• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Palindromes - Staralfur's Gallery

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
[FONT=Droid Sans, Helvetica, Verdana]

Warning!
this thread contains mature content!
[/FONT]

Palindromes

will pretty up later

Hello! I'm a recently restarting GFX artist. I've been doing GFX since 2009 with a 3 year long break from 2013 - 2016. I got most of my experience from setting up shops on various forums and having several buddies who all shared tips and tricks with me. Because I am a returning artist after a 3 year hiatus I am limited in resources so beginning tags might be a bit bland. Zappy made me get Photoshop again just like she made me join this site. So now I'm back in the art business! I'll update this with more information as time goes on.

So we're going to start the gallery by working backwards. So newest tags first and oldest tags last. Additionally since it has been so long I am likely to be missing a lot of my newer tags (apologizes for that). Hopefully it'll give an idea of how I've "evolved" over the years.
[content-warn=Option]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

Spoiler:
had a very short stint in 2015 with Photoshop making gifs
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
??? (2010 maybe?)
Spoiler:
Dinosaur Age (aka the Liquify Age)
Spoiler:
Prehistoric Times
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
And you say you haven't touched photoshop in years? haha (are the broken links of 2011-2012 proof of this xD)

Man, your gallery is really giving me the flashbacks of your shop back in PSN years ago. Although if you dare use text again like you used to back then I would disown you as a friend xD - I am really glad you've come back (thank the Fairy and Nina for making you get PS haha)

Prehistoric Times is still the best tbh

Last edited:

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
It's really interesting to see how much you improved from when you first started! It looks like you fixed most of the mistakes you used to have, which is great. Your latest piece has nice flow and the background effects definitely enhance the render. I also like what you did with the lights :-]

This is my favorite tag of yours, though:
revival_by_uni_bunneh-d528oc6.png

Love the smudging here, and the black/white works well. Text isn't too bad or out of place either.

Overall, it's awesome that you decided to pick up graphic-making again!
I'll keep an eye out for future updates ;-]

Back