• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pan's Labyrinth

Years
    A gothic fairy tale set against the postwar repression of Franco's Spain, Pan's Labyrinth unfolds through the eyes of Ofelia (Ivana Baquero), a dreamy little girl who is uprooted to a rural military outpost commanded by her new stepfather. Powerless and lonely in a place of unfathomable cruelty, Ofelia lives out her own dark fable as she confronts monsters both otherworldly and human.
    I'm surprised there was still no thread for this movie yet... But hey, this is PC.

The film got a 96% score at Rotten Tomatoes and a 98 at Metacritic, which says a lot already. :O

Mantain spoilers between [/spoiler] tags, of course. >>;

Discuss!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I saw the movie last Friday. o_o It was really good. There were some parts that were a bit too violent for my tastes, but aside from that, I really enjoyed it. :B It was very well done and the score was pretty too.

I'm the only person I know so far who thought the "fairy" (read: bug xD) was cute though. ;_;

TheGoblinQueen

The Rowlet Trainer
    Years
    Beautiful and fullfilling film it was. The problem I think on the fact not a lot of people saw it expecially on a Pokemon site is the fact it is not directly a childs fairy tale. I think most people here probably can not see it or do not directly want to see it. I been on sites were it was never mention because no one has seen it. I find kind of a disapointment cause it is such a beautiful and classic film. It probably is a film I knew for a fact I would consider to be in my top ten favorites. You just kind of get this vibe about the film and the dark gothic structure behind it.

Back