• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paradox is Love?

Personally, what is love to you?

• Total voters

Bleuhorn

The Space Cowboy.
Years
  • It's simple: How do you TRULY, deep down inside, view this empowering feeling known as love? Do you view it as a game to win somebody's heart [Control] or as a glorious path for the joining of two souls [Divine]? Vote and discuss.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • I see love as trying to find the right person to stay with the rest of your life, sure they may be some ups and downs along the way but being with that person is worth it

Years
  • Love is a certain complexity that knows no bounds to its meaning. That said, a topic like this allows people to put their points across and to discuss them. So I'd say this thread belongs in Other Chat rather than here.

~Moved

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I see love as mostly instinctive...We search for it because we're programmed to continue on the human race and such. Put simply, there's a reason why love, when it works out, feels so incredibly amazing...Almost like a part of us is missing until we find someone to make us complete. We like to dress up love with fancy words, but I think it is closely related with out natural instinct to reproduce.

Hawkfish

I'm a fishy
    Years
  • Love? It depends. If your lucky and your in love and happy, it's beyond words. If it does not work out and the person dumps you. Then love is just instinct.
    In other words. t's definition is different for everybody. You discover what love is to you. There is nothing that actually would define it for everybody. Your experiences mean everything.
    Well for me? I don't know if I believe it as divine or instinct. Time will only tell.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I feel love is indeed ineffable, but I also feel it's not being forgotten - maybe not morbid by nature but just an unconditional, nurturing bond of sorts. It's to give balm in a mutual way, as I see love as a mutual thing. But once that is requited - for to say the phrase "unrequited love" is to say "love is not so". "Unrequited" and "love" don't mesh to me. "Unrequited" doesn't help the word "love" further. Now, is love ever sought self-indulgently or something accepted happily and imbibed in a less competitive way? I think that ranges in interpretation. I am of the impression that we are not cynical beings by nature but rather that's something we put up to hide the ever loving beings we may be underneath. We all show love in some form or way, or at least a want of something that may lead to anything of such, but some just do it in different ways - ways that lead to vicious cycles for eventual satisfaction.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Wouldn't that be sex, not love?
    Well, love can often lead to sex, so eh~
    Love is one, sexual gratification is another.
    Sex alone is nothing but "egg × sperm = division by googol", rather boring really. :|

Hmm, I forgot other interpretations of "love". So, for the thread now, I continue:
    Love like that of a mother for her child. A Mechanism to have the parent care for their child, even if it's a horrible little brat. :O
    Love as friendship. Teamwork mechanism in humans; we once hunted like packs of wolves, and for that, knowing one's fellow hunters would indeed be helpful. Also, as people make circles of friends, they share amongst eachother, ensuring no one is left hungry, cold etc. — how many times have you asked your friend for a piece of their chocolate bar?
    Love for objects. Unless you have a paraphilia involving man-made objects, this may as well be a different word (give it a few thousand years and it may end up spelt and/or pronounced differently) since it's just a liking towards whatever object, perhaps because it tastes nice. There's no "like, liker and likest" so 'love' makes a decent already familiar term to use in such a case.

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • i see love as Destiny, everyone has a person that they are meant to be with for their lives, its just a matter of finding them.

So in a way its both, its a game [Control] to find the person to spend your life with, but its a glorious path for the joining of two souls [Divine] because in the end, after the game, thats wat it is...

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    I see love as an entwining bond between two people that really care for each other.

Back