• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Parasite. (OOC thread!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    This is the OOC thread for the Pokemon RP, Parasite. You may ask questions here, talk, plot out things, et cetera. Not much more to it.

Current Character/Player List
    Green characters are Accepted.
    Blue characters are Pending.
    Orange characters are reserved spots that haven't been judged yet.

-
    winterfell / Shinta Nakamura / Celebi
    Zeph. / Byron Airnes / Ho-Oh
    The Gaurdian / Krellr Varomoar / Darkrai
    Shen / Lucine Midorenor / Cresselia
    Rairiki / Ivan Rendell / Kyogre
    firelordyago / Raigami Ichiro / Rayquaza
    Kyuu-Chan / Josephine Harris / Lugia
    Path / Cho Hee Park / Manaphy
    KillehKiwi / Ellesbyth Fernardi / Jirachi
    iLike2EatPiez / Lesley Coda / Shaymin

Psyko Thing / Makoto Nakamura / Giratina
    pikakip / Raydin Sear / Latios and Latias
    Dragon Song / ??? / Dialga
    Cerebelli / ??? / Palkia
    Pheonix987 / ??? / Groudon

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    ok i know sign ups are closed but could i be a pokemon not a legendary just one that is around often.

Edit:

ok i guess you dont have to go
    "The answer is NO!" so rudely

Last edited:

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
    Answer "NO"

Back to other stuffs... of couse my favrote part of this RP will be, "Dang it, why couldn't have Darkrai found some kid to save the world... Crap, my leg, the world can wait another ten minutes or so..."

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    I need to sketch out Damon and his team. I like having a visual when it comes to my characters, and giving the other people a visual so they know who they're talking to.

I'm looking forward to this being a high-interaction RP, since I'm not a fan of the ones where ten people sign up, but none of them ever interact. I fail to see the point. If you don't want to interact, why don't you write a fanfic?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Blasto King said:
    ok i guess you dont have to go
    "The answer is NO!" so rudely
    Sorry if you're offended; I can be an offensive person. But the intention wasn't to be "rude", I assure you.

The Gaurdian said:
    Back to other stuffs... of couse my favrote part of this RP will be, "Dang it, why couldn't have Darkrai found some kid to save the world... Crap, my leg, the world can wait another ten minutes or so..."
    I can tell he's gonna be a fun character to work with. xD

Strikit said:
    I'm looking forward to this being a high-interaction RP, since I'm not a fan of the ones where ten people sign up, but none of them ever interact. I fail to see the point. If you don't want to interact, why don't you write a fanfic?
    I agree completely. The whole point of RP is that you roleplay with multiple people... So why should any RP /not/ use a lot of interaction? 'Course this RP is highly based on the characters working together and getting to know each other (whether they like it or not), so there's bound to be lots of interesting interaction going on the whole time.

Strikit

Years
    That's exactly what an RP needs. When it's basically fanfic writing I lose interest and can no longer figure out what I ought to write, because if I'm going to write a fanfic I want to take the plot in my direction but can't because I'm not the plot writer.

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
    And that is Why I love "Threads" not plots... dont ask please.

Second Favrote part: So there are, waiting for something and Krellr starts telling a story... some where he gets distracted, thus causing him to forget where he was, so he asks simply "Wait, where was I again young one?"

Years
    Amazes me how often people forget that most of the legendaries are secret outside of obscure reports. This batch isn't so bad, but people seem kind of quick to accept that a Pokemon created the universe and has left next to no trace behind.

Strikit

Years
    Well, most of these characters have probably had time to come to terms with the idea, as I don't think this is the first instance in which they spoke to their Guardian. Or maybe it is, the RP god is the only one who gets to choose.

Years
    I figured this was the first time they'd met unless explicitly stated.
    But seriously, the actual names of many of the Legendaries (*cough*Palkia and Dialga anyone? The name had faded from the statue decades to eons before modern day) are canonically known by only the obssessive few. Yet apparently the ancient names of the CREATORS OF THE UNIVERSE are common knowledge.
    It doesn't ruin it for me but it just seems like cheating and glazing over an interesting oppurtunity.

Strikit

Years
    I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, but you'll have to talk to Piez about whatever qualms you may have.

Years
    It's the RP community as a whole, not this particular RP. I was just making a comment, not berating anyone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Meh. It really depends on your interpretation of canon. Some people assume most Legendaries are just commonly known to exist, wheras others assume they're extremely unknown and only a handful of people even know they're around. I like to think that with the events of the anime and games always involving Legendaries, they'd eventually have to become more known by means of media and rumours. But of course there are a million different ways to interpret it...

Strikit

Years
    Love the new avvie, Piez. It's freakin adorable.

But on topic! I've always thought legendaries are the stuff of myth and legend, but people know they exist.

Years
    And how many ancient creation myths does the average person know? Heck, these days I'd be surprised if the average joe knew Christianity's example.
    Even Cyrus, after obssessively researching into the ancient legends, didn't know who or what Giritina was and only Cynthia and her grandmother showed much knowledge about the Celestic town murals.
    Mewtwo is most definitely secret to only a select few: The PCs, Giovanni (depending on canon) and any remaining living scientists (iirc, Blaine and Fuji).
    I haven't played G/S in years, but I remember people only referring to Ho-Oh and Lugia as the gold/silver Pokemon of Brass/Tin Tower. Celebi was more well known as the Forest Guardian (how would you get the name of a time travelling onion anyway?) and the Beasts' backstory is slightly confusing but is hinted that they were completely different Pokemon before death.
    Kyogre and Groudon were so secret there were barely any legends surrounding them. I'm not entirely sure how Magma/Aqua found out about them as I doubt any humans could've survived their battle. Rayquaza is equally mysterious, but at least had been sighted many times before. Latios and Latias came out of nowhere. The Regis are an interesting case (and my personal favourite trio) but their names weren't mentioned themselves. And who the hell is Deoxys? How can -anyone- possibly know it. It's from space!
    Unless we follow the much shakier anime canon (with a lot of it simply not making much sense), there's not much reason for the normal person to be able to immediately identify any Legendary they come across. (fyi, Brock is actually a secret mastermind of evil following Ash so he can taint each Legendary they come across and bring them under his control, using the idiot as his avatar)

Strikit

Years
    I suppose so, but as I said, I don't think many of us want to sped the first several posts of the RP writing about researching the legendaries and learning about them. I still assume that each has been contacted by theirs before, as in the case of Damon and Shiia. Piez accepted Damon's SU, despite mention of having heard Shiia's voice before they were transported, which says to me that yes, they have spoken before, and yes, they have been informed.

Years
    Just a "what the heck is that?" "Lugia, legendary silver Pokemon of Johto" "oooh, cool, I heard of that". We're making a story here.
    And again, this isn't directed to anyone in particular as it doesn't really detract from the experience. Just seeing how people fob off the handwaves and contradictions of the various canon(s?) then proceed to do it themselves.... (again, no-one in particular for this RP. I don't know any of you yet, but hope we can all get along. With rainbows and Ponyta and stuff)

Strikit

Years
    I'm not quite that specific about Pokemon, I suppose. It's imaginary, so it's not that vital. But I have always hated how in the anime there are legendaries abound, freaking everywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back