• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Otaku's First Greeting

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    Hello, everyone! I'm ChaoticOtaku183, but you can just call me "Chao," "Chaotic," or "Otaku" if you feel like that's too long. I've been a fan of Pokemon for years now and over the past few years have dabbled in playing a few ROM Hacks and fangames here and there. And today I decided to properly become a member of the forums! I do hope to make some friends here, as well as discuss what our favorite Pokemon are, what ideas we have, among a few other things to chat about.

To know some stuff about me personally, I'm a fan of Poison-type Pokemon (with Muk being my favorite of all-time), Skyla's my favorite Gym Leader of Generation V, I'm an aspiring writer, artist and voice actor who does these things for fun, and I have my own ideas for a potential Pokemon Fangame! (Even though I'm not good with programming and the innerworkings of making a hack or game from scratch.)

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Years
  • Hello, ChaoticOtaku183, and welcome to the forums!
    Don't worry about your name's length, I have seen some longer than that! Like mine! ^^
    I'm always happy to meet more pokémon fans who have been into it for years, and I'm always up for new friends!
    What is your favourite pokémon ?
    It's nice to see pokémon like Muk get some love!

I look forward to see the arts, the stories, ... you will produce!
    Best of luck with your fangame idea!
    I sure am eager to hear more from you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    Hello, ChaoticOtaku183, and welcome to the forums!
    Don't worry about your name's length, I have seen some longer than that! Like mine! ^^
    I'm always happy to meet more pokémon fans who are into it for years, and I'm always up for new friends!
    What is your favourite pokémon ?
    It's nice to see pokémon like Muk get some love!

I look forward to see the arts, the stories, ... you will produce!
    Best of luck with your fangame idea!
    I sure am eager to hear more from you!

Hello, Gardevoir! Like I said before, Muk's my all-time favorite Pokemon among all the 900+ introduced, as well as amongst the Poison-types in general. Though in terms of other favorites, there's Gardevoir, Torkoal, Serperior, Decidueye, the Scorbunny family line, Ursaluna, Chikorita and Cyndaquil family lines, to name a few at the top of my head.

I would still really love to get my fangame idea off the ground, though I really, really need some help with that kind of stuff. I'm not really seeing myself as a programmer and more of a writer for this sort of thing. Though if there's a forum or place where I can talk about looking for help on getting this game off the ground, then that would be appreciated at least. Either way, thanks for giving me a warm welcome, Gardevoir!

Years
  • Hello, Gardevoir! Like I said before, Muk's my all-time favorite Pokemon among all the 900+ introduced, as well as amongst the Poison-types in general. Though in terms of other favorites, there's Gardevoir, Torkoal, Serperior, Decidueye, the Scorbunny family line, Ursaluna, Chikorita and Cyndaquil family lines, to name a few at the top of my head.

I would still really love to get my fangame idea off the ground, though I really, really need some help with that kind of stuff. I'm not really seeing myself as a programmer and more of a writer for this sort of thing. Though if there's a forum or place where I can talk about looking for help on getting this game off the ground, then that would be appreciated at least. Either way, thanks for giving me a warm welcome, Gardevoir!

You are welcome! ^^
    These are nice pokémon indeed! In these, I especially like Gardevoir (but you may already have guessed ^^), Serperior, Decidueye and Cyndaquil (my starters for, respectively, Black 2, Ultra Moon and Gold).
    You can find the general folder about fangames here. It regroups :

- the Fan Game Hub (general discussions about all things fan games with topics relating to both ROM hacks and SDK-based fan games),

- the Decomps and Disassemblies (where you will find the help to develop your decompilation or disassembly-based hack),

- the Game Development (your number one stop for anything related to creating games, except ROM hacks, and to make your own),

- the ROM Hacks Studio (the best place on the web to find ROM hacks, to browse this forum's curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members, to patch, play, and enjoy),

- the Games Showcase (for non-ROM hacked games created by the community, where you can browse the collection or post your own),

- the Resources (to expand your fan game, find graphics, music, code, tools and more to set your fan game apart, or expand the resource library with your own amazing contributions)

- the Recruitment (to recruit people for your project or to offer services for a project ; threads in this section are subject to moderator approval - please allow 24-48 hours after posting to follow-up with staff).

I hope this helps! ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Chao! Welcome to the community! I guess I can forgive you for liking Poison types. I mean, there are some proper badass Pokémon in that type.. but I'm still gonna keep an eye on you!

Haha, I'm just kidding. Definitely looking forward to seeing what kind of stuff you bring to the game development forums! Happy posting! :D

Years
  • Hello =)
    Since you like Muk, how do you feel about it's Alolan form?
    Also yay for a fellow Chikorita lover, it's pretty rare @_@

Good luck with your fangame endeavors =3

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    Hey Chao! Welcome to the community! I guess I can forgive you for liking Poison types. I mean, there are some proper badass Pokémon in that type.. but I'm still gonna keep an eye on you!

Haha, I'm just kidding. Definitely looking forward to seeing what kind of stuff you bring to the game development forums! Happy posting! :D

I appreciate the support! Sadly I'm not really good with game developing at all or have any prior knowledge experience. Best I have is writing and coming up with ideas, so I don't think my ideas would be good enough to talk about in a forum. Especially since I don't have any proof of concepts. But again, appreciate the support!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    I really like the Alolan forms of the Grimer family and the inspiration for their designs. The solidified waste definitely gives it more of that "monstrous" factor. However, I still prefer the original since it was more simple and I just love the color purple in general and slimes. Although I will also give credit that they have one of my personal favorite typings, that being Poison/Dark, which means it only has one weakness; meaning that its biggest threat is really Hapu and nobody else.

Back