• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overlooked Pokemon who should be given a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    krabby/kingler as an HM slave i dont know why people like bid-oof (its not bee-doof people so stop calling it that!!!!!!!!!) krabby learns cut, strength, rock smash, surf, and whirlpool WITHOUT needing to evolve

Also golbat/crobat is OP!!! (over powered)
    oh and magikarp not garados but magikarp

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I've got heaps i'd like to mention.

Manetric for one, destroys a lot of Pokemon.
    Zangoose because of it's speed and attack.
    Murkrow, just pure amazing.
    Kecleon, you guys might think its annoying buts its good once its with you.
    Aipom is a very good Pokemon to have a hold of.
    Swalot, ftw.
    And definately Nosepass and Starmie.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    you got this idea from my unexpected powerhouse thread didnt you :P
    its the same concept lol

i for one will NEVER over look the porygon-line ever again, on my platinum solo run my porygon-Z has owned everythin we faced since lv3 lol

also i agree on trpoius, its my 2nd fav grass type just behind the treecko-line

Kingler, Noctowl, Muk. Are some that I can think of.

ive used all of those their sum of my favs :3 all thanx to ash to be honest lol

Last edited:

Tolomer

(っ・ ω・)っ≡≡≡≡≡? ??≡≡≡З Σ(゜Д゜;|||)
    Years
  • Stantler, and Dunsparce :<

Poor babies.....

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • as people mentioned before...
    i love politoed! :D
    and furret... and miltank.

i don't see marowak being used very often, though i havent used mine in battle yet (it's not ready cuz i'm a procrastinator), but i'm sure it'll be beastly :3
    same with relicanth o:

Dunsparce doesn't evolve.

i'm pretty sure it was meant to be a joke xD

Last edited:

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
  • Zangoose, for it's speed and attack. Swords Dance followed by a Slash is like a surefire Guillotine with the right stats.
    Slaking... despite its major flaw, this monster can bring the house down.
    Lastly, Breloom. Yeah. A plant-fighting type can do more than you'd think.

shot571

A strong, underused pokemon...WOBBUFFET! An attack that deals twice of what it gets is hard to beat. I caught one in my HG pokewalker and traded it SS. It's won me all of my badges so far (Destiny Knot). Standler is strong as well (also on my team).
    wobbuffet isnt uu. Its uber. i see it a lot there. charizard i know that cos of the anime ppl love it but as they learn about its stats they abandon him. charizard FTW. Also Pidgeot. Now that kicks ass.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I'd say ... Luvdisc.
    I don't say it's weak and you must NEVER, EVER use it. It simply needs an evolution. If it gets one, I'll probably use it in my next gen. playthrough.
    I've used Kingler, Tropius, Poli-line... I mostly like underused Pokemon, as no one knows my next move !
    Oh, and Shuckle ! Power Switch (?) and Stone Edge FTW, even if you're quite REALLY exposed to physical threats ...

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Omastar.

Ah, the number of people that mocked me for using it... :(
    I use Omastar! I like him, too. :D

I second Breloom, but I can't really think of many others that qualify. Maaaaybe Luxray, but people seem to love him, so it all depends on what you're concerned with.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • the line that is overlooked is definitely the mareep line, i mean just look at ampharos, it has a rediculously high special attack, can take down gyarados and milotic by blowing on them, and can learn killer moves like outrage and focus blast, everytime i beat hg/ss i had ampharos on my team which practically teared evry apponent apart.

Totally true! My original Silver team had both Typhlosion (my avatar) and Ampharos (my secret weapon)

Years
  • My 2 cents..

Hypno - slow moving, but sturdy pyschic type (typically they're mostly fast and really frail) .. I used this guy a lot in my red and blue days simply because I got tired of Zam's defense issues. Plus Hypnos Attack stat isn't too shabby for a pyschic type. Its also much easier to evolve and I think it has better move opportunities. Probably not as strong, but generally lasts longer depending on the role you choose to give it.

Jynx - Terrorized Lance in Gold and Silver days. In online matches, most people don't seem to take into account for Jynx much, and makes a good trapper/Perish Song type suicide pokemon.

Primeape - Very little to dislike about this guy. Other than perhaps how he appears.

Lapras - I'm found of Lapras, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't really make it into teams very often. Packs a pretty good punch.

Clefairy/Clefable - Kinda like Jigglypuff but with more physical defenses and less likelyhood of getting killed quickly. It can stat itself (lacks a baton pass) or it can serve as a special/physical attacker. Magic Guard ability is amazing. Stealth Rock, Toxic, Paralyze or Burns will not effect it. Not sure about Freeze though. I used mine for Icebeam/T-Bolt and Reflect/Charm. It may not look tough, but it's surprisingly durable for a pink squishy.

Ludicolo - I haven't seen him around much, but I hear he's pretty much invincible in Rain.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back