• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xionixx

Twin Lair Third Elite
    Years
    Yes, it's a strong statement that they're starting to realize that a competitive community has emerged, and we don't give a flying crap about minigames; we just want the battles.

If you only cared about the battles you would've stuck with DP. DP is all battles. Or played Netbattle, so no, it's not just about the battles.

I bought mine new, for the full 50, and I find it to be really good. It's addictive too. Nothing like battling some novices to get some money to get ANOTHER jacket. It may not sound like it, but it is.

I really don't do online battles yet, I will when I beat the game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Minigames aren't really a tradition, I don't remember any in Colisseum or XD. But I do agree with one thing in this entire topic: I really don't want to spend $50 on PBR if it's entirely old-school battling. I'd like to at least see something like the Gym Leader Tower return, but just battling and character customization isn't worth $50 to me. That's what I got Pearl Version for.

Xionixx

Twin Lair Third Elite
    Years
    Minigames aren't really a tradition, I don't remember any in Colisseum or XD. But I do agree with one thing in this entire topic: I really don't want to spend $50 on PBR if it's entirely old-school battling. I'd like to at least see something like the Gym Leader Tower return, but just battling and character customization isn't worth $50 to me.

Yeah I can see why it wouldn't. Some people are just getting a little too worked up about the game.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Because you know that any trainer you aren't familiar with is probably going to be more serious about battling, more skilled in raising, and have an actually well-trained battle team? I don't blame you.

No, because it's because I have friends who I find more interesting than some random person online.
    I myself have read up on building teams, EVs, STABS, FEARS, Natures, and what not. I expect my friends to do the same. I might play online a little bit, but I am mostly interested in playing my close friends. Because we can talk and communicate and work together to make our teams better.

I see. Instead of playing the game, you'd rather complain about it, then buy it later when you have enough pocket change. What a hypocrite... buying a game or not because of its price is a disgrace to the very essence of gaming. If a good game comes out, buy it and play it ASAP. If you don't have the money, spend the time before the games out acquiring the money needed. I even pay off the entire cost of the game in advance, so as soon as it comes in, I have it without risk of it being out of stock.

No, I rented the game to see if I enjoy it. I read reviews on it, and even Nintendo Power gave it a 6.5 out of ten, which is lower than Mario Party even. A real gamer knows the value of things and can understand that instead of wasting 50 bucks on the game new, they could pick it up cheaper later (when there are more likely more players), and spend the money on something else, like maybe Half-life 2. A gamer has to be smart with his money. He has to read reviews, and figure out if the game is worth his money and his time. What you're describing, Ichida is the habits of a fanboy, who buys whatever it is, regardless of it's drawbacks right away, only to discover later that infact the game was a waste of money.

50 bucks for a game rated 6.5 by the company that released it? I don't think so.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    If you only cared about the battles you would've stuck with DP. DP is all battles. Or played Netbattle, so no, it's not just about the battles.

Netbattle requires no effort. Battling with EV trained Pokemon in the real game is a badge of accomplishment. PBR is a better place to do battles since they're more fun to watch in animated 3D on a big TV rather than just the sprites of the DS.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Netbattle requires no effort. Battling with EV trained Pokemon in the real game is a badge of accomplishment. PBR is a better place to do battles since they're more fun to watch in animated 3D on a big TV rather than just the sprites of the DS.

Sprites are an art form all of their own. Once you can author a brilliant looking game, just using 2d sprites, you can argue which is better. But from what I hear, they were lazy with some of the models in PBR. I myself have done some 3D modelling, and I can understand the idea to be a little lazy, especially with something like pokemon. But to charge 50 bucks for it?

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010

I agree with OT trainer that sprites are an art form, but we do enjoy big 3d monsters =D and thats what this game provides. if you dont like it, then just dont buy it. it did was it claimed to do, give 3d battles.

Ichida

Years
    And I don't buy games blindly. Every game I buy, I watch video clips on YouTube first to see if it has good gameplay.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    It doesn't have minigames. This is hardly a Coliseum game. I am offended and I am considering not purchasing this title based on this information.

Outrage

Now, I think you should buy it for the battle sake. Screw minigames.

Are you that picky to not buy something just because it doesn't have all of your expectations? lolroflomg.

Siigari

NU Addict
    Years
    This thread is funny.

Nobody is pulling anyone's arm to buy a game.

But if you haven't bought it, don't be all upset about a game you haven't purchased. Leave that to the people that dropped the fifty bones to play it.

PoetikaL

The Shiny Hunter
    Years
    As I read this, you are basing this game mostly on the score it has got on gaming sites. Why don't you focus less on what other people rate the game, and try to play it for your own enjoyment, if you want to rant, go into the thread about Bad Games, Graphics....w/e it's called instead of making new threads to make your post count higher.

Reason people bought PBR is for one thing: Battling

I, and I bet a lot of people here, kept up to date about the game before it was released here and knew that it was gonna be soley for battling and online play, no more, no less.

Go rant somewhere else.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    The stadium games have always been about one thing: battling. That's all that matters. If you want minigames, go play Mario Party. Leave PBR to people actually interested in serious battling.

Pokemon serious? lol thats sounds so funny! with simple plots, no character personality, mindless collecting of pokemon. it dosent sond too serious..

anyway, minigames are needed, i mean like if youre bored of battling, you could just start playing some fun games.
    I mean for god sakes the wii-mote was basically made for minigames you could make so many..

shadowcreep

Artiste
    Years
    Pokemon serious? lol thats sounds so funny! with simple plots, no character personality, mindless collecting of pokemon. it dosent sond too serious..

anyway, minigames are needed, i mean like if youre bored of battling, you could just start playing some fun games.
    I mean for god sakes the wii-mote was basically made for minigames you could make so many..

What you listed has nothing to do with the battles except maybe collecting and some people take it very serious and thats their personal choice.

On the subject of mini games if you get bored of battling turn off the game and do something else

Ichida

Years
    Serious about the BATTLES, for the *insert random number*th time, people! Why do so few people understand?!

shadowcreep

Artiste
    Years
    if your talking to me i meant to say serious about the battles >_> i can't type my mind always strays i get the game was made soley for purpose of battling and i have no objections with it

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Fist off, the pokemon stadium games were created a long time ago, after the stadium games, they came out with colosseum and colosseum 2, thats when this so called "tradition" was broken. Don't just take out all your anger on PBR, which in my opinion is one of the best Pokemon games to date: Why? Because the graphixs are amazing, the lighting effects are perfect, and its all about battling. Now the colosseum werent as good as they could of been, but still.

And you are affended by this O_o, I'm sorry, but being affended by something like this just strikes me a bit on the stupid side. No offense though.
    But anyway, PBR did not brake any tradition, this is now more of a tradition than the minigames, seeing how this is the third game to come out like this, unlike stadium 1, and 2.

In my opinion, the minigames were boring, "Hey what do you wanna ado, I dunno, wanna go cut some logs with a couple of Scythers and Pincers?" O__o
    What is that? I'll tell you what that is, stupid. If you wanna play pokemon mini games, then play pokemon trozie or something. And so what if you get bored, if you do, just turn off the game.

And the battling is even better in this becuase the Pokemon physically attack each other, they don't just stand still and make a kicking motion or whatever.

But whatever, its your opinion, you are expressing yours, and I'm expressing mine. So, if decide to buy it, buy it, if not, then whatever. Its your choice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2007
    How can you complain that it's $50? It's a Wii game!!!!!!! In case you didn't notice, the Wii is a new system. Shocking, I know, but it's true. They're not going to put a game out for their system for $30 right off the bat, that wouldn't be smart Marketing wise. In my opinion, you're just being cheap, and want a game for the Wii because you weren't smart and bought a Wii without having money, that's why you enjoy Wii Sports and Wii Play so much. It's either that, or you want a fun multiplayer game, and that's not what Pokemon Battle Revolution seems to be intended for. I'm done my rant.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I personally think you're all taking this way too seriously. Ian's whining about no button-mashing mini games while Uchiha's spending all of his time contradicting every statement thrown at him.

This is how I see it.

You buy a game because you like it, not because of another's opinion. Basically, you're saying that if Nintendo Power gave Twilight Princess a five out of ten, then there's no way in hell you would play it. You're also implying that, for example, that you wouldn't go near a Super Smash Brothers game because your favorite characters from the original didn't make it into the new one.

If you don't like PBR's lack of mini games and a gym leader tower (do you not fight almost every Colosseum Leader in the game in the Stargazer Colosseum?), then go buy a used copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 and a cheap N64. Or, as stated before, buy a Mario Party game.

If you don't want to pay $50 for a game another source has told you is not worth it, then don't buy it. Obviously, that other source controls your life and the decisions you make. If they tell you "Monster Rancher for the Gameboy Color is the best game EVER", then hell, run to your nearest computer and order it on eBay.

Now stop with the pointless arguing.

SkywolfDragon

"Now, let's see how you dance!
    Years
    I personally think you're all taking this way too seriously. Ian's whining about no button-mashing mini games while Uchiha's spending all of his time contradicting every statement thrown at him.

This is how I see it.

You buy a game because you like it, not because of another's opinion. Basically, you're saying that if Nintendo Power gave Twilight Princess a five out of ten, then there's no way in hell you would play it. You're also implying that, for example, that you wouldn't go near a Super Smash Brothers game because your favorite characters from the original didn't make it into the new one.

If you don't like PBR's lack of mini games and a gym leader tower (do you not fight almost every Colosseum Leader in the game in the Stargazer Colosseum?), then go buy a used copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 and a cheap N64. Or, as stated before, buy a Mario Party game.

If you don't want to pay $50 for a game another source has told you is not worth it, then don't buy it. Obviously, that other source controls your life and the decisions you make. If they tell you "Monster Rancher for the Gameboy Color is the best game EVER", then hell, run to your nearest computer and order it on eBay.

Now stop with the pointless arguing.

Harsh. You definatly told them off. PBR is about battling and It is offering what it would said it would do. I think ot IAN is saying it should be more like an combo of PBR & Colosseum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back