• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overlooked Pokemon who should be given a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    It's sad that no one has even considered Miltank.

Does anyone even realize the power of that thing, especially when Whitney uses it? :(
    Acctually Its my Favorite Pokemon on my Wifi Team and I use it frequently.

Dunsparce,barely anyone relises that Serene Grace + Charge Beam has a 140% (in other words will always) get a Sp.Atk boost

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Probably because his abilities are useless without the sun. I believe he got DD in HGSS along with Crawdaunt and Whiscash. I'm hoping to try out DD Crawdaunt, he should be given a hance to prove himself.

I've never used the Crawdaunt line, I always forget about them until I see one. I'm looking at a Crawdaunt picture right now and I have to admit, it looks pretty beastly. I just started a new game, maybe I'll give it a shot this time around.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • A overlooked pokemon is Bellossom. I have never seen alot of people used Bellossom, its a very good sweeper if used right.

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
  • It's sad that no one has even considered Miltank.

Does anyone even realize the power of that thing, especially when Whitney uses it? :(

Miltank is amazing O_O
    My Miltank [Nicknames Curdle, heh] knows Milk Drink (saves on potions), Thunder, Blizzard and Zen Headbutt - and because the only thing that is super effective against normal poke's is fighting, teaching a Miltank Zen Headbutt (Psychic attack) you can protect yourself against that threat. Also their Defence and Speed are high, attack is moderately high, as for their Sp. Atk well, it's a little low but that can be somewhat fixed, Sp. Def makes up for that I guess. :) Also Miltanks abilities are pretty freakin' cool.
    Thick fat halves ice and fire type damage while the ability Scrappy allows physical attacks to damage ghost pokemon! Miltank is a real winner :D

Also Vaporeon, I had one as my main in Plat. He dominated the Elite Four by himself. :3

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Miltank is amazing O_O
    My Miltank [Nicknames Curdle, heh] knows Milk Drink (saves on potions), Thunder, Blizzard and Zen Headbutt - and because the only thing that is super effective against normal poke's is fighting, teaching a Miltank Zen Headbutt (Psychic attack) you can protect yourself against that threat. Also their Defence and Speed are high, attack is moderately high, as for their Sp. Atk well, it's a little low but that can be somewhat fixed, Sp. Def makes up for that I guess. :) Also Miltanks abilities are pretty freakin' cool.
    Thick fat halves ice and fire type damage while the ability Scrappy allows physical attacks to damage ghost pokemon! Miltank is a real winner :D

Also Vaporeon, I had one as my main in Plat. He dominated the Elite Four by himself. :3

Vaporeon isn't a overlooked pokemon. It really is powerfull, My vaporeon in FR also managed to beat the E4 solo (after obtaining national dex!)

Slaking has awesome stats and is lethal in double matches. CB Slaking can also be very usefull in single matches, just switch out on the turn truant kicks in.

Azumarril has huge power, wich doubles his attack. Combine this with aqua jet or waterfall, and he really got killer stab moves.

Hypno is an excellent special wall, and has acces to nasty plot. It's just too bad they didn't have nasty plot in ADV, it'd kick but with the elemental punches.

Also, Cacturne because of sucker punch and focus punch, you might even get a sword dance. Toxicroak can do this too.

Feraligatr, even though almost everybody prefers Gyarados, Feraligatr has acces to swords dance, and has acces to better moves, plus, gyarados is crippeld by electric attacks.

Pinsir also has good stats imo.

Years
  • I think Sableye is a bit overlooked.
    It hasnt got overly flash stats by any means, but look at its typing.
    Dark/Ghost. How does 3 immunities and 0 weaknesses sound?
    You've also got a half decent moveset you can create with the badass as well :)

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • Ursaring. I just caught one for my team, and that girl is powerful!

Heracross. Come on, it's beastly! Megahorn, anyone? Only problem is that with it's Fighting type, it doesn't last very long.

Years
  • whitney's miltank, in my opinion, is the hardest to beat of all the gym leader's pokemon in jhoto. its strong and has an amazing moveset. milk drink, attract, stomp and rollout

Kombat

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • Hmmm Proberly the Most unconsidered that i can think is something like Slowking/Slowbro purely cos they can tank Special attacks very well.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • A strong, underused pokemon...WOBBUFFET! An attack that deals twice of what it gets is hard to beat. I caught one in my HG pokewalker and traded it SS. It's won me all of my badges so far (Destiny Knot). Standler is strong as well (also on my team).

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • My favorite Pokémon, Chimecho, is a pretty good supporter and has a nice special attack.
    Ursaring is a good Pokémon. Shellow can wreck havoc with Guts. and Farfetch'd owns the entire game.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • i use the poli family more than anyone i know how awesome they are and how under used as well i also think that fearow is under used as oppose to other bird pokemon in the game i also think quagsire

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Slaking. Although great prediction skills are required, it's a beast to reckon with. Just imagine if it had Skill Swap, hello OU.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
  • I don't have wi-fi, so some of these may be ridiculous.

Victreebell, Claydol(?), Kingdra, Slaking (I see why T.T), and Roserade. Just a few I randomly thought of.

Which Pokemon are more powerful/useful than they are given credit for?

The Pokemon that inspired this thread was my Politoed. I rarely hear of people using the Poli evolutionary line. I caught a Poliwag a few minutes after I recieved my Old Rod. It became my team's leading fighter pretty quick, he even took on the Elite 4 practically by himself.
    I never thought of using a Poliwag before, but I can honestly say the entire evolutionary line has won a special place in my heart.

Tropius is another Pokemon that deserves a second look. I have one on Pearl and it ended up being one of the most powerful Pokemon I have ever used. They are hard to find in most games, but worth it once you have them. A little training can make this Pokemon practically unstoppable.
    YESH! Tropius is one of my favorite Pokes!
    Hey, I used the Poli line! >=O

Anyway, I also use underused Pokemon. Tis the reason I'm using Pokemon in my new walkthrough, using ones I don't normally have. Here they are: Magby, Elekid, Totodile, Bellsprout, Dratini, Larvitar. I normally don't use them in battle, but I really like them. So, I'll evolve them and beat this game.

I think Furret is barely used as well.

Furret is like Bidoof, Linoone, and Rattata. They're not used much because they're so weak in the beginning of each game.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    the line that is overlooked is definitely the mareep line, i mean just look at ampharos, it has a rediculously high special attack, can take down gyarados and milotic by blowing on them, and can learn killer moves like outrage and focus blast, everytime i beat hg/ss i had ampharos on my team which practically teared evry apponent apart.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'm gonna have to second Tentacruel. I used it as filler on my Water Monotype team in Sinnoh and it completely blew me away. Fast, powerful, and bulky, a wonderful all-rounder not to be underestimated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back