• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    PBR is a refined game meant for a specific crowd. It's not meant for beginning players, or Adventure/RPG fans, it's for those loyal players who have seen their hard raised pokemon from Ruby/sapphire on up survive for three plus years to finally witness a game that allows them to shine. Mini games would be superficial. Although a real story would be nice, I'm perfectly fine without it. It's for battlers. Read the title. Pokemon Battle Revolution.

This is about innovating and upgrading the way you battle, not about being a Wii Pokemon Stadium. This is about testing your metle, to improve via purchasing items that are helpful for battles, or decking out your trainer to show off even more while you battle. This isn't your school yard sandbox, kiddies. This is the testing grounds for the elite. This is what Net battle wishes it could do. THis is where you truly say "Am I good enough?" This isn't local wifi. This isn't the kid down the street. This is the entire world, no holds barred battleground. This is the only thing that DP can't do, and should have been able to do. Wifi battles are strictly level 50, and if they aren't level 50 they are MADE level 50, did you know that? So it comes down to how well you breeded and raised your pokemon. not about who has the higher level. This game sets up a true pokemon battling network. Instead of looking at all the superficial, meaningless tag ons you might find elsewhere, how about looking at what this game is truly capable of?

Now if you don't feel you'd enjoy the game, that's fine, don't buy it. But little fishies shouldn't make fun of the big pond, unless they want to get eaten.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    PBR is a refined game meant for a specific crowd. It's not meant for beginning players, or Adventure/RPG fans, it's for those loyal players who have seen their hard raised pokemon from Ruby/sapphire on up survive for three plus years to finally witness a game that allows them to shine. Mini games would be superficial. Although a real story would be nice, I'm perfectly fine without it. It's for battlers. Read the title. Pokemon Battle Revolution.

This is about innovating and upgrading the way you battle, not about being a Wii Pokemon Stadium. This is about testing your metle, to improve via purchasing items that are helpful for battles, or decking out your trainer to show off even more while you battle. This isn't your school yard sandbox, kiddies. This is the testing grounds for the elite. This is what Net battle wishes it could do. THis is where you truly say "Am I good enough?" This isn't local wifi. This isn't the kid down the street. This is the entire world, no holds barred battleground. This is the only thing that DP can't do, and should have been able to do. Wifi battles are strictly level 50, and if they aren't level 50 they are MADE level 50, did you know that? So it comes down to how well you breeded and raised your pokemon. not about who has the higher level. This game sets up a true pokemon battling network. Instead of looking at all the superficial, meaningless tag ons you might find elsewhere, how about looking at what this game is truly capable of?

Now if you don't feel you'd enjoy the game, that's fine, don't buy it. But little fishies shouldn't make fun of the big pond, unless they want to get eaten.

I couldn't have said it better.

Yes, PBR is for a specific crowd, its not for going on an adventure, or playing little games that include pokemon cutting logs or anything else, this "is" what Pokemon is all about, battling. In my opinion, if you don't like battling with Pokemon, then why play Pokemon at all? Yeah, breeding is fun along with entering your pokemon in contests, but battling is the main thing. Mabye Nintendo and Pokemon will come out with a Poke Mini Game thingy, and mabye even a Contest game, but this is it. Battling determines who's the best, not who can charge up the most energy with a voltorb.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
    While I agree minigames wouldn't hurt the game, they're not really needed. It would make the game more open to certain people, but since the day pokemon was created the core of the games has been battling. All the games that didn't allow battling weren't really that fun(Pokemon Channel anyone?) If you want a more gimmicky game, theres plenty of games out there for you.

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    I have seen this game, And I am far from impressed. I dont see the hype about this game. Someone has got to explain it to me

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
    Basically...it's mainly for Diamond and Pearl owners to take their battles into a 3D world. 50 dollars is a steep price. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay to do a 3D battle.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    I realy is just a spiritual succesor to the other 3d games, nobody said it would be a better looking stadium/2. it has the word BATTLE in its name, it isnt a colluseom with all the extras. it is focused on making a perfect BATTLE< not splitting its focus like stadium did. stadium was fun, but it tried to hard to do everything.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Trust me, it should be worth more than 50$ in my opinion. Before the game came out, I thought the graphics were horrible, but now that I have the game, and I can see it first hand. I'm totaly blown away by this game. The graphics ar impecable, and the lighting effects are perfect, its pokemon in its true form in my opinion. (boy I have a lot of opinions =P).

But I would sieriously think about getting this if I were you, its awsome. And you even get to customize your trainer, and you can have more than one profile, up to 4!!!

This is one of the best pokemon games I have ever played, hands down.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    It's worth it to be able to bash random n00bs' poorly trained teams of hackeds and legendaries into the pavement without having to get their friend code first, too. :D

And as for the reviewers part, trust me, people, never listen to what reviewers have to say, because a game's quality is subjective; it depends on the person's specific interests, tastes, and experiences. Hell, this entire topic is a testament to that fact.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    It's worth it to be able to bash random n00bs' poorly trained teams of hackeds and legendaries into the pavement without having to get their friend code first, too. :D

And as for the reviewers part, trust me, people, never listen to what reviewers have to say, because a game's quality is subjective; it depends on the person's specific interests, tastes, and experiences. Hell, this entire topic is a testament to that fact.

I have to agree with you to a point. Some things could be stated as fact, such as graphics. We can all agree that the N64's Pokemon Stadium graphics is not as good as well, Battle Revolution's. Besides, I have to almost go by what reviewers say. I don't have cash to buy every game I see. So when I get one, I'd like it to be good. So, since I could only buy so many, I have to turn to reviews. So far they haven't let me down.

But you're right, it os all a matter of perspective.

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
    I don't think he was talking to you.

Ugghh... guys? Can we please cut the drama? PBR is NOT a good game if you don't like battling. Sorry, but not every Pokemon game has to be catered to YOUR needs.

On the converse, it would be fun if they made a game strictly NOT about battling. Pokemon Breeder Revolution.... nah....

sims796

Years
    Oh. Maybe I should go and read the START of this thread.

Oh sweet heavens. THIS is what I posted in!? No wonder ThatInsaneKid sounded so hostile. This is just whining. Seriously, PBR is NOT meant for mini-games. It was meant soley for battling. Thats was its called Pokemon BATTLE Revolution. The mini-games were meant just for a cheap pasttime in past games. As I read before, if you want mini-games, go to Rayman Raving Rabids, or Mario Party 1-8. This game is for Battling, not corney little mini-games. Hence the word MINI.

It was more of a marketing ploy when they had those stupid mini-games. Why would it be a ploy when they focus on what the game is about? Battling? There are plenty of Pokemon mini-games that you can buy.

Last edited:

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    I don't think he was talking to you.

Ugghh... guys? Can we please cut the drama? PBR is NOT a good game if you don't like battling. Sorry, but not every Pokemon game has to be catered to YOUR needs.

On the converse, it would be fun if they made a game strictly NOT about battling. Pokemon Breeder Revolution.... nah....

They could pull that off easy. It would have better name though. A hybrid of Pokemon and Harvest Moon...That would be cool. I thought about it just now, but I can't go into detail sense I am posting this from my Wii.

On Topic: Stop whinning, you get tired of battling? Don't get this game. You want mini-games? Play Mario Party 8 and glue Pikachu to the screen.

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Ok I read the title and it game me a question...

How good is outrage as an attack? I have it on my rayquaza and I use it fairly often.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
    I really don't believe that belongs in here...but I'll be nice and answer...It's a pretty good attack if used right. I like it on my Dragonite. Do a Dragon Dance first then follow it up with that. =D

sims796

Years
    Yes, it doesn't. Put that in strategies & movesets, and stay on topic.

Now, to address the graphics. The 2d graphics aren't bad, but still...and the 3d models aren't too bad, just, not all that great. Whether your a model isn't important.

I might spent the extra $50 for the game, but I just bought Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, so I'm set for the new game for now.

Sprites are an art form all of their own. Once you can author a brilliant looking game, just using 2d sprites, you can argue which is better. But from what I hear, they were lazy with some of the models in PBR. I myself have done some 3D modelling, and I can understand the idea to be a little lazy, especially with something like pokemon. But to charge 50 bucks for it?

Really? You don't need to know how to make a sprite to judge it, or it'll be exclusive. Just as you don't need to be a movie director to recomend your friend to a flick. And you HEARD the models were lazy. When you see it yourself, along with the gameplay, then you can judge. I know that, as I said before, we can't buy every game, and must go by what reviewers say. But at least look at the gameplay yourself. Along with Gameinformer, I watch X-Play, a video game review show. From there, I see the game first-hand, and compare reviews. You did the right thing when you rented the game.

Also, stop whining. The game is NOT meant for cheap, corny, knockoff mini-games. It is for battling hence, Pokemon BATTLE Revolution, as I said before. If you want mini-games do what Conman said.

Last edited:

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    It's not whining, it's a valid point. This game changes a lot in the series of stadium games. They've all had minigames, pokemon itself has a lot to do with minigames, it's a big change and I am allowed to say I don't like it.

I've played the game, and the battling is fun, but it's not worth my 50 dollars.
    If I didn't have Pokemon Diamond, this game would have been a waste of time. It's only good if you have bought diamond, so what you're going to spend another 50 bucks ontop of the 35 you already spent because they didn't include 3D battles and the ability to beat on other people without a friend code in Diamond and Pearl?

It doesn't make sense to me. The price tag is too high.

sims796

Years
    From the start of the post, you were whining about their not being any mini-games. That's not the point of the game. It was all about battling. But now you make a more valid point.

I bought Resident Evil 4, instead of Battle Revolution, and I don't regret my choice. You gave plenty of valid points about the game, and I agree that it is a somewhat cheap extention of the game. Like you said, you can only truly experience the game if you have D/P, which is an additional $35. I respect your opinion, and agree to a point.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    It doesn't have minigames. This is hardly a Coliseum game. I am offended and I am considering not purchasing this title based on this information.

All of the console games which allowed you to upload your pokemon since this point, included some kind of minigame.

This one does not. What does Gamefreak think they can slide just because it's the first Wii game to support random wifi multiplayer?

This title is offensive to me, but I won't decide whether or not to buy it, after I play it. I'm going to rent it today.

You see, my main point was I was upset that it is straying away from the traditional format. I didn't say it was a bad game, I even said I was going to reserve judgement until after I played it. Since then I've included points as far as, why not to get the game. But I've supported my argument and I've stayed true to it. It is not a traditional stadium game.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Who said it was a traditional stadium game? And for that matter, who even WANTS a traditional stadium game? so far you seem to be the only one expressing such sentiment. the rest of us trainers are perfectly happy with our battle engine. we don't need a little minigame tagalong gimmick.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Well, I figure for 50 bucks they should've put something else in it. At least let me sit in denial about my waste of 20 bucks (I know it's 50, but I feel it's only worth 30). So what if I'm the only person who comes here, who thinks it should've had that, it doesn't mean I'm the only person who feels that way. This isn't the largest community of Pokemon players, and if it is, then I apologize I didn't realize pokemon sucked so bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back