• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    It doesn't have minigames. This is hardly a Coliseum game. I am offended and I am considering not purchasing this title based on this information.

All of the console games which allowed you to upload your pokemon since this point, included some kind of minigame.

This one does not. What does Gamefreak think they can slide just because it's the first Wii game to support random wifi multiplayer?

This title is offensive to me, but I won't decide whether or not to buy it, after I play it. I'm going to rent it today.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The stadium games have always been about one thing: battling. That's all that matters. If you want minigames, go play Mario Party. Leave PBR to people actually interested in serious battling.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    All of the console games which allowed you to upload your pokemon since this point, included some kind of minigame.

Some kind? Like... what? Pokemon console games were battling and strategy and stuff. Don't like it? Well, everyone has their opinions on what genre they like. I personally like fighting and strategy games.

The stadium games have always been about one thing: battling. That's all that matters. If you want minigames, go play Mario Party. Leave PBR to people actually interested in serious battling.

This is exactly what I mean.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Hey, I am allowed to express my anger of their changing of format. The previous stadium games were gems because they were more than extensions of the gameboy games.
    I mean really, for me this could be a deal breaker. I'm certain I'm not the only pokemon fan who feels this way either.

Ichida

Years
    Stadium had minigames so it could cater to the kind of n00b children that don't care about serious battling. Again I say to you that if you're playing Stadium or PBR only because of minigames, go play Mario Party. Pokemon is about battling, not minigames. I am glad they removed the minigames, because it places the focus where it should be: battling.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    But it makes the game nothing but a stupid marketing ploy.
    Even the Writers of NP feel the same. The game got a 6.5 because it's just battling.
    The game is worthless without diamond and pearl and they have the balls to charge 50 dollars for it? Yeah right. But even then, Mario Party 8 stinks, and isn't pokemon themed.
    Besides, I like Wii play and Wii sports more anyway, lol.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    But it makes the game nothing but a stupid marketing ploy.
    Even the Writers of NP feel the same. The game got a 6.5 because it's just battling.
    The game is worthless without diamond and pearl and they have the balls to charge 50 dollars for it? Yeah right. But even then, Mario Party 8 stinks, and isn't pokemon themed.
    Besides, I like Wii play and Wii sports more anyway, lol.

So... well, sometimes, no, all the time, people will have different opinions about the games that THEY like. Pokemon fans like me and Ichida always loved the BATTLING part of the game. If it got minigames, it would feel kinda gimmicked, wouldn't it? And just because it isn't Pokemon themed doesn't mean Mario Party 8 is a bad game.

--via Wii Opera Browser

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    No, Mario Party 8 is a bad game because the cpu cheats, because it's the same old tired games, all over again.
    I mean, it might be more fun if I was playing drunk.

But also, it might have felt a tad bit gimmicked, but to me it seems like a tradition, one that they broke. And I'm not going to buy a game just to see them battle in 3d.
    50 bucks for that? no thanks.

I'll wait until it's either super cheap or until they realize their mistake and make a better one.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2007
    It doesn't have minigames. This is hardly a Coliseum game. I am offended and I am considering not purchasing this title based on this information.

This one does not. What does Gamefreak think they can slide just because it's the first Wii game to support random wifi multiplayer?

This title is offensive to me, but I won't decide whether or not to buy it, after I play it. I'm going to rent it today.

well i say 1 less uber user, out of the way

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    well i say 1 less uber user, out of the way

Is it so wrong to use one or two legendaries, even if you raised them? Anyway, I wouldn't use just legendaries, I'd have a couple of teams. I'd probably want to play with my weakest team all the time (all bidoofs) just to make people laugh.

Ichida

Years
    Yes it is. Legendaries aren't for real competition. The only one laughing if you used your Bidoof team would be me after I OHKO every last one of them.

We love PBR because of the beautifully realistic battles in the amazingly rendered environments, and the fact that they finally got the message about customizable trainers. If PBR doesn't call to your fighting soul, then you probably aren't that much of a trainer anyways. Leave this game to the serious competitors.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    No, I'd be laughing too. Who expects to win with a team of all bidoofs?

Anyway, I still think this particular one is an abomination. I hope they come out with a sequel that makes their random wifi battles improved, include a minigame portion (even Diamond and Pearl have minigames..), and add a RPG portion.

The creating a character part is neat, but you can't do anything with it. I'm reminded of Wrestle Mania 2000. Great game, but then they released Wrestle Mania: No Mercy.
    Which was 2000, only better.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    Even if I don't have the game, let me state a benefit: online battling. Pretty soon all them n00bs who use ubers will change their minds. Since D/P didn't have Wi-fi capabilities like Battle Revolution, just copy your Pokemon to battle someone from Japan! Great, now I can't wait to get the game.

--via Wii Opera Browser

Ichida

Years
    Because you know that any trainer you aren't familiar with is probably going to be more serious about battling, more skilled in raising, and have an actually well-trained battle team? I don't blame you.

Xionixx

Twin Lair Third Elite
    Years
    No, I'd be laughing too. Who expects to win with a team of all bidoofs?

Anyway, I still think this particular one is an abomination. I hope they come out with a sequel that makes their random wifi battles improved, include a minigame portion (even Diamond and Pearl have minigames..), and add a RPG portion.

The creating a character part is neat, but you can't do anything with it. I'm reminded of Wrestle Mania 2000. Great game, but then they released Wrestle Mania: No Mercy.
    Which was 2000, only better.

Alright, I'd say it'd be for there to be minigames, but I don't think you should bash the game because of the lack of minigames.

A simple way to say would be: It's a great game that serves its purpose well, but could be improved if it had something else but the colosseum battles (especially sunset...)

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Well, I think it's a strong statement to not include minigames as a tradition. I also think paying 50 dollars just to watch them battle in 3D is ridiculous.
    It's not a bad game, I never said that. If they had released it for 30 dollars, I wouldn't have that much of a problem.

Ichida

Years
    Yes, it's a strong statement that they're starting to realize that a competitive community has emerged, and we don't give a flying crap about minigames; we just want the battles.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    I'm not buying this title new, that's all I'm saying. It's a waste of money for 50 dollars and they don't even include minigames, which is a pokemon tradition.

Ichida

Years
    I see. Instead of playing the game, you'd rather complain about it, then buy it later when you have enough pocket change. What a hypocrite... buying a game or not because of its price is a disgrace to the very essence of gaming. If a good game comes out, buy it and play it ASAP. If you don't have the money, spend the time before the games out acquiring the money needed. I even pay off the entire cost of the game in advance, so as soon as it comes in, I have it without risk of it being out of stock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back