• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Papa. L's Pixels

monkeybard

boop
Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Allo thar. I sprite. Talk boring. Sprites now. Yes? Yes.

THESE SPRITES ARE ALL MADE FOR PERSONAL USE. IF SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE PLEASE SHOOT THEM FOR ME AND TELL ME OKAY. AND DON'T ASK TO USE, IT'S AN INSTA-NO (unless I really like your hack or something)

Appetiser:
    Papa. L's Pixels

This is a map I made a long long time ago. Tiles are all by me and fully scratch. Completely playable and everything too. For Pokémon Trainer Logs, a hack project which will be worked on more... eventually.
    Papa. L's Pixels

These are custom overworld bases by me for me and me only. They're fully scratch and supposed to be an rse+dppt sorta style overworld. Also for PTL, but may be used in my other projects too. Also made a long long time ago, so now that I look at it it seems pretty blegh at a few corners.

Now onto the real stuff! ♥

Spoiler:

And honestly that's all I have that is really presentable (in my eyes) for now. I'll update as I make however, so yeah.

If you are wondering about the funny coloured backgrounds it's because these sprites are for my hacks to which I wish I had commitment to. Please do not count them as major turn-offs and simply ignore them. That's what the cool people do.

EDIT: No posts? WELL THIS WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION.
    Papa. L's Pixels

IT'S BIBAXIE. DIE BEFORE ITS AWESOMENESS.

-♪

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ivysaur's backsprite looks a little flat to me. I'm sure why, I think it's because of the odd angle of the leaves and the placement.

That Bibarel is one pretty gal.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Ivysaur's backsprite looks a little flat to me. I'm sure why, I think it's because of the odd angle of the leaves and the placement.

I think it's mainly because of the flower's stem. It's indistinguishable from the leaf to the left of it, making it look like the flower is rising from the other side of the leaf. Also, the outline of the butt is light, and the shading around there doesn't shape the area as much as it could.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Um what happened to Venusaur's skin color?
    Spoiler:

modernisation happened. But I'm not the best at palettes, I may be kind of just a little bit colourblind... 8V
    Ivysaur's backsprite looks a little flat to me. I'm sure why, I think it's because of the odd angle of the leaves and the placement.

That Bibarel is one pretty gal.
    Hmmmm... Yes that Bibarel is very pretty 8D
    I think it's mainly because of the flower's stem. It's indistinguishable from the leaf to the left of it, making it look like the flower is rising from the other side of the leaf. Also, the outline of the butt is light, and the shading around there doesn't shape the area as much as it could.
    Ehh~ care to elaborate a bit more? I know the back looks a bit flat but I'm not too sure as to how and fix that.

EDIT: This would be a sucky post without an update.
    Papa. L's Pixels

The 'professor''s house in Pokémon Chicken. As you can tell (or not tell, meh) Chicken is set in the sky. I had a hard time designing this and eventually went to One Piece's Skypiea for inspiration ;A;

-♪

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • What I mean is that you need to add a bit more of the lighter shade below the tail, so that you can give the shading on that part of the body more roundness. As for the stem... Well, it blends in with the leaf. Maybe making the outline on its left side darker would help?

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    What I mean is that you need to add a bit more of the lighter shade below the tail, so that you can give the shading on that part of the body more roundness. As for the stem... Well, it blends in with the leaf. Maybe making the outline on its left side darker would help?

Papa. L's Pixels

How's that?

Oh, and here's a nice thing I put into Chicken just then:
    Papa. L's Pixels

IT'S A MUGSHOT ON MY TRAINER ID CARD. OMG. You'd think that you would have your face on an ID Card but nooooo, they want to take a picture of your whole body instead. Yeah, here's the male hero, default named Rooster. I kept the VBA Frame cause it shows that it's a screenshot BD But yeah, due to palette limitations (pure hate D<) the highlights and skin colours are pretty funky, but I like to think that it's still okay 8D

-♪

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    UPDATE:
    Well I am ashamed of myself for letting this half die. I checked other threads before doing this and I'm pretttttttty sure that I am allowed to bump/revive like this. Hopefully I am.

So enough of rambling, I have a few sprites for the interwebz to see~!

Papa. L's Pixels

New OW Bases (NOT FOR PUBLIC USE IF ANYONE USES/YOU SEE ANYONG USING THEM PLEASE EAT THEM WITH PEPPER) Full scratch. The idea of making OWs with decently large heads/faces so that more features (such as bigger eyes, and a mouth) can be seen.

Papa. L's Pixels

In action as Rooster is all Overworlded and ready to do some 'sploring! The house underneath him is a fully scratch 'lab'-like place, a.k.a the home of the Village Elder that governs over Rooster's birthplace. I'm pretty proud of it, it looks pretty cool xD The clouds are (admittedly) taken from LoZ: Minish Cap and edited to work as Pokémon tiles, and most other things aren't edited.

Papa. L's Pixels
    Papa. L's Pixels

I opted for a more simple mugshot (now waist-up) style instead. It's cute, likeable, uses less colours as it's less detailed but still detailed enough and I just could. not. get. the. heroine. to. look. right. in. the. other. styleeeeeee DDD<

So yeah, that's a few more sprites from Pokémon Chicken to revive my thread. Please please please do not use them (and help me enforce that).

-♪

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I told you should make a sprite thread a long time ago, but you said you couldn't be bothered. I guess you can be bothered now. Anyway, I love your tiles! they looks so beautiful! your overworlds and mugshots I'm not too big on though... The people in the mugshots look like they are kind of, IDK, not human. The proportions and shapes of the bodies don't look quite right (kind of boxish I guess) to me. The shading looks good though. The overworld's shading is also good, but the colors look a bit drab to me. I am slightly color blind though, so that could be it.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    I told you should make a sprite thread a long time ago, but you said you couldn't be bothered. I guess you can be bothered now. Anyway, I love your tiles! they looks so beautiful! your overworlds and mugshots I'm not too big on though... The people in the mugshots look like they are kind of, IDK, not human. The proportions and shapes of the bodies don't look quite right (kind of boxish I guess) to me. The shading looks good though. The overworld's shading is also good, but the colors look a bit drab to me. I am slightly color blind though, so that could be it.

Thanks! I'm proud of my tiles too~ And yeah, I was really itching to showcase my sprites before I actually release Pokémon Chicken so I started up a thread out of nowhere 8D

Haha, and I AM colourblind, so that could be it too. The mugshots are supposed to be chibi-styled, so the proportions and shapes wouldn't make sense I guess. If you can look past that and give me another comment though 8D

Here's some really old stuff I made back in the day since I want to keep the thread alive and I haven't made much more interesting Chicken sprites.

Papa. L's Pixels
    Papa. L's Pixels
    Papa. L's Pixels

Papa. L's Pixels

Papa. L's Pixels

Papa. L's Pixels
    Papa. L's Pixels

Papa. L's Pixels
    Papa. L's Pixels

Papa. L's Pixels

Papa. L's Pixels

Papa. L's Pixels
    Papa. L's Pixels

Papa. L's Pixels

64 x 64 Sinnoh Pokémon. I'm still pretty proud of how they turned out, except for maybe Turtwig and Cherrim haha.

-♪

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Welp... the shading all looks good, excpet for on some parts of giratina's body. You might want to make the shaded black a little bit darker. It just looks a little too flat to me. The rest of the sprites look good except that for the ones on the top half, they look a little smooshed. I notice this most with the turtwig family, but chimchar, budew, and that flower guy (I forgot his name) also look a little squished. You've got some extra space in all of these, you might want to make them a bit bigger.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • The round-top roofs are really nice; the shading and side panelings make the image pop out.

Back