non-holo version that's a different collector's number. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Sorry its the Holo version, my non holo version has the symbol.

What black circle are you talking about, I cant see one on there?

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • The first edition Jungle cards have a "1" in a black circle on them. If you look at pokebeach.com under Card Scans, go to Classic Sets > Jungle, and click on Mr. Mime, the scan they have posted is from 1st ed, you will see what he means. I think you have the misprint from the Unlimited run. Cool!

Years
  • I have a Mr. Mime from the Jungle set, that doesnt actually have the Jungle symbol on it, does this mean it is a fake? If it is, I will buy another I think. I remember noticing it years and years ago, and not particularly caring, but I would now like my set to be complete, no fakes :)

I have this with a kangaskhan jungle holo, no flower on it

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    oh ok cool thanks guys! My cards must all be from the 2nd edition as I can only find one with the circle thing on it that you were talking about (a machamp) So thats good to know :)

Back