• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other trainers using Mega Evolution

Kaon

Cheese Whiz
Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    Usually, it will say something like "The foe [z]'s [y] is reacting to [x]'s Mega Ring!"

In the games, other trainers usually have specific items as Mega Evolution triggers, like say Maxie and his Mega Glasses, so it would instead say "The foe Camerupt's Cameruptite is reacting to Maxie's Mega Glasses!"

How do I go about having specific trainers get different messages when they trigger their Pokémon's Mega?

Years
  • Usually, it will say something like "The foe [z]'s [y] is reacting to [x]'s Mega Ring!"

In the games, other trainers usually have specific items as Mega Evolution triggers, like say Maxie and his Mega Glasses, so it would instead say "The foe Camerupt's Cameruptite is reacting to Maxie's Mega Glasses!"

How do I go about having specific trainers get different messages when they trigger their Pokémon's Mega?

Find this line and add the red parts
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]case ownername
    when "Leader Maxie"
    pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} is reacting to {3}'s Mega Glasses!",
           @battlers[index].pbThis,
           PBItems.getName(@battlers[index].item),
           ownername))
    else[/COLOR]
    pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} is reacting to {3}'s Mega Ring!",
           @battlers[index].pbThis,
           PBItems.getName(@battlers[index].item),
           ownername))
    [COLOR="red"]end[/COLOR]

The case is checking the full name if it's not for your player, so it'll be the trainer type + the trainer's name, note my example.

Kaon

Cheese Whiz
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    It works if I have a set name for the trainer, but what if I want to apply it to a rival (with a name that can be changed by the player, so it's not really set)?

Also, what if I'm applying it to multiple trainers? Should I just copy/paste the red parts, as well as add extra "end"s?

Years
  • It works if I have a set name for the trainer, but what if I want to apply it to a rival (with a name that can be changed by the player, so it's not really set)?

Also, what if I'm applying it to multiple trainers? Should I just copy/paste the red parts, as well as add extra "end"s?

For multiple trainers, just add extra "when" statements about the else.
    As for the rival, you can just check the name against wherever the rivals name is stored
    Code:
    when "Rival #{$game_variables[12]}"
    Assuming the trainer type is rival, and the name is stored in variable 12

Kaon

Cheese Whiz
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    Sweet, everything works great!

Thank you so much!

Back